PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Rule Change

GreenTitanLP
15-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I would like to suggest a change in the "Minecraft Server Terms & Conditions".

Rule I would like changed:

3.7.1. (in-game minecraft) AFK’ing near mobspawners will result in the spawner being removed.

Why I would like it changed:
I think it is unfair to the owner of a spawner if his hard work is undone by the misdoings of one person. I think that the person who AFK's at a spawner should be punished not the owner of a spawner. If it's the owner of the spawner who AFK's, then let it be destroyed. If it's someone who is not the owner, the punishment should be severe. No exceptions.

Punishments:
First Offense: (2 hour Jail)
Second Offense: (48 hour Temp ban)
Third Offense: (Permanent Ban)

Why this is a concern of mine:

I am in the process of building a spawner for all to use, but it would be a shame if it were destroyed due to the acts of one person.

Hope my input on this issue is considered, thank you for reading.

crazyredhead27
15-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Good idea green, and may i be able to come to your mobspawner

Charlotina
16-03-2013, 10:52 PM
I don't think this should change, just because of the fact it's he's/her own fault. You should not afk at a spawner because it makes the server lagg. No matter what the consequences are.

Telluur
16-03-2013, 10:54 PM
it is not fair to ban a player for a vanilla gameplay mechanic. The only problem with spawners is the technical side: which is the creation of tile entities that will cause server lag.

The reason behind the spawner being removed is simple. Zero tolerance on lag creating mechanics, which are vital for a survival server. Banning/jailing players will not help us reduce lag. Opening a spawner to the public will only make this worse and not a smart idea.

Removing a spawner when afk'ing near it is the only reasonable way we could allow mob grinders etc.

Cats_say_moo
17-03-2013, 11:46 PM
There are plugins out there that fix the amount of mobs spawned from a spawner yet it would probly be a heavy plugin

Telluur
18-03-2013, 09:19 AM
There are plugins out there that fix the amount of mobs spawned from a spawner yet it would probly be a heavy plugin

Checking for mobs/chunk, or mobs spawned by a spawner (=going through the whole world and checking if a block is a spawner) is creates only more of what we are trying to get rid of: server lag

Jackster21
19-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Topic Locked.

This Rule will not be changed. (As explained by Telluur)