PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Implementing /leave in the nether & Pvp Proofing vip plots

Cats_say_moo
17-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Honestly i thought this should be brought up of people leaving the nether after they gather items, During in the nether isnt the best sue to the /leave not being implented and with the controversy on someone pvp logging and things.

And vip plots should be pvp proof yet they arent?
Wasnt the original concern with vip plots in the nether was that people would kill them while they build so why not make it pvp proof?

~Cats

GreenTitanLP
17-03-2013, 11:27 PM
A problem with /leave in the nether is that if someone has fallen into lava, they cannot simply do /home or /spawned to live.

Cats_say_moo
17-03-2013, 11:44 PM
mm
i see your point there yet cant there be a seperate /sethomes list then for nether based set homes? (If thats even a thing)

Someb0dy
18-03-2013, 02:47 AM
why implement /leave into the nether when you can easily do /home (name) and go somewhere else instantly? ;o

naithantu
18-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Obviously /home permission would be removed in the nether

Someb0dy
18-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Obviously /home permission would be removed in the nether

and what would happen to the several homes some people have in the nether, how they would go there? unless you could enable /home in the wged areas and not outside of them , but that wouldn't be tiresome?

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Make nether towns that arent just for vips i would assume that would be the only way

veryunderstated
18-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I do not like the idea of disabling /home in the nether. I don't really understand why that would be a good thing.

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Preventing pvp logging.

naithantu
18-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Right, since the reply I wrote from my phone has been misunderstood by everyone: what I meant with that is that you can't use the /home command in the nether, this means that you will still be able to set homes there and teleport to those homes from the normal world (and spawn/VIP plot area), only downside of this is that when you are already in the nether and you want to go to another home in the nether, you'll first have to /leave and then /home from the normal world.

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I could agree on that :p

Someb0dy
19-03-2013, 03:18 AM
But if noone is hunting us for pvp (aka being alone) and want to change between lets say 5 nether homes we should do /leave and /home (name) 5 times? wouldn't that be necessary since we are alone? If someone was hunting us, yes I can understand the "/leave" option but if you are alone?

veryunderstated
19-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Would this effect /tpa /tpahere and /te in the nether?

Jackster21
19-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Would this effect /tpa /tpahere and /te in the nether?

But if noone is hunting us for pvp (aka being alone) and want to change between lets say 5 nether homes we should do /leave and /home (name) 5 times? wouldn't that be necessary since we are alone? If someone was hunting us, yes I can understand the "/leave" option but if you are alone?

There may be a way for naithantu to code something that if there is nobody within a 100 block radius you can use the other commands, but then it would get confusing for all players.

If it's going to happen, it will be the way naithantu has suggested; you would need to type /leave > that takes you to the main world > then use /home nether

/te and /tpa would be blocked.

/tpahere i dont think would need blocking because by the time you've typed that command, and waited for someone to come to you, the person PvP'ing you would probably have already won/loss the battle.

If you was in the nether and wanted to teleport to a friend, you would need to do /leave then /tpa from the main world.

From everything suggested so far, I feel this is the best solution, but I would appreciate you giving feedback so we can make this feature best for all.

Laegluin
20-03-2013, 01:00 PM
What would happen if I mined with a friend? There needs to be some sort of party system, otherwise I would need to walk 100 blocks to teleport.

Jackster21
20-03-2013, 07:34 PM
What would happen if I mined with a friend? There needs to be some sort of party system, otherwise I would need to walk 100 blocks to teleport.

One of you leaves the nether and the other one /tpahere's them in?

SparkleUnidog
21-03-2013, 03:38 AM
One of you leaves the nether and the other one /tpahere's them in?

Not everyone is a VIP, though ;D

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 09:49 AM
to be honest the nether is not supposed to be a pvp areana its just a place were you can pvp and it has been fine (apart from a few pvp loggings) until now and if we get proof of ppl pvp logging then they can just be banned, why change some thing that has worked well

TheKrafter1923
21-03-2013, 12:47 PM
My thoughts :P Since the nether isn't an official arena nor does it have one why would it need a /leave and my plot is very close to spawn so i'd not be able to use commands if they were to implement it where if someone is 100 block distance to you you can't use your commands, which so would be a great hassle

veryunderstated
21-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I still don't understand the point to this since the nether isn't a pvp arena. I've never seen people complaining about pvp logging in the nether before.

Also, I think this gives VIPs an unfair advantage as we can use a compass to tp away faster than members can.

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I i dont think anything should be changed, as its not as if you go in there to do pvp, you go in there to ither find a spawner or nether quartz. why change it

veryunderstated
21-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Doing this would just serve to encourage people to troll the nether to get resources without actually searching for them

Cats_say_moo
21-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Yet isnt what its ment for Getting resorces insted of being spawn killed?

veryunderstated
21-03-2013, 08:43 PM
yes, but your suggestion would be encouraging the spawn killing as it makes it more like a pvp arena instead of a pVe style world as I think it would serve better as.

to clarify my point, it seems like using /leave instead of being able to /home and stuff will encourage people to kill others for resources instead of having to search for themselves to get them and I think that will just end up making more conflict when someone takes your stuff that you've worked hours to get and they just log in and snipe you with arrows.

naithantu
06-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Since several players think this is a bad idea. Suggestion denied.