PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the StarCraft Community!

BlueHat
03-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome one and all to the SLAP - StarCraft Community Form!

SLAPGaming, previously only a Minecraft server and clan, is now expanding into some other games and platforms. With the aim to bring more games and a wider community for fun and entertainment, it is my great pleasure to be offered the Community Leader (CL) position of the StarCraft community.

The StarCraft community will be aimed at providing a base for people to meet new people, find practice partners and over all have fun and grow as a community and clan. As this expansion into StarCraft is very new it will take a bit of time to find our feet and to gather together enough people and resources to make this community great. But I am sure with your support and enthusiasm we can make it happen, just like with our Minecraft server and community.

We welcome all new members to the community and encourage you to bring your friends. We have a lovely Ventrilo server (http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?2929-**New**-Ventrilo-Server) which everyone is welcome to use, it's free form harassment with administrators around at all times, which we encourage the use of at any time for pretty much anything.

Further Information and Details:

While our teams playing together are currently restricted by region, Blizzard will soon be introducing cross region play come Heart of the Swarm. This means we'll be able to combine forces with friends from across the globe to enjoy running into Baneling mines, having 5000 minerals at 5 minutes, and most importantly a laugh over vent!

Once cross-region is opened and introduced, you can all expect some mini-tournaments, a pool of practice partners and the official SLAP Gaming Clan and Group created for us all to join together in some awesome play.

With the new SLAP community system, I'll be introducing a number of new threads over the coming weeks with some important information and cool new ideas and systems. I hope to bring the community a place where we can all share ideas, tactics etc. But also a place where we can help introduce our friends to new people and maybe a new game.

Looking forward, I hope to bring in topic areas for Mentors / Teachers, as well as a place to post fail games, or massive win matches! I also hope to bring a number of tournaments onto the scene to allow us to compete for glory and honor (and maybe a few prizes if we are all lucky)!

If you have any questions or suggestions, make a topic or alternatively send me a private message.

Lets get this off to an awesome start :)

- BlueHat
StarCraft Community Leader

Charlotina
03-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Widow Mines is where it is at in HotS. :p

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I'll still face roll Terran any day of the week, widow mines or not!

Jackster21
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Widow Mines is where it is at in HotS. :p

I'll still face roll Terran any day of the week, widow mines or not!

What are Window Mines? O_O

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 05:27 PM

Learn the StarCrafts Meister Jack.

Edit: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Widow+Mines+Sc2

Telluur
04-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Learn the StarCrafts Meister Jack.

Edit: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Widow+Mines+Sc2

JACK, where the hell is my +1 button?!

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 07:34 PM

;) Rep system is turned off on this board me thinks :P

Telluur
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I know it's not there :D

Too lazy to look into that myself, plus. I need to keep jack busy, and i've been harassing him for while now :D

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 08:03 PM
I know it's not there :D

Too lazy to look into that myself, plus. I need to keep jack busy, and i've been harassing him for while now :D

Maybe you should drop for more harassment?

EPIC PUN MODE ACTIVATED.

Charlotina
04-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Maybe you should drop for more harassment?

EPIC PUN MODE ACTIVATED.

EPIC BANELING-DROP HARRASMENT

Charlotina
04-02-2013, 08:08 PM

And poor Jack.. You have ALOT to learn when HotS comes out! haha
Should watch more Husky or HDStarcraft! ;P

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 08:17 PM
EPIC BANELING-DROP HARRASMENT

Destiny's ELITE INFESTOR HIT SQUAD!

Charlotina
04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Destiny's ELITE INFESTOR HIT SQUAD!

Too bad he went to LoL :( I loved him as in SC2 player.. haha.. But we still have CatZ and IdrA, haha :D

Jackster21
04-02-2013, 08:39 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_IiGQS8gKAnbM6Vq8XfVTsCFyYEtgL VuNg8q2t4gG4VM1845aOA

Telluur
04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
See, this is exactly the kind of shit we need a +1 button for.

So instead of spending hours on reddit, DO SOMETHING USEFUL.

<3 you!

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
See, this is exactly the kind of shit we need a +1 button for.

So instead of spending hours on reddit, DO SOMETHING USEFUL.

<3 you!

Aren't you a forum admin? You could do dis! :P

Jackster21
04-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Aren't you a forum admin? You could do dis! :P

+1 :D :D

BlueHat
04-02-2013, 11:04 PM
When rep is turned on. I expect auto 200.

Ryuuga
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
rep button? I want a cookie button gimme cookies :P too bad I'm strapped for cash atm otherwise I would join you guys in SC2 :(

BlueHat
05-02-2013, 03:01 PM
rep button? I want a cookie button gimme cookies :P too bad I'm strapped for cash atm otherwise I would join you guys in SC2 :(

It's cool, we wait patiently. If it helps, Sc2 Wings of Liberty will probably go on sale on the blizz store just after HOTS

Charlotina
05-02-2013, 04:26 PM
But the moment HotS comes out you guys switch to HotS, won't ya?

BlueHat
05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
But the moment HotS comes out you guys switch to HotS, won't ya?

Yes our focus will be heart of the swarm, but just because for example I'm not playing HotS doesn't mean WoL people aren't allowed to join the community. I understand it's kinda expensive but then again it's a similar thing to a new COD game coming out. Most people will move to it, some will stay behind for various reasons.

Just because the majority move to HotS, doesn't mean we'll shun WoL players :P

Charlotina
05-02-2013, 06:43 PM
I see, guess HotS will be 'in' for a few weeks, and then suddenly every one finds out that Terran is OP. Lol :D

BlueHat
05-02-2013, 08:07 PM
I see, guess HotS will be 'in' for a few weeks, and then suddenly every one finds out that Terran is OP. Lol :D

I never have much trouble vs terran if I'm honest...

Someb0dy
11-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Do you think you could organize some training sessions? for the "noobs" in ladder play? :)

Charlotina
12-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Do you think you could organize some training sessions? for the "noobs" in ladder play? :)

Oh! Nice idea!

BlueHat
12-02-2013, 08:14 PM

I MOST TOTALLY CAN!

Details to follow, flood me with ideas! :P

Charlotina
12-02-2013, 08:16 PM
I MOST TOTALLY CAN!

Details to follow, flood me with ideas! :P

I'll throw some water at you when I next visit GB. That's ok too?

BlueHat
12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I'll throw some water at you when I next visit GB. That's ok too?

;) what ever floats your boat. OHHHH WATER PUNS!