PDA

View Full Version : Shootmania: Storm

Laegluin
05-06-2012, 12:29 PM
So, most trackmania nerds probably already know it (at least ganja :P), but there was an Alpha invite tournament for shootmania, a shooter with an editor like trackmania. Tell me what you think about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W4jCoGJ ... re=g-all-u (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W4jCoGJTVo&feature=g-all-u)

These are all the matches of my favourite team (they're my favourite tf2 commentators).

FrozenToast2
05-06-2012, 12:34 PM
TB sounds weird doing e-sports. Then again, it might just be me :p

Though the fact that you can't even see your own weapon and that 1 shots can kill is fairly off-putting, not to mention the ugly UI + font and all that (I reaally really hoped they'd come up with something new instead of the old one from TM, guess they didn't :S)

naithantu
05-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Hopefully they change that later on. I could understand it if they just took an old font because otherwise they wouldn't have anything yet while it is in alpha.
I really enjoyed watching the videos, but I just don't really see me playing that game. xD And I think an editor for a racing game works much better then for a multiplayer game. With a racing game you can easily test it yourself while a good multiplayer map (especially one for a serious fps styled shooter like this) needs to be really good and really does take skill. Games have failed because the studio didnt manage to make good maps in the past :/

I think this game is going to fail, unless all TM fans insta-buy this :P

Laegluin
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't think so to be honest, I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a real big E-sports title. It can definitely compete with cs when it comes to that.

Edit: And don't forget there're going to be more gamemodes, which will probably be less serious than this one.

naithantu
05-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I actually really like this gamemode. Playing sort of competitive is actually quite fun (not in a really serious way, but just on a server where everyone actually tries to win :P).

And it might become an E-sports title, but just e-sports isn't going to be enough sales I think :3

Laegluin
05-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't know exactly how that works, but they should earn money just because they created the game and have the copyright :P