PDA

View Full Version : Naith's project? - Railway station

naithantu
30-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Currently Updating All Info On The Railway!
Building will begin asap!

How To Build A Proper Railway Track. :p
Just me and some people I know are building this now, but I'll try to let more people help with this over the next week. Dont ask me yet, ill post it when we've build enough to let more people help!
1. Place one powered rail every 38 track (1 powered rail, 37 normal rail, 1 powered rail etc.).
2. Place at least 1 torch every 12 blocks (just to make sure no mobs can spawn on the track itself :P)
3. Don't make tracks near spawn instead told otherwise by me or jack, since this is a populated area we dont want the tracks to go above ground. Either me or someone i know will make the tracks there, to make them nicely hidden and go above ground when it gets less populated or to stop at a project. Only the pixelart tour will be above ground near spawn.
4. When making tracks, try to make it go over the ground as much as possible, however, dont make it a bumpy ride. Either do a bit of landscaping to make the ground a bit more flat, or use pillars under the rail/ bridges when landscaping would mean you have to change too much.
5. When making struts, make sure they appear to go into the ground! just stopping on a piece of dirt might mean you can still see that the pillar stops there from the side.
Just noticed frozen already did this wrong, so here's a pic to show what i mean :D
Wrong:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2l8wv1l.png
Good:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2lmw038.png

6. More stuff might be added later, just added everything i could think of right now xD

How to build a station:
I might post a how-to on this later, for now i'll just make them myself. If you want to make one look at a previously built station and see how it works (we already have some, they arent connected to spawn yet though).
main layout of the station:
Explanation of the picture, black square = the station walls. red thick lines are the track, red thin lines are redstone.
the piece of track with the black square in it is a detector rail, the rail with the yellow is a powered rail, which stops the cart in the station.
The pink square is a button, when pressed it will power the rail and switch a track to make you go on the side track.
The detector rail is, with a lot of repeaters to delay the signal, connected to the powered rail. If you dont press the button this will power the rail after a couple of seconds and make you continue over the main track
http://i56.tinypic.com/2pywb40.png

Explanation On How The Station Works:
1.There are 8 buttons to choose destination, just click the button with the sign of the destination you want to go too. The redstone torch above this sign will lit up to show this is selected.
2. Press the button for a cart, the cart will magically appear out of the wall! :D
3. Press the button to go! :P
4. If you take a track with more then 1 destination (project tracks), you will arrive at substations along the way, signs at the substation will tell you where you are, if you press the button you will go to that project, if you dont press a button you will continue along the main track to other projects.

The destinations of the tracks:
1. Projects north
2. Projects east
3. Projects south
4. Projects west
5. Connection to the Great Wall Of China (not really necessary now that its closer, but it should get some more people there)
6. Pixelart tour (By ganja :D)
7. Currently empty track.
8. Currently empty track.

Explanation of the "project tracks":
Will be connected to interesting builds, for example: circle city, calculator, hanging gardens etc.
The current lines can be seen on this picture below:
http://i55.tinypic.com/30jqlc9.png

The arrows indicate in what way the main line will continue, side lines can be selected by pressing a button when there. (you will be stopped near the project (as near as the main track gets), if you dont press anything you will continue on the main track, if you press the button you will go on a side track going to the project)

Currently (going to be) connected projects:
West track:
Vipers Stadium
Petra
The rainbow with a pot of gold under it
Calc
(Aperture Science Building)
Circle City
Bacon Statue of Bacon
Niek's Castle

South track:
Stunt's Sand Castle
[Colosseum (?)]
Parthenon (?)

A basic track is built to:
(Cret's Bridge)
(Frozen's Balloon)
(Frozen's and Hedges' Houses)

East Track:
[Taj Mahal (?)]
The gardens
Laegluins Castle
Maysaf
(the Dam)

North Track:
The farm
Pyramids of Giza (?)
Chitchen Itza (?)

Want To Help? :D

With Ideas:
I just looked at the world map for nice projects, so i probably missed a lot :P
If you think something should be added, reply or send me a message!

There are still 2 lines free, maybe someone else has a good idea of what to do with them :P. otherwise they will just stay empty until we need them :)
If you have a good idea on what to do with these empty tracks, reply or send me a message!

Or By Building:
As soon as some routes have been confirmed by jack and we are sure that we dont miss any projects (which might mean the route would have to be placed somewhere else for a faster/shorter connection), people can start helping.
I might post some pictures to clarify on how the side tracks work and the main track design can be seen from an already built track.
If you want to help, just post here or send me a message. (Dont spam me plz, work hasnt started yet anyway xD)

Where Da Fook Is Dis Station?!?!

It's in the basement of the castle, next to the shop. I might open it after the gaps going into secret stuff (=D) have been closed :P.

Disclaimer:

All this information may be changed as i am the only one who knew about most of this information xD
The following applies to both soon, asap, soon-ish or other time indication words:
"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between naithantu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, naithantu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as naithantu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Old Post With The Idea For This Project:

For now just an idea, but i think its a good one xD

Making a railway station near (or in?) the spawn castle. In the station you press the button for the destination you want to go too, step in the cart and your off! :p

You could connect alot of stuff to this, because there are a lot of nice buildings in the world. But noone ever really sees them :(
But with the railway, people would :P

If people want some of their creations connected to this, just respond here or send me a message.
Also it would be nice because you dont have to keep a home at things you've built anymore, i dont use a couple of places anymore, but i dont want to remove my home there because there isnt really a way to get back to it.

Jackster21
30-08-2011, 09:53 AM
could you wire that up?

like different destinations etc.?

FrozenToast2
30-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Great idea, if you want me I could help..

Laegluin
30-08-2011, 11:47 AM
That's what i wanted to do after finishing my castle in a few months :D

Maybe I can help you sometimes? =)

naithantu
30-08-2011, 12:25 PM
@jack, yes. I would probably make it so that you press the button for you destination, a torch goes on so you can see what you selected (or what was already selected) and when you press the button to make the cart go, it will be changed onto the right track.

And when there are several destinations going over the same track, then you would have places where the cart stops, if you dont do anything then you will just continue the ride after a second, if you press the button you will be changed onto a side track going to the side destination.

@laegluin/frozentoast, i could use some help :)

FrozenToast2
30-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Great :)

FrozenToast2
30-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Hmm, was bored so I decided to make this quickly.. forgot to post it :P

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1165/traindiagram.jpg

Just a couple ideas.. naith decides, its his idea after all (:

naithantu
31-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I like paint.

and that picture does not make sense. xD

FrozenToast2
31-08-2011, 08:52 AM
To be honest, I did that with photoshop CS5 ^^

Look, it's working with sections (A, B, ...) Those can be as big as you want, with the castle in the middle. Then, whee these roads split up (such as we tested yesterday) we make a station (so inbetween those sections. The players then connect their homes to those "branches" ( green line ). And still, its just a scheme so bear with me here :>

Jackster21
31-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I like paint.

and that picture does not make sense. xD

agreed :D

Jackster21
31-08-2011, 10:26 AM
The players then connect their homes to those "branches" ( green line ). And still, its just a scheme so bear with me here :>

we wont be having it to go to individual houses at this stage.

Laegluin
31-08-2011, 11:52 AM
@naith

you're avatar, it's me :D

and bacon.

naithantu
31-08-2011, 02:56 PM
The players then connect their homes to those "branches" ( green line ). And still, its just a scheme so bear with me here :>

You decide that for me? xD

Jackster21
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM

You decide that for me? xD

Yup. =D

FrozenToast2
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Lolz.

naithantu
01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/120i8gk.png
The rail cant go down and under the castle with all that castle shit under it :(
Are we going around it, or could you remove some of it? xD

Jackster21
01-09-2011, 03:37 PM
where i suggested to you, below it is the spare trade shop (which can now be removed if people hasnt claimed shit) and below it is the old spawn and the public mine, so we can remove it to make room... :D

iainj
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
could have a number of stations - and have a line going off the main station to 'houses' which has a long line goign to to most houses, and then little lines going onto it from the side?

FrozenToast2
02-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Hmm, that was the exact idea of my little drawing, but nobody seemed to get that... (:

iainj
02-09-2011, 07:53 PM
maybe that's 'coz there all fools?

yea, yours makes sense once you know what it's talking about :P

iHydro
28-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Count me in for this. I approve!

naithantu
28-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Do Not Fall.

|_
...|_
......|_
.........|_
............|_
...............|

Down Stairs.

I don't have anything else to say.

iHydro
29-09-2011, 07:41 AM
When are you continuing with your railway? I'd like to help progressing the building of it if I may!!

FrozenToast2
29-09-2011, 08:12 AM
You do realise this plan was actually made for the old 1.7 map? As there are no really distant buildings yet, I think this isn't really priority. Still, the pixel art tour and perhaps the great wall also have to be made..

iHydro
29-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Then lets make the train station with the pixel art tour as the only destination for now!

Jackster21
12-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Then lets make the train station with the pixel art tour as the only destination for now!

Ganja's made a new topic about this :D

Jackster21
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
naith, how do you bump a topic? :D

matstar1
12-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I would quite like to help with this
and i think the most distant building is Emisia's mall (what isnt finished) atm.

naithantu
12-10-2011, 03:06 PM
All New Information Will Be Added To The First Post!
Go to page 1 to see the latest information!

iainj
12-10-2011, 03:45 PM
what about the Taj?
also, could have a circle line for route 7. that goes roudn the 7 wonders of the world.
route 8. could be a general route that follows the roads, under or, over ground.

Jackster21
12-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Disclaimer:

All this information may be changed as i am the only one who knew about most of this information xD
The following applies to both soon, asap, soon-ish or other time indication words:
"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between naithantu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, naithantu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as naithantu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

i lol'd at this. :D

@Iainj, + Naith

your saying link the great wall, the great wall has a stop at each of the world wonders.... so surely that makes most of those routes irrelevant?

naithantu
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM
indeed, thats why i put an (?) behind the world wonders destinations, if the track would be near a world wonder station, then i would probably connect it? otherwise not, since it isnt needed at all xd

i sort of like your idea of putting it under the roads, that might make that track feel like its a sewer, which is awesome :P
we'll see :D

pricey123
12-10-2011, 05:30 PM
if u need any help i am willing to help out as well

Jackster21
12-10-2011, 06:27 PM
i sort of like your idea of putting it under the roads, that might make that track feel like its a sewer, which is awesome :P
we'll see :D

sounds like a good idea,
just struggling to see how we would get it to work.

naithantu
15-10-2011, 02:13 PM
All the redstone stuff is now done, the main station now has 8 buttons to select a location, if you press a button all the torches for the other destinations will turn off, and the torch for your destination will turn on :D

Therefore, i want to start building! :D (jack: rails, powered rails, detector rails, smooth stone, bricks, redstone repeaters? :D. I placed chests behind the station walls :) (behind the left wall if you walk in fromt the castle/at my home 2, if you cant find it xD))

i will post a basic instruction on how to build tracks/ switching stations, since other people will be helping with this :)

flrnprdmn
15-10-2011, 02:15 PM
i will post a basic instruction on how to build tracks/ switching stations, since other people will be helping with this :)
I would like to help you! :D

iainj
15-10-2011, 03:52 PM
could we try and make sure that the rails are ideally uderground, or on the floor or just above if not - if there just flaoting in midair it looks a bit crap, and will ruin the wm :/

naithantu
15-10-2011, 03:56 PM
i know, thats why me and maybe some people i know will build a track first before other people help, i want it to look nice :D

main plan for now: underground when near spawn , above ground when the area gets less crowded.

flrnprdmn
15-10-2011, 05:12 PM
i know, thats why me and maybe some people i know will build a track first before other people help, i want it to look nice :D

main plan for now: underground when near spawn , above ground when the area gets less crowded.
Sure, do it, i'll copy it then. :D
But the main question is, WHERE EXACTLY the area is less crowded... Because a complete subway isn't that nice. We'll build some stations then, right?

naithantu
19-10-2011, 02:20 PM
added some more info on how to build rails, dont ask me if you can help yet! ill post here when we've built enough to let other people help!

Edit:
Added some pictures to show what i mean :P
also: FUCKEEEE YOUUU CAPTCHAAAAA
http://i53.tinypic.com/33xakxv.png

triangle, weird 1, dots, thats not on my keyboard >:(

Jackster21
19-10-2011, 04:21 PM
naith got owned by a captcha. :D

iainj
20-10-2011, 02:42 PM
it's obviously a ratio of delta1:omega1
am i right, or is my greek wrong?

Damsco
20-10-2011, 05:14 PM
LOL at that captcha xD

flrnprdmn
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Explanation of the "project tracks":
Will be connected to interesting builds, for example: circle city, calculator, hanging gardens etc.
The current lines can be seen on this picture below:
http://i55.tinypic.com/30jqlc9.png

The arrows indicate in what way the main line will continue, side lines can be selected by pressing a button when there. (you will be stopped near the project (as near as the main track gets), if you dont press anything you will continue on the main track, if you press the button you will go on a side track going to the project)

Currently (going to be) connected projects:
North track:
Hanging Gardens
Laegluins Castle (its big, not like a house :P)
Masyaf

East track:
Stunts sand castle
Parthenon (?)

South track:
Vipers huge football stadium
Calculator
(adventure cube, far from finished so might not add that yet now)
Circle city
Bacon Statue Of Bacon
Sand city in the sea

West track:
Giant Public Farm
Piramid of Giza (?)
Ancient Temple (name? xD) (?)

I just found out that the directions are wrong here.

It has to be like this:

West track:
Vipers Stadium
Petra
The rainbow with a pot of gold under it
Calc
(Aperture Science Building)
Circle City
Bacon Statue of Bacon
Niek's Castle

South track:
Stunt's Sand Castle
[Colosseum (?)]
Parthenon (?)

(Cret's Bridge)
(Frozen's Balloon)
(Frozen's and Hedges' Houses)

East Track:
[Taj Mahal (?)]
The gardens
Laegluins Castle
Maysaf
(the Dam)

North Track:
The farm
Pyramids of Giza (?)
Chitchen Itza (?)

I added some destinations. :D

Edit your post kkz? :D

naithantu
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
already knew that, but i was too lazy to update this topic =D
fixed know :]

also... work on more tracks will start tonight! yay! :P
cancel that... i'll see how far i get xD

FrozenToast2
02-11-2011, 09:06 AM
South track:
Stunt's Sand Castle [done]
[Colosseum (?)] [done, no station tho]
Parthenon (?) [done, no station as well]

(Cret's Bridge) [done, no station xD]
(Frozen's Balloon) [done]
(Frozen's and Hedges' Houses) [done]

All Done! :D

I'll add some more stations when there are more things built. But I don't think the stations for the world wonders are neccessary, they are close enough and there's nothing inside really :P

flrnprdmn
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.
Oh, and help me lighting up the rails? <3

Jackster21
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.

the rail inside the wall really needs to get done soon, and i need to build the stations @ each world wonder, ive only done the taj 1 so far.

naithantu
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM

the rail inside the wall really needs to get done soon, and i need to build the stations @ each world wonder, ive only done the taj 1 so far.

indeed, we could use one of the empty rails to just make a line into the wall.

flrnprdmn
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Didn't you plan this anyway? :D

naithantu
02-11-2011, 04:08 PM

actually........ yes.
but i dont really expect a lot of people to read the main post, they already have a problem with reading 1 sign, so... xD

Jackster21
02-11-2011, 04:13 PM

actually........ yes.
but i dont really expect a lot of people to read the main post, they already have a problem with reading 1 sign, so... xD

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D

naithantu
02-11-2011, 04:14 PM
[quote="flrnprdmn":zxd0wuoa]We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.

actually........ yes.

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D[/quote:zxd0wuoa]

whats wrong with that? :(

FrozenToast2
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM
[quote="Jackster21":21p98jrc][quote="flrnprdmn":21p98jrc]We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.

actually........ yes.

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D[/quote:21p98jrc]

whats wrong with that? :([/quote:21p98jrc]

hmmm? just felt like quoting :D

Jackster21
02-11-2011, 04:35 PM
[quote="naithantu":3oiu6o9k][quote="Jackster21":3oiu6o9k][quote="flrnprdmn":3oiu6o9k]We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.

actually........ yes.

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D[/quote:3oiu6o9k]

whats wrong with that? :([/quote:3oiu6o9k]

hmmm? just felt like quoting :D[/quote:3oiu6o9k]

Why Not?

naithantu
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
[quote="flrnprdmn":1pwlz0wu][quote="naithantu":1pwlz0wu][quote="Jackster21":1pwlz0wu][quote="flrnprdmn":1pwlz0wu]We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.

actually........ yes.

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D[/quote:1pwlz0wu]

whats wrong with that? :([/quote:1pwlz0wu]

hmmm? just felt like quoting :D[/quote:1pwlz0wu]

Why Not?[/quote:1pwlz0wu]

Because Talking With Capital Letters Like This Looks Awful.

iainj
02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
[quote="naithantu":i4pjqc9p][quote="flrnprdmn":i4pjqc9p][quote="naithantu":i4pjqc9p][quote="Jackster21":i4pjqc9p][quote="flrnprdmn":i4pjqc9p]We should connect the Wall of China Track then, so we don't need to connect the Taj and others.

actually........ yes.

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D[/quote:i4pjqc9p]

whats wrong with that? :([/quote:i4pjqc9p]

hmmm? just felt like quoting :D[/quote:i4pjqc9p]

Why Not?[/quote:i4pjqc9p]

Because Talking With Capital Letters Like This Looks Awful.[/quote:i4pjqc9p]

you need to update the first post with what has been done and what hasnt

Jackster21
03-11-2011, 09:43 AM
[quote="Jackster21":1ly61ggv][quote="naithantu":1ly61ggv][quote="flrnprdmn":1ly61ggv][quote="naithantu":1ly61ggv][quote="Jackster21":1ly61ggv]

actually........ yes.

lots and lots of quoted text boxes... :D

whats wrong with that? :([/quote:1ly61ggv]

hmmm? just felt like quoting :D[/quote:1ly61ggv]

Why Not?[/quote:1ly61ggv]

Because Talking With Capital Letters Like This Looks Awful.[/quote:1ly61ggv]

you need to update the first post with what has been done and what hasnt[/quote:1ly61ggv]

Yes Naithantu, Update It With Capital Letters.

iainj
05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
the stations on the south line don't work correctly, you just carry on through them or stop and go over the stop device s oyo u can't carry on.

naithantu
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
ill fix those tomorrow.. :)

flrnprdmn
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
And btw,
we need to wg the stations like members can place carts there... Does that work with /rg flag?

Jackster21
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
And btw,
we need to wg the stations like members can place carts there... Does that work with /rg flag?

yeah, post that in server bugs that people can place minecarts in WG areas and we'll fix it.

naithantu
09-11-2011, 09:17 PM
but we dont want them to place carts everywhere ;3

iHydro
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I always take my cart with me as I made it

flrnprdmn
10-11-2011, 01:32 PM
but we dont want them to place carts everywhere ;3
Not everywhere, but at the stations mate :D

Jackster21
29-11-2011, 01:40 PM
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/trainticket/

@naith,
good idea?
yes/no?

flrnprdmn
29-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Looks good. :D

naithantu
29-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Looks.... okay. If you have to pay for a ticket alot of people might not use it anymore... >.<

FrozenToast2
29-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I just thought the railways were for poor people, while the richies could just afford a warp... or am i wrong in this assumption? :P

Jackster21
30-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I just thought the railways were for poor people, while the richies could just afford a warp... or am i wrong in this assumption? :P

True :D

we have a new warp plugin that im testing anyway,
exclusive-ish to our server :D

instead of clicking a sign and you warp there, you get fired out of a cannon and fly there :D :D

Also, dragons to fly you to places - coming soon! :P