PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Turning Melting of Ice Off

Cats_say_moo
11-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I bring this point up concidering It wouldnt ruin the survival aspect, Would give some advances building with ice. It would help MAJORLY

I know there are plugins out there that fixes this, Its just that it would probly be concidered a "waste of a plugin", Yet i think bukkit comes with a option to turn it off allready, or be added to the SlapHomeBrew

Asked some of the Famed builders on the server and they said it would help alot.

So hopefully this will be taken into concideration!

nirosu
11-03-2013, 02:39 PM
there should be a gamerule for that :P or a wg option probably, although it makes things a bit less realistic, it will fit in a world that snow doesn't melt either, as in blocks that is.

also this fact might allow grieff, if someone makes a igloo on his plot, and a neighbor suddenly makes a glowstone house next to it.... well, house is grieffed.

naithantu
11-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Hm... two problems here:
1. This might cause problems for some players who actually do want ice to melt.
2. This might cause lag, to prevent ice from melting all you can do is cancel the changing of ice to water, although this doesn't obviously doesn't take very long, having to do this for thousands of blocks a second it might actually have a small impact on the servers performance.

I suggest that I add something to block ice melting per worldguard region, this way you can build an ice castle if you want to, ice will still normally melt when we want it to and due to the small area we're blocking it in it won't impact the servers performance.
If you think this is a good idea I'll add it :)

Cats_say_moo
11-03-2013, 05:13 PM
That seems allright yet question would be will the peron the the world guard be able to melt ice yet people not on the wg are not able to?

Maybe find a way to make a WorldGuard non Melty icy opon request of VIP+

(Make the command for it avaliable for Admins/Mods?)

Also if they want the ice melted cant they just use a bucket of water insted?

SparkleUnidog
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't think it will cause lag Naith, as the whole area for the Christmas event has no melt ice on the WG and still does. :3

lordgandalf
11-03-2013, 09:53 PM
There are more areas with snow and ice melt off so

naithantu
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Accepted ^^.
VIPs can ask admins in-game to flag a worldguard so ice/snow won't melt.

TheKrafter1923
12-03-2013, 10:26 PM
VIP ftw!

Jackster21
12-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Topic Locked.