PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Custom item enchantments

naithantu
26-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Original post made by Nirosu

Custom Item Enchantment, I almost forgot, the suggestion would be to give VIPs the right to ask for a custom item enchant in exchange for the book, that won't be much usefull anyways, maybe a flame I item, but it would still be cool, such as an Emerald with Smite IV, used as a holy artifact that is effective against undead :P

Cats_say_moo
26-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Indeed That would be useful but wouldnt that ruin the survival aspect of the server? By trading in like a diamond for a Fire Enchantment?
Im sure i can say that for most people they would be able to get 64+ enchanted books that way.

Summary:
More Expensive?

naithantu
26-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Cats, I think the idea is that you can use enchanted books you already have (and got the normal way) to enchant items you would otherwise not be able to enchant.

Don't like this idea, these items could easily be used to ambush people in pvp (walk in with a stick, which turns out to have sharpness, flame and knockback). Besides "it would be funny" there's really no reason to add this.

TheKrafter1923
26-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Pardon my french, that would be fucking amazing, I've always wanted to have an enchanted potato.

flrnprdmn
26-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I have to agree with naith,

although it's made me think of one of SLAPs TF2 games...
I'd LOVE to have an enchanted fish and slay you with it! :D

nirosu
26-02-2013, 08:26 PM
the whole thing is to have enchanted items is that it's awesome, and u can pretty much tell if u see an enchanted stick, and besides, if you already have a sharpness IV stick, then u definetly have a sword that strong, maybe it could be limited to some enchantments, such as up to III, or soemthing, things such as respiration won't work, but it's still cool to have them.

naithantu
26-02-2013, 08:57 PM
I know you can see it when something is enchanted, but if I saw a glowing stick in pvp I wouldn't expect it to be as powerful as an enchanted diamond sword with sharpness etc.
The potential problems this can cause are more important than the reason that it would be fun.

nirosu
26-02-2013, 09:06 PM
true, therefore implying restrictions such as up to III or II could be a solution.

most enchantments don't realy work, it's just cool to have some sort of skin with enchanted matching item, such as, priest skin with a stick with Smite, works well against zombies.

Personaly I think it could be cool to use it to make glowy diamonds and emeralds as gifts. a glowing dragon egg isn't something possibly that bad, that's why there must be some sort of limits or restrictions.

Ryuuga
27-02-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm personally against this because although items like sticks are far less powerfull than their enchanted sword equivalent a stick, unlike a sword, cannot break. This basically breaks a part of the survival aspect of pvp since you don't have to worry about breaking your weapon anymore. Beside that the ˙ou can see it"part of an enchantment is pretty hard to do in time for you to run away, type /leave and geting away safely in time since compared to a sword a stick is relatively small and hard to see.

nirosu
27-02-2013, 12:17 PM
I understand that, but I intended to limit it to certain enchantments, such as bane of arthophos(or w/e) or smite, something that would not do much effect on players, and it wasn't meant for pvp, it was ment for either making things shiny with cool enchantments as gifts or personal belonging, or as a more fittable weapon against mobs, which will be limited for VIP only (and staff, as I know off they already have such things), such as using a torch against undead, or to "burn" spiders(bane of w/eos).

It's for coolness, not pvp.

naithantu
27-02-2013, 04:40 PM
The idea of applying real enchantments to items has been denied. It can cause problems and due to not having durability would be strong against mobs as well.

It might be possible (not sure) to make an item glow without it actually having a working enchantment on it, if it's just for glowing coolness I could look into that.

Edit:
Adding an enchantment glow to not enchanted items isn't impossible, but it can't be done with normal bukkit things. The downsides it has really aren't worth it just for coolness.

SparkleUnidog
28-02-2013, 03:56 AM
I'm not really sure on this.

I know I have an enchanted bone, but I don't show it off much now, and due to people "misusing it" like in PVP when they shouldn't have been using it at all, makes me believe that this could happen again.

Not to meantion the amount of new/idiot Builders or idiot members all calling on hax and cheats... it'll be annoying to explain this all the time. We have enough trouble with this explaining VIP perks.

EDIT: I just noticed you said it's been denied Naith, but I was just putting my 2 cents in there :3