PDA

View Full Version : Bug (Solved): Sign/expbank glitch

SparkleUnidog
13-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I dunno if there can be a fix for this, but...

We all know there is a sign glitch, where placing a sign on a block makes the sign think it belongs to the last player who placed a sign/WG there last, and therefore locks the player who just placed it. This isn't normally a problem, as a Mod/Admin can just remove it.

But the same thing happens to Expbanks, and they lock too. Problem is, the player still loses their money. I know $300 isn't really a lot, but i had a time where the sign locked itself 4 times, with about over a grand of dollars lost to me. Not to meantion lot's of other players seem to voice their annoyence at losing money in such a way, too.

I know we can refund the players, but I have to out of my own money (which I don't mind really, I have enough right now) but sometimes it happens to players when no Mod is on, and therefore they lose out on their money they rightfully payed an Expbank for.

Is there maybe any way that this bug can get checked out? Or a way for Expbanks to only take the money ONCE the exp is put in on the first use? That way, if it locks itself, the player doesn't lose the money, yet the moment they use it they pay, which is sort of the same thing as paying for it to be made.

I dunno, I'm just throwing this out there, as this glitch is happening way to much for my liking.

Ryuuga
14-03-2013, 08:19 AM
hmm I understand your annoyance but I think it's pretty hard to make the exp bank only ask for payment on the first use. besides how would you know the sign is your then or not once you try using it i.e. will you lose $300 if you try using someone else's exp bank for the first time?
The general problem causing this is that when a plot is wiped the signs do not get removed manually but the blocks supporting them get destroyed by WE causing the sign/door (and psossibly even chests) to get destroyed without their /lwc protection being undone. because of this the if the next player places a sign/door at bthat same place /lwc probably thinks it's the old sign and protects it for the previous owner. In other words a possible cause of this is admins not removing doors/sign/chest/workbench/furnace from a plot before resetting it with /lwc. now I understand this is an annoyance to do but the only other solution to this would be to make so that admins somehow remove all /lwc protections inside a specific selection.

at least that's what I think

naithantu
14-03-2013, 10:00 AM
You can't clear all protections in a region, that's why lwc is an awful plugin.. Unfortunately players want to lock all their doors for some reason, so we need lwc

lordgandalf
14-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Isnt there a protection plugin which is nicer to removal of the protected items ?
And yeah we like protecting doors iron door opening with hands ftw xD

SparkleUnidog
14-03-2013, 12:08 PM
what I mean Ryu is that you make the Expbank, like normal, it has your name on it and "0" exp on it... but the moment you put exp into it it take the money juts the once and that's it - save on losing money if it gluitches. Besides, you can't use anyone elses exp bank anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem. But then again, since it is a third party plugin, I dought this can be done.

And I can understand that Naith, so of cause if it's a bug/glitch that nothing can be done about then we'd just have to warn players about the risk, sadly. But this was just something I thought I'd bring up :U

naithantu
14-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Can't you just get staff to /unlock the signs?

SparkleUnidog
14-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Can't you just get staff to /unlock the signs?

Yes, we can unlock them... though when the sign is created by a player but locks to the player last on the WG and the sign goes blank. Even if it gets unlocked, an expbank stays blank and can't be used as said expbank, but it still takes the money away since it was created as one in the first place.

naithantu
14-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Ah, didn't know the sign goes blank. :/

Designtrice/me made an alternative expbank plugin a while ago, we were going to use it on the server to fix several issues and add more features to the plugin. I've never actually made stuff to transfer from the old one to this though, might do that in a little while though (in a couple weeks when I have more time).

SparkleUnidog
14-03-2013, 06:11 PM
That's awesome to hear Naith, you clever dog! :D (lol puns)

naithantu
28-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Ah, didn't know the sign goes blank. :/

Designtrice/me made an alternative expbank plugin a while ago, we were going to use it on the server to fix several issues and add more features to the plugin. I've never actually made stuff to transfer from the old one to this though, might do that in a little while though (in a couple weeks when I have more time).
couple weeks turned into couple months. But hey, the plugin is nearly done. I'm probably going to give it to all VIPs tonight/tomorrow.
If this issue still occurs with my expvault plugin, then I'll look into a fix :)

blackhawkbomber2
28-06-2013, 06:37 PM
couple weeks turned into couple months. But hey, the plugin is nearly done. I'm probably going to give it to all VIPs tonight/tomorrow.
If this issue still occurs with my expvault plugin, then I'll look into a fix :)

Works great so far Naith :)

naithantu
30-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Marking this as fixed, if this still occurs please submit a new bug report.