PDA

View Full Version : Increase of new players

GanjaRider
05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Since the recent increase of new players two things happened:
-Lag!
-15 rail boosters were griefed!

I'm sure lag can be resolved by the upcoming RAM upgrade. And those 15 rail boosters isnt a huge loss but how many will follow? I am concerned about the new players dedication and respect to this great server and I just hope there wont be an increase of griefing of my rails or anything else. World guarding the rails isnt an option because people should be able to get in and out of a minecart where ever they are.

I have no problem with new players, I mean the more the merrier. But would it be a good idea to do more thourough applications? Make a 10 question list asking about minecraft, previous servers and RL hobbies and sht? Just to get to know new players better.

Bleedinghippy
05-06-2011, 12:10 PM
We just need to properly worldguard the tracks...

Jackster21
05-06-2011, 01:51 PM
We just need to properly worldguard the tracks...

like Ganja says, that aint the answer,

worldguard = striaght lines.

so imagen doing the minecart track, every turn = new section, its alot of work hippy mate,

ive gotta do the great wall, think how long thats gonna take me?

i do agree with you Ganja, its becoming a concern to us all, and in discussion.

rules will be stricter, and if i recieve complaints about ANYONE from a clan member/server regular, then that person will have action taken against them,

but theres a huge increase in players, and i am being stricter in recruitment,

just gotta find more ways to control it,
maybe an age policy, who knows?

thanks for your contribution tho,
appriciate it,

naithantu
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Already 10 new players asking for build permissions on the forum today >.<

I think the question list would be a nice solution, asking stuff like Why do you want to play on our server? usually causes a drop in new players. But the people who really want to play here will fill it in.

Maybe when you get complaints about new players (less then two weeks on the server?), ban them earlier?

Jackster21
05-06-2011, 02:09 PM
if you havent already spotted,
any new players that are acting like total idiots, recieve a /ban from me before they can even leave the castle gates xD

but from that feedback, ill add a few questions to the application thing, ;)