PDA

View Full Version : Bug (Solved): Grieffer Mobs

nirosu
06-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Dear staff,

Lately, with the release of item frames, we expirienced many difficulties, however, other than player grieff difficulties, we still have a few bugs.

Skelleton and creepers can destroy item frames, back then, the same bug was with paintings.

We must find some solution for mob grieff, they can still hurt the buildings.

Also, there's the new command of /gamerule mobGrieffing false, this will forbid creepers, ghasts and endermen from changing the blocks, but also forbidd the looting of mobs, such as zombies can't pick up stuff.

I'm not sure if that command does stop the grieff of paintings and item frames from creepers and such, but this should be somehow solved.

Sinecerely,
Someone who had a bathroom, but after the item frames went down, it became a water source, and stairs.

Nirosu.

GreenTitanLP
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
A mob who has picked something up will no longer despawn. Not sure if that's good or bad. Some people like to keep Zombies as pets and dress them with armour. If "/gamerule mobGrieffing false" was used certain people would lose their pets, or would it be just new mobs could pick things up.

nirosu
07-03-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure if that gamerule does solve the problem anyways! that's the thing. mobs stil grieff >.< and not items,, but they blow up item frames.

GreenTitanLP
07-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Do remember
"This is a Survival Server, Survive harder!"

naithantu
07-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll add something to SlapHomebrew to fix this, what items does this need to be done for?
Just item frames and paintings?

Ryuuga
08-03-2013, 12:05 PM
while we're on the topic you can also knock item frames down with snowballs (confirmed this myself a while ago) and arrows (not sure of this) I believe. Is this related/caused by the same bug?

naithantu
08-03-2013, 03:43 PM
You can not knock them down with snowballs or arrows, you can because you're a mod, but if you don't have permission in an area you can not use snowballs / arrows to destroy item frames or paintings.

Fixed creepers/skeletons destroying paintings/ item frames

flrnprdmn
08-03-2013, 07:15 PM
How is that with /lightning?

I noticed that myself; when I stroke somebody it destroyed my item frames.

Telluur
08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
@flrn, easy fix, don't use lightning.
You can always slay someone or remove enitities with worldedit commands.

flrnprdmn
08-03-2013, 07:25 PM
That was not what I wanted to hear :p

Look, I'm not the only one who uses /lightning, and if that happens accidentally, it's a bit bad, isn't it?
If there's someone like me who has hundreds of item frames at one place, and then they get destroyed, you would be annoyed to redo all of them. And then, that happens again, and again...
I'm just wondering if there's a fix like 'disallowing' the lightning command to destroy item frames - apart from not using it.

naithantu
08-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Still, don't use lightning. Lightning is used to kill players and remove entities, there are other commands to do that. Lightning is annoying for players online and is also significantly less efficient.
There's no way to stop lightning from destroying item frames, just don't use it.