PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft 1.8 | New Map, Or Stay The Way We Are?

Jackster21
05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Obviously Minecraft 1.8 is coming out very soon! this week infact,

it has alot of changes announced, including new biomes, rivers, and increased build height.

this means our current world will not have access to these features as it has already been generated.

so, im proposing the following.

We generate a brand new world, with the new biomes, increased height, new features, NPC villages, the lot!

we will use software to copy over the big important builds of our server, e.g. spawn castle, the wonders of the world, the calculator, the pixel art.

if you want your own houses/builds to be brought over to the new server, there will be a £1 fee for all of your things to be transferred as its alot of hard work.

we will then layout these features in a landscape we like, then upload the map for you all to play!

Obviously, you may lose your stuff. however all your money will be transferred, and we will give you all $5,000 in-game to buy items from the shop ready to start your new minecraft adventure!

we think this will benefit the server hugely, and would appreciate you support the idea, however if you want to keep it the way you are, then its upto you.

i have attached a poll for you to vote in, please vote as it is your decision at the end of the day.

**ANY ITEMS YOU WANT MIGRATING TO THE NEW MAP, PLEASE CONTACT A MODERATOR FOR A MIGRATION CHEST!!**

LINK BELOW IS LIST OF BUILDINGS BEING MIGRATED
http://forums.slap-gaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=543

10ebbor10
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
New map ;)
It would add some spice to the server with the NPC ;)

Astrocometer
05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
im all for it so long as i get to chose i nice place for my city to be copied to :P, oh and my pirate ship, tree and sphere. also how r u gunna copy the great wall. either way i will help with the transfer

06-09-2011, 12:45 AM
With the great wall, it was sort of built with the terrain, and since the terrain's going to be completely different with a new world, I think it might end up being less rage if we redo it.. especially if with this new map the wonders are closer together :P

Jackster21
06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
With the great wall, it was sort of built with the terrain, and since the terrain's going to be completely different with a new world, I think it might end up being less rage if we redo it.. especially if with this new map the wonders are closer together :P

thats what we are doing.

they will be closer together, so will be alot easier to do.

and it'll be a huge team effort as it aint fair on hizzy to do it all again (:

FrozenToast2
06-09-2011, 09:24 AM
I'll be happy to help later on :)

you also said something about paying others to do bits and pieces of the wall, might be a good idea to get more people for the project.

Laegluin
06-09-2011, 01:37 PM
What about those who can't pay the money?
I would donate but I can't, so what will happen?

Jackster21
06-09-2011, 02:34 PM
we would say we'd migrate everyones houses, but think about it, that would take, FOREVER.
and we want downtime to be as little as possible.

people who cannot donate to get their houses moved, you will need to speak to a moderator in-game who will back up all your items in the castle, which will be migrated over.

i'd advise demolishing your current buildings, keeping the resources, and getting the migrated ready to re-build on the new map.

if you live on the main road out the front of the castle, you can request your house to be migrated.

Laegluin
06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Even demolishing my castle would take a few days, it cost my two months of work. :(

Jackster21
06-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Even demolishing my castle would take a few days, it cost my two months of work. :(

keep 1 castle,

or get a whole new landscape with new biomes, mobs, villages, height allowances?

Bleedinghippy
06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
I might help with the wall, I don't really have much to do otherwise

hbmann
06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
hi it's me hbmann.
my house is the third one on mainroad.
I would like you to migrate my house to the next world if it's possible :|
can i keep the position of my house (near to spawncastle) if this is possible, too.

thank you

hbmann

Jackster21
07-09-2011, 12:27 PM
added your house hbmann (:

hbmann
07-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks

Jackster21
08-09-2011, 01:15 PM
@jeb_
Jens Bergensten

The new "good guess" for a Beta 1.8 release date is 12th of September (this monday) =( *takes cover*

cm_stunt
08-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Could you also please migrate my house right outside the spawncastle to the new map? And how exactly does that thing with the items work? I logged in some times in the last days but there was no admin...

Jackster21
09-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Could you also please migrate my house right outside the spawncastle to the new map? And how exactly does that thing with the items work? I logged in some times in the last days but there was no admin...

can you give us a link from the world map please stunt?

your sandcastle is on the list.

your items, you need to contact a moderator/admin to put them in chests, if there's no admin/mod online, e-mail jackstaa21@gmail.com
it will come to my phone and i will get 1 of us to log in.

cm_stunt
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.awesomedave.co.uk/#layerId=L ... 675&zoom=7 (http://www.awesomedave.co.uk/#layerId=LayerA&worldX=447&worldY=0&worldZ=-675&zoom=7)

Auxilliary
09-09-2011, 03:18 PM
yeh its on the list good sir :)

cm_stunt
10-09-2011, 10:52 AM
thanks.

btw, which software will you use for that? because i'd like to do the same with my singleplayer world...

Jackster21
10-09-2011, 11:05 AM
MCedit.

thebadsoldier89
11-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I payed the one euro fee to get my building moved to the new map by the hotmail SCE55@hotmail.com. So when can you save mah stuff, Jack?? If possible, i would like my Houses moved to the highest mountain near spawn. Obviously, if it's a bit far away, i can live with that. I have got 2 Buildings i'd liked moved. So, how is this gonna work? Do i show you the the area i want moved on MC or whatnot?

Jackster21
11-09-2011, 01:02 PM
can you give us a link from awesomedave.co.uk of your house please?

navigate to your house and copy the URL.

cheers mate

thebadsoldier89
11-09-2011, 01:04 PM
can you give us a link from awesomedave.co.uk of your house please?

navigate to your house and copy the URL.

cheers mate
Sure. But please, PLEASE if it's possible, save both of my houses.. The 2 wooden ones. The stone one doesnt matter.

JetTripleSeven
11-09-2011, 04:23 PM
i vote yes :)

Jackster21
11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Jet....