PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): New and Different PVP Games in the PVP World

SparkleUnidog
13-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I've had a few game ideas for the PVP world for a while now.

PVP Jump Game

This idea came when a player asked Dal if there was a Jump game area. She said we should build some for fun, and then this thought came to me :D

We could have a jump game in the PVP world! It would be a long jump course, with PVP on so of cause players can kill each other. They would be able to either hit each other to knock players off a block or maybe shoot arrows (or snowballs) at players further away to kill/knock them off. They would need to be the first to reach the end of the course to win the game. They could win a prize of some sort :3 Maybe. Also, there could maybe be teams, but

so... in short,

- Race across a jump course
- Be the first to get to the end to win
- use your fists or arrows/snowballs to knock other players off.
- maybe win prizes and have 2 teams (not sure about this though)

PVP Maze Adventure Game

Another game I thought of was a Maze type game. A temple would be made with a dark maze underneath. Everyone starts in 1 room with lots of doors. Everyone chooses a door that would then take them to corridors. It's dark, there are mobs and the players can kill each other. The task of the game is get through the maze, kill anyone or anything you see, and reach the end where a "prize" would be waiting. There would also be traps lying about, giving it a proper Tomb/temple adventure feeling. This could also be done as teams, maybe. Again, not sure about the winner getting a prize or not.

So... in short,

- everyone spawns in the same room
- they all choose their own door to go though
- they have to be careful of agressive mobs and traps
- they must also kill other players (who would then TP back to the room and start over)
- The first one to reach the end wins
- everyone starts with a wooden sword; maybe have items in chests around the maze with goodies in them to use
- maybe teams / maybe prizes

These were just a couple of ideas I had for PVP games, seeing as all the PVP games we have right now are Team based flag games of Cake Defence. I thought having a few different type of games in the PVP would would give something new, different and exciting to play. Some people really can't fight (like me), so having some games like this would be fun!

Okay, so... thoughts? Yay? Nah? Shut the heck up already Sparkles? :3

Cats_say_moo
14-03-2013, 12:05 AM
ohh Me like the suggestion sparkles :D (Om Nom Nom PARKOUR)

crazyredhead27
14-03-2013, 03:36 PM
maby we should try and get the map by seth bling "super craft bros brawl" thats a fun pvp map and requires no plugins

GreenTitanLP
14-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Yes, Sethblings "Super Craft Bros Brawl" map requires no plugins, which would also be a good idea, but we would need at least 20 people in the game for it to work properly. I like the maze idea, but having items in chest as goodies would pose some problems
Problems with Chest:
1. Players, being greedy as they are sometimes, would take the entire contents of the chest, leaving none for later games/people to use.
2. The chest would have some problems since the players would not be on the WG therefore, could not open the chest. Unless there's some other way to do it I don't know about.
3. The chest would need refilled constantly, due to #1.

Ideas:
1. Dispensers, would take a player a long time to empty one.
2. Set up shops with items for like .10 that way they don't need refilled, but players have to suicide to leave the area once they enter. Make it like CD where they have to have an empty inventory to join and leave.

hope this helps :D

SparkleUnidog
14-03-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree with that, Green :D using those instead of chests is a better idea.

And Crazy, I believe for Super Craft Bros. Brawl we'd still need some plugins to make it fully work - like WG, timer and stuff. Of cause, you can talk about that one on the thread Zap made for this PVP game :3

Ryuuga
15-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Like the jump game too would recommend turning pvp using snowballs though (i.e. 16 when you "revive".start) since killing is quite pointless in the game and snowballs are easier to use the limited amount means you can't just infinitely keep throwing them either ^^. having teams would be harder since you would need to determine some things first 1. when does a team win? 1 player finishes the course or all of them? how do you prevent players from sabotaging their team on purpose/ by accident? the difference between team could be simply done with colored leather armor or chain/gold armor like the currnt pvp games.
to close off how do you determine the winner/ prevent doubt about who finished first?

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Yet it wouldnt be much of a pvp map just a parkour area?

MohDaol
18-03-2013, 02:45 PM
I have an idea for how players can get items in the temple game: Just have a tripwire, pressure plate with a command block spawning the item :D Same thing goes for who wins the parkour map. At the end there is a pressure plate with 2 command blocks. one spawns everyone back to spawn, and the other shouts out "[Player] Has won the parkour game!" Not sure if the tping players back to spawn would work but im pretty sure you guys will be able to figure out something! :D

For saying [Player] has won the parkour game!] The command would just be: /say @p Has won the parkour game!

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Honestly think there should be a cake defence of the spawn, a remake of it in the pvp world and yesh, ever harsher version of Protect the spawn, like Endermen comeing out of the end area, Pigman/blazes exiting the nether area, Zombies/Skeletons in the resource area, Armor falling out in the pvp area

Non of them acutaly leading anywhere, just a Defend the spawn with both floors

Jackster21
19-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Sparkle, have a chat with me when you next see me on vent, we can discuss this further, and if I feel its suited i'll allocate you somewhere to build it in the PvP world.

Topic Locked for now.