PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): About the wither...

zapados3
10-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now so i'm going to say it now. Is it possible to let slap gamers on MC to spawn the wither in the end considering there's nothing truly important there. However, u can not spawn it there and just leave it there, u must kill it or else you will be idk tempbanned or sometin. anyways i think being able to spawn the wither boss in the end would be a great idea, but it would involve some rules.

lordgandalf
11-03-2013, 09:34 AM
you know the wither isnt something you can kill that easy.
the only thing im woring about is that it will wreck the end alot.
The only block the wither cant breack is bedrock.
What i would suggest is that one of the creative mode dudes make us a wither arena.
Out of bedrock where you can get with a tppad and where you can battle a wither.

MohDaol
11-03-2013, 10:09 AM
You forgot that the server has mobgriefing off so it wouldn't be able to cause any damage to the end :3

SparkleUnidog
11-03-2013, 10:19 AM
No Mohdaol, the reason we don't allow the spawning of withers is because there ISN'T a grief defence from it. If one was to spawn, then everything around it will be destoyed.

Or at least, that's what an Admin told me when I last asked about it - they may have found something to protect against it, but I think this would be something done in the PVP world arena or something - I dunno.

naithantu
11-03-2013, 11:56 AM
No Mohdaol, the reason we don't allow the spawning of withers is because there ISN'T a grief defence from it. If one was to spawn, then everything around it will be destoyed.

Or at least, that's what an Admin told me when I last asked about it - they may have found something to protect against it, but I think this would be something done in the PVP world arena or something - I dunno.

Withers don't damage the ground, they are currently disabled because players could make one behind a player that is building, let the wither kill him, steal their inventory and tp away. We don't want withers flying around cities :p
Don't really like the idea of enabling it in the end, that's not where withers belong. I'll have a better look at this when I get home

lordgandalf
11-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Oh okee didnt know that was possible to disable wither damage.
I would suggest a wither arena where people can battle it ?

Cats_say_moo
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Oh okee didnt know that was possible to disable wither damage.
I would suggest a wither arena where people can battle it ?

A arena just for a wither, Doesnt seem that reasonable.

Probly withers wont be added for a while concidering would you really like to see Beacons everywhere in the world, on plots, In the wild, Better to keep it the way it is to buy it from the shop and keep it more of a overall goal in the server. (My opinion)

If it was in the end there is nothing from it spawn camping you, Also i dont think it would be possible for a mob to be spawnable in the end but not in the normal world.

naithantu
11-03-2013, 04:42 PM
A arena just for a wither, Doesnt seem that reasonable.

Probly withers wont be added for a while concidering would you really like to see Beacons everywhere in the world, on plots, In the wild, Better to keep it the way it is to buy it from the shop and keep it more of a overall goal in the server. (My opinion)

If it was in the end there is nothing from it spawn camping you, Also i dont think it would be possible for a mob to be spawnable in the end but not in the normal world.

You need to kill the wither to make a beacon? o_O You learn something new every day. lol

Also i dont think it would be possible for a mob to be spawnable in the end but not in the normal world.
What is it with people and saying that stuff isn't possible when it definitely is :P

I guess we could make an arena where you can spawn the wither (either in the nether or in the normal world), this would be the only place where you can build a wither, and he can't escape. This ensures that people need to properly fight it, instead of using a machine to kill it easily.

I'm not sure how many beacons there would really be with this, you really need enchanted diamond gear to kill the wither (even teaming up with iron gear won't help - you get killed waaay too quickly). I'm not sure how difficult it is to get the wither skeleton heads though... how long would it take you to get 3 of those?

Cats_say_moo
11-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Takes Like 30min to get Wither skeleton heads xD

Also with that thou it would be the same thing with Enderdragons and their drops? (People complaining that they killed it, or vis versa A guy just walks in and finds one)

Add a way for the player that kills the Enderdragon/Wither (Last hit) Gets the items in there invent automaticly? to prevent people from stealing if of course.

nirosu
11-03-2013, 08:27 PM
I believe withers should be fought in some-kind of arena, the nether star is just too expensive, and the challenge can be fun, I tried wither killing, it seems that without nice sword, super golden apple, and a bow you can't defeat it without sweating.

it's a tough battle and it can be fun, however I do recommand increasing it's exp dropped if it were to be added, it drops like, 7 lvls and it is a bit stronger than a dragon. a bit.

lordgandalf
11-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Hmmz some things.
The wither skellies live in the nether right ?
I think it would be fitting to make a arena there.
And i would suggest a closed off box with a tp pad in a seperate room so it isnt destroyed by the wither explosions

zapados3
11-03-2013, 10:26 PM
i have 2 skulls already both i got in very lucky places. the first one came literally from the first wither skelly i killed the 2nd came from one that i killed while on fire.
didn't take that long to get em.

TIP: Looting on a sword increases the chance of a skull being dropped.

Also, in that arena, i believe that commands should not be allowed to be used there so that you can't escape using /home or something like that. Another idea!

Builders-Can only get 1 beacon
Members-Can only get 2 beacons
Slap- Can only get 4 beacons
VIP's- Can only get 6 beacons
Mods- Get only 8 beacons (T-Mods get 7)
Admins - Get only 9 beacons
Herr Admin- Get only 9 beacons
Senior Admin - Get only 9 beacons
Owner- However many he wants :P

this beacons per rank idea can limit the amount of beacons a player can use. Plus think about it, would a vip really have the time to set up 6 beacons? would mods and admins really have time to set up 9 beacons in locations of their choosing? i think not. plus the higher the rank, the less chance of the beacons being used for greifing;).

also, the wither can be deafeated with iron gear (non-enchanted). U just need a power bow IV, Potions, and a Golden Apple 2.0 (Butter Apple 2.0).

TheKrafter1923
11-03-2013, 10:56 PM
I have a suggestion upon the suggestion!

Would it be possible to make a server side event where you'd be able to type some thing like /warpwither and you'd get into a wither combat arena thinge?

lordgandalf
12-03-2013, 12:09 AM
about the limit per rank nice but i dont think its fair to do it like that.
What i would do is say to people use the beacon in a nice way or it gets removed.
I have some beacons but thats because it fits the areas where they are at.
SO i dont see a need to limit stuff

SparkleUnidog
12-03-2013, 07:06 AM
I like Krafter's idea - a PVP like game where you battle the Wither, and the winner goes to whoever stays alive and kills it :3 With litmited and certain items :D

GreenTitanLP
12-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Let me suggest the number of beacons allowed directly corresponds to number of plots allowed, but no limit on beacons per plot. Beacons take a lot of iron/emerald/diamond to use, so even if you have enough wither skulls, you're going to need a lot of time/money to gather the ores. Putting it as a fixed number is a bad idea due to people stepping down, ect.

naithantu
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM
And i would suggest a closed off box with a tp pad in a seperate room so it isnt destroyed by the wither explosions
The wither explosions won't damage anything.

Also, we won't limit the amount of beacons a player can have. I don't see the need of such a plugin and blocking it per rank is unfair, VIPs can get extra not vanilla minecraft features, but we're not going to block these features for normal players to only give them to VIPs.

An arena will be made (either in the normal world, or in the nether) where withers can be created and fought.

Jackster21
12-03-2013, 08:38 PM
An arena will be made (either in the normal world, or in the nether) where withers can be created and fought.

So,

I've created an arena.
I just need everyone to approve of it then we can move forward!

TheKrafter1923
12-03-2013, 10:13 PM
So,

I've created an arena.
I just need everyone to approve of it then we can move forward!
Wait does that mean you guys both think that what I had said had meaning? :3

nirosu
13-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Although the wither can be really deadly, it is possible to slay it solo, and some might wait to go and grasp the treasure without fighting, there should be some sort of limit to members fighting at the same time, like 3-4 people, I know that with diamond armour, super golden apple anda power V bow I can take the wither on, but it would be quite annoying if someone comes and take my items if I make a mistake, also, I'm not sure if the drops are safe, explosions can destroy items dropped.

The arena shouldn't be in a pvp zone, I think it's also quite troublesome, for the same reason the end is pvp disabled.

zapados3
13-03-2013, 09:07 PM
i like ur idea of the arena being a non-pvp zone for the exact reason u said. maybe, there could be a rule or something that allows someone to "start" a group to fight withers or something like that.

For ex. /Create Group Wither (2)

This would create a group of players that could fight the wither either solo or with others. the 2 says how many are allowed in the group. however, not anyone can just join your group. U would have to invite them and let them accept.

For ex. /Add Number13teen Wither Group

this would add Number13teen to the group that i created. Also, since the withers explosions do actually delete items (i think) there should be an ender chest with a warning sign sayng "Store your valuable for whatever is blown up by the wither will not be refunded". but the main thing is no pvp in this arena just like in the end so that u don't have to kill the wither and someone just comes in and kills you.

Basically, no pvp in this arena would be a nice add-on.

Ryuuga
14-03-2013, 08:29 AM
i like ur idea of the arena being a non-pvp zone for the exact reason u said. maybe, there could be a rule or something that allows someone to "start" a group to fight withers or something like that.

For ex. /Create Group Wither (2)

This would create a group of players that could fight the wither either solo or with others. the 2 says how many are allowed in the group. however, not anyone can just join your group. U would have to invite them and let them accept.

For ex. /Add Number13teen Wither Group

this would add Number13teen to the group that i created. Also, since the withers explosions do actually delete items (i think) there should be an ender chest with a warning sign sayng "Store your valuable for whatever is blown up by the wither will not be refunded". but the main thing is no pvp in this arena just like in the end so that u don't have to kill the wither and someone just comes in and kills you.

Basically, no pvp in this arena would be a nice add-on.

I'm stupid since I don't get it but isn't the wither basically the same as the ender dragon just a boss monster? now I know things always turn out fair in those cases but the truth is we're still a survival sever. Concerning the group thing are you sure you want to make groups? because if the groups stay afterwards you might have some unwanted visitores when you try to fight the wither alone later on. or if the disappear afterwards you'll have to add everyone of your group everytime you want to fight the wither that sounds like way too much work to me. And even if you play in a group can't one of them still "steal" most of the loot? I mean I could join a group hide in a corner and wait until half the groupis killed and then walk under the wither at the moment it dies to get the nether star. That doesn't sound real fair now does it? and since it's a no pvp zone the other guys can't even kill me :S

SparkleUnidog
14-03-2013, 12:22 PM
What I think he means is you go to the arena, by yourself, and you can then fight it alone. If you want someone to join you there and then, you "add" them to the group to fight. But they don't just stay in the group forever - you'd have to "re-invite" them to the group ever time you go to the arena. Also, it's like PVP - your trusting that player to help you, but uf they stay in the corner the whole time then it's ya own fault for inviting them, ne?

crazyredhead27
14-03-2013, 03:41 PM
i like cats say moos idea how who kills the mob gets the drops cause its not fair when some one walks up and takes your ender dragon egg and all the ep (happend to me alot of times MAKES ME CRAZYER THEN I ALREDY AM)

veryunderstated
14-03-2013, 09:12 PM
It's a shame you can't make the wither arena an instance like some MMOs do to keep uninvited people from joining.

nirosu
15-03-2013, 10:07 AM
perhaps a limit to number of people in a group. I don't like the idea of the killer takes all, because it is unfair if the killer was hiding most of the time, maybe there should be perhaps: same reward for each person (nether star for each), if a player inside doesn't hit the wither he won't get that reward, perhaps doing a special command that splits rewards and exp could be usefull, maybe not rewards but exp at least, something like /party [create/invite/leader] the creator is the leader, invite is to invite a player, only up to 3 players, and only leader can invite, and the leader command is used to change the leadership, in the create command you can give a name for the party, like: "/party create Lionheart' "/party invite Xemple" and then "You have been invited to [Lionheart] party by XempleLeader, write /ptaccept to accept or /ptdeny"
The group idea can be also used for joint mob hunt, to share exp or loot, also for mining, and such, maybe also adding something like /party [share/kick], kick will of course, kick, share will share the item with the group.

this could be an awesome idea, however, there must be a limit to players inside the arena, and mutual trust is needed, like against the enderdragon.

I'd recommand enlarging the amount of exp from the wither, because it gives only 8 lvls, it's not much in comparison to the effort wasted, both enderdragon and wither can be killed solo.

zapados3
16-03-2013, 04:28 AM
the probem with that crazy is that it isn't always fair for the person who kills the mob to recieve the rewards. the wither could be brought down to 1 HP and then someone lands the killing blow so only the last hit gets the rewards and not the others who did most of the work?

and ya like sparkle said every time your going to do another wither fight, they would have to be re-invited. also, they could be invited to 2 things. they could be invited to spectate, or to fight. right there is another idea.:cool:.

another idea: you could sort of "Hire" people That You Trust to kill the wither, then pay them to get the star.

For ex. You could Hire 2 people to kill the wither and both would have to get like idk a big reward such as $2,000 or 3 diamond blox or sometin like that.

However, if you hire them and you do not pay them, they have the right to take the star. Also, if u hire someone you don't trust and they decide to keep the star for themselves, they can. Here's how i think it should be to avoid that:

Make them sign a contract (Book and Quill) The contract will state that:

"Those hired to kill the wither boss MUST be rewarded for their efforts in fighting the wither.If they are not rewarded, they then have the right to keep the star. The rewards must be given within 4 days after the wither's death or else the star goes to the hired killer. if the hired killer is rewarded and keeps the star, mods will take it from him/her and give a warning/punishment for not obeying the contract." i think this would be fair.

however, the ones being hired must also agree on their payment before the contratc is signed. these are ideas.

Wackmo
26-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm glad we'll have an opportunity to fight the wither on the server. YAY! Anyways, will the wither battle be more of a minigame like cakedefense, or similar to a boss battle like in the end? I like Sparkle's idea, but I think that people should be able to use their own gear etc to fight the wither so it is a battle that requires preparation as well as skill. There's a lot of loopholes in that (ex looting dead people's gear) but I would prefer if builders couldn't just join the server for the first time, join a minigame, and walk away a bit later with a nether star. As well, the whole thing about getting the last hit could be slightly problematic as well, seeing as the victory may not all be due to one person.
I propose that maybe there should be a wither challenge, kind of like Jack's pyramid thing only slightly less difficult, where mods could let groups or individuals fight the wither. Of course, this would have to be limited so nether stars don't get too commonplace etc, but its just an idea. Anyways, I'm glad we can fight the wither either way. Thanks for the work and good luck with the arena :)
Wack

naithantu
30-03-2013, 08:11 PM
After reading all the suggestions made by other players I've decided to make a rather simple system. The player that creates the wither will get the reward when the wither is killed (if the player is dead or offline when the wither is killed the star will be dropped normally). This will prevent others from stealing the nether star (either by last hitting or by simply running in after the wither is killed).
This should prevent all the problems, if there's still problems with the wither with this system then I'll look at making a more advanced one (create a party etc.).

zapados3
28-04-2013, 02:10 PM
naith that's an amazing idea about whoever creates the wither gets the star. but what happens if some 1 is creating the wither, they randomly die to something, someone swoops in, gets the materials to build the wither, and then get the star that was supposed to be someone else's?

ex.I'm making a wither, randomly die. some 1 finds my deathspot and steals the blox used for building wither. they make wither and kill it. they took the star that was supposed to be mine.

naithantu
28-04-2013, 07:34 PM
"randomly die" = you failed and the wither killed you. If you die, then you can lose items. Survive harder!

Also, this is still being worked on. The plugin part is done (and has been done for weeks), but worldguard is a bitch and I still haven't figured out why it won't let the wither spawn >_>

naithantu
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Great news! Lobster figured out why the wither wouldn't spawn (it took him 1 second. I wasted so much time looking at the wrong plugin ._.').

This means... the wither arena is done!
There is a tp pad to the arena located under the nether portal at spawn.

You can build the wither on the 3 lamps in the middle of the arena, the player that built it (placed the middle skeleton skull) will receive the nether star when the wither is killed.
If the player that built it is dead or offline when the wither is killed, the star will just drop on the floor.

veryunderstated
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
If you created the wither you have to be present in the arena when the wither dies for the star to be put in your inventory, right?