PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (In Progress): Shop Pricing(fireworks)

nirosu
26-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Dear Server staff.

I'd like to give out a suggestion due to the growth and progress of updates and our server.

First of all, I'd like to stress the issue of the shop prices at spawn.

As you should all know, it's always prefered to trade items with people from the server, and use spawn shop as a last resort, but anyhow, some items are not that easy to be found, and also not that used.

For example, the lilypad, priced 5$, can be found in swamps, which are relatively rare.

However, I'd like to stress my issue about an item which is not rarer, but harder to harvest, and does not have much use, yes, indeed, the gunpowder, essence of the creeper, priced as much as 5$, and as I recall, it's main use is for two things, TNT, which is unlikely the case, and FireWorks.

Fireworks prices are perhaps unofficial, but let me give you the results of my little test:

The price of a stack of cheap fireworks using spawn shop, type: firework, small ball, geen colored, duration 1. Price per stack: 832$.
I'm sure many of the players agree that this lame excuse that calls himself a firework is quite overpriced, is that an attractive price? is it fair to give such joy of a few colors for a few moments such a high price?

The price of a stack of dazzaling lovely awesome fireworks using spawn shop, type: firework, big ball, twinkle, colored: light blue, magenta, orange, fade to:blue,purple,red duration 2. Price per stack:Over 6,400$.

Now now, sure it's not like we have to use such dazzaling fireworks with cool effects, but I'm sure you'd agree that such price is unreasonable, not to speak about creeper shaped fireworks, but gunpowder prices seem to be most of the problem, per stack 320$, per firework it's 10$, due to the use of gunpowder as fuel for the firework, and trust me, duration 1 is certainly neither fun nor pretty, so in conclusion, just for the firework rocket, of duration 2, you have to pay 17.5$, per stack that is 1,120 , BUT WAIT, that is without the effects!

I suggest lowering the spawn shop prices, especialy in the firework section, gunpowder has no use other than fireworks, shouldn't it be like, 1$ per gunpowder? let's look again at the price of the stack with the lowered price: 352$ now, it's not the best price yet, but it's sure way better, I also would reccomand to lower the paper prices, because sugar canes cost 0.40 in the spawn, and basicly, 3 sugar canes are 3 papers, therefore, with that discount, let's recalculate the price: 217.60$ now that's a real price.

Other than that I would reccomand to lower blocks that are now obtainable such as: Ice and cobweb.
Moreover, emerald prices should be lowered, as they're priced in trade as 3 emeralds per diamond.
Also the prices of circle stone should be lowered and also the price of snow block, which is quite overpriced.

Sincerely,
Nirosu, Master Builder in training, Author in training.

naithantu
26-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Changed fonts & colors to make it readable. I'll read it now :p

Edit: Please make a separate thread for each suggestion. I'll move them into their own topics now.
If you make several in one thread some suggestions might be lost when we mark it as complete.

Edit 2:
The shop prices are really difficult for us to choose, we never play minecraft the normal way so we have no idea how valuable some items are. If someone suggests changes to the buy/sell prices we usually make these changes.
To sum your post up, prices to be lowered:
Gunpowder 5$ -> 1$
Change paper price (paper price should be the same as sugar cane price)
(firework materials)
Ice
Cobweb
Emerald
Circle stone
Snow block

Edit 3:
Gunpowder lowered to 1$. (sell price lowered from 0.50 to 0.25 as well)
Paper price lowered to 0.40 (same a sugar cane now)
Chiseled stone brick (circle) lowered to 12.50 to be the same price as cracked/mossy brick (still expensive, but you can't get it the normal way so it should be special)

I'll look into the other items later.

nirosu
26-02-2013, 08:22 PM
that sounds nice, but due to the lowering of the gunpowder, shouldn't fire charges be lowered as well? after all, it is also a part of the ingridients used for fireworks, I see no other use for it, since it can't realy burn soemthing.

Ryuuga
27-02-2013, 08:01 AM
that sounds nice, but due to the lowering of the gunpowder, shouldn't fire charges be lowered as well? after all, it is also a part of the ingridients used for fireworks, I see no other use for it, since it can't realy burn soemthing.
fire charges are a sensitive case since they're only allowed for use in fireworks and are banned for any other reason so I moderate/high price should prevent people buying giant stacks of them and still trying to use them in alternative ways which will flood the staff with warning messages. Although I understand you wanting the price to be lowered for their use in fireworks.

nirosu
27-02-2013, 12:23 PM
perhaps the firework shop section could be used for firework stars(the balls before rocket) with the fire charge or creeper head, allowing cheap creations, of course the colors must be included at start, if this will be presented, but then there will be the option to add fade.

Either way it would be easier to lower fire charges price, maybe using some sort of modification or a plugin that will block the entery of fire charges and lava buckets into dispensers(and droppers in the following update) could solve such problem, but when I mean lowering I don't mean going and putting them at the price of 5$ each, maybe 15 or 13 could be enough, trust me, even at 10 it will be enough, not many people try those things nowdays, firecharges from dispenser are outdated.