PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Vips + Getting the spawner block guarded?

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 12:05 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if this got denied instantly but some way of protexting a spawn would be VERY Appreciated even /lock or World Guard would be anice on a preventive note of people breaking spawners (Its been happening alot recently)

Of course it should come at some cost to the player for having it world guarded of the whole server is going to have no free spawners left, Maybe a fee of 4k per spawner world guarded?

Any compromise would be VERY helpfull to all the players on the server (In my opinion).

~Cats

Someb0dy
18-03-2013, 02:50 AM
isn't the spawner already getting wged when you ask to wg the area around the spawner? as far as I have checked the block itself gets wged as well :)

veryunderstated
18-03-2013, 02:51 AM
I've never had a problem getting a spawned above level thirty world guarded. I don't see any reason to limit this to VIPs or to have it cost money.

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 02:25 PM
There are losts of them that are under 30 blocks, just thinking if they are under 30 have it cost a price to have it world guarded.

veryunderstated
18-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Oh... Couldn't you just surround it with chests or furnaces?

Cats_say_moo
18-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Dont think it works the same, your able to break the block under a lwc item, Like ghost lwc's

TheKrafter1923
18-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Cats if they were to do this I'd already be paying 12,000 for the worldguards which I don't want to do.

Ryuuga
19-03-2013, 10:03 AM
okay just to get this suggestion clear you want to keep the current WG's to stay the same but make VIP's able to WG spawners under Y:30 for a fee. Is this what you're trying to suggest?

SparkleUnidog
19-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I think he is, Ryu - it can be annoying and disheartening to work really hard on making a XP farm thats under 30 Y and protect it as much as pos, only for someone to come and break the spawner. It's really a block that can't be given back by the one who broke it or get it rolledbacked as it becomes a Default pig spawner I believe, so the next best thing is for the original owner to find a new one, which they wouldn't have to do if someone didn't come and grief it in the first place.

Getting the spawner WGed at lest should be fair, or something.

Cats_say_moo
19-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Well basicly yes, Concidering now anything under 30 is free range non proteted, Honestly i dont think they will freely do world guards under 30 blocks, (Not saying any thing under 30 blocks should be paid for, just that mods arent as lenient on world guarding under 30 blocks, and would like to give it a bit more of space to move around and things insted of mods getting yelled at because someone doesnt know whats right and wrong senerio.

crazyredhead27
19-03-2013, 08:09 PM
good idea cats i think vips could ask for wgs under Y=30, but i think you can do /give (playa name) 52 thats a mobspawner i think and then go /spawnermob (mobname)
and it will spawn that mob of choise.

Jackster21
19-03-2013, 10:30 PM
The main issues with spawners are as follows;

if people make grinders from them, and does not add an 'on/off' feature (lighting control) it can create lag.
Also depending on the size of the things etc. etc. it can just create lag in general, so that's why we are reluctant to have grinders everywhere.

HOWEVER I think the best solution here is to have it that VIP's can get worldguards over spawners, IF they agree to certain 'rules'

If we said....

> Spawners must have an 'on/off' feature implemented
> Only VIP's can receive worldguards on spawners below Y=30
> Spawners must not produce more than XX amount of mobs per minute (We will work out a suitable amount)
> Spawner world guards would cost: $15,000 per spawner (Amount to be paid to the staff member making the worldguard who would then int-urn send the cash to account: SlapGaming - this can all be audited to make sure money is transferred and not pocketed etc.)

If you all think those points are fair I can discuss it further with relevant staff and see about making this a set in stone rule?

Note: this is just a suggestion from me, this is not me promising this will happen at this stage.

Someb0dy
20-03-2013, 12:09 AM
As far as I know if you were to leave the general area of the spawner(s) don't the mobs get despawned a bit after you have gone?? isn't that some kind of an "on/off" feature? Does it need one other too? Also if this is to be implemented each spawner worldguard after the change has been made would require that payment? or it would require payment for all previous spawner-worldguards as well?

veryunderstated
20-03-2013, 01:44 AM
I am pretty sure that spawned below level 30 aren't guarded as that is against the rules so there shouldn't be anything to charge is for anyway.

bladrag
20-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Well, just sticking a sign on a spawner and /cprivate will work.

SparkleUnidog
20-03-2013, 09:08 AM
As far as I know if you were to leave the general area of the spawner(s) don't the mobs get despawned a bit after you have gone?? isn't that some kind of an "on/off" feature? Does it need one other too? Also if this is to be implemented each spawner worldguard after the change has been made would require that payment? or it would require payment for all previous spawner-worldguards as well?
No, as if you're AFK at the spawner, which is the case most of the time, the mobs will never despawn and keep adding - this is why we ask that players make on/off switches with turns the spawner off while you are not using it. Even if you leave the area, someone else could either still be close by or it could just take a long time for ALL the mobs to despawn. In which case, this will still cause lag to thr server till their all gone. I mean, think about it - I came across someone who let nearly 600 mobs spawn on one block - it's gonna take a while to allow them all to depsawn, no?

I am pretty sure that spawned below level 30 aren't guarded as that is against the rules so there shouldn't be anything to charge is for anyway.

Yes, it's against the rules to WG anything below Y 30, so this is why Cats is asking this in the first place. :/

Well, just sticking a sign on a spawner and /cprivate will work.

Sadly this no longer works. Yes, you can't break the sign itself, but if the block itself isn't WGed then the block can still get broken, and the sign just comes off and sits there ready to be picked up again. I know this because another player did that on her walls to protect her spawner, but players were able to still do it. Unless this of cause was just a bug and has fixed itself.

You also can't do /cprivate on a spawner block :/

@Jack: This idea I like. I think we need to be a bit more stricker with spawners anyway, seeing as a lot of players still abuse the spawner AFKing/mob building up rule and allow it to happen, only to moan when we tell them off about it.

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I think 15,000 is abit much jack as i only have 10k and i dont want to save up a nother 5 then loose it all but i agree with what you have come up with so far just not the pricing

lordgandalf
21-03-2013, 12:53 PM
i think 15.000 is a fair price.
They worldguard youre spawner which is in a location normally not wged.
And to prevent abuse it needs steep price

veryunderstated
21-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I was about to say that $15,000 is a little cheap if you're wanting to make this a more exclusive thing.

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 02:11 PM
well then i will not be getting my spawner wged then cause i cant offord 15k anyays vips are supposed to be able to do spechal things, think about it we've can get nether WG's ask for WE's, use a compass 8 sethomes

i agree that it would be too OP is if it was free but not

veryunderstated
21-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Hmmm, I guess we see $15k differently. To me that is just about an hour of working to get.

Jackster21
21-03-2013, 04:44 PM
The price will stay at $15,000. (If anything may even increase!)
If you can't afford it, then it is a good goal to set yourself - save enough cash to earn a spawner.

We dont want everyone having worldguarded spawners everywhere, so it is a good way to limit the amount on the server.

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 05:36 PM
an hour of working how the monkey do you get 15k in and hour

SparkleUnidog
21-03-2013, 06:42 PM
an hour of working how the monkey do you get 15k in and hour

Easy. Go mining and sell the gold and iron you find. Make a huge farm and harvest it, then sell it to the server. Kill different mobs at a time. Kill slims and then sell their slimballs - they sell for a lot. Look for clay, burn it for bricks then sell. Use your VIP grants and sell those. Take up jobs for players that they'll pay you for. Buy money by donating.

There are loads of ways to get 15k, you just need to look and find the right way to earn for you. Just because your VIP doesn't mean you should get everything. Spawners under Y 30 shouldn't get WGed, but because Jack is willing to allow this, he wants you to earn the right for them. Like he said, if he allowed this for free, then simply all spawners would get easierly WGed, it's bad enough that there are tones above Y 30 that get WGed - so he wants players to make an effort this time.

You're already a VIP, so you've done the first step. Now earn your money and right to have a low leveled spawner. :3

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Ok spark got it

Someb0dy
21-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Easy. Go mining and sell the gold and iron you find. Make a huge farm and harvest it, then sell it to the server. Kill different mobs at a time. Kill slims and then sell their slimballs - they sell for a lot. Look for clay, burn it for bricks then sell. Use your VIP grants and sell those. Take up jobs for players that they'll pay you for. Buy money by donating.

There are loads of ways to get 15k, you just need to look and find the right way to earn for you. Just because your VIP doesn't mean you should get everything. Spawners under Y 30 shouldn't get WGed, but because Jack is willing to allow this, he wants you to earn the right for them. Like he said, if he allowed this for free, then simply all spawners would get easierly WGed, it's bad enough that there are tones above Y 30 that get WGed - so he wants players to make an effort this time.

You're already a VIP, so you've done the first step. Now earn your money and right to have a low leveled spawner. :3

So this , if passed, will allow payment for spawners only below y-30? above will still be free? and also we would still have the option of putting furnaces/chests around till we get the money for the worldguard?

crazyredhead27
21-03-2013, 08:09 PM
what if your spawner is on Y=31 so it is wg'ed but your redstone is under Y=30 would you get a discount cause the spawners above Y=30 but the other stuff is not
so maby you only pay 2k cause your only wg'ing redstone and stuff not the spawner

Ryuuga
22-03-2013, 08:39 AM
would there be a limit to the size the WG could be jack? and expanding an existing WG would be free?
I can already see people building a base under Y:30 as part of their "spawner". that's why I'm asking this.

SparkleUnidog
22-03-2013, 01:42 PM
would there be a limit to the size the WG could be jack? and expanding an existing WG would be free?
I can already see people building a base under Y:30 as part of their "spawner". that's why I'm asking this.
It's only the spawner. Only the spawner block itself is to be WGed, from what I can tell. :3

Ryuuga
22-03-2013, 02:45 PM
It's only the spawner. Only the spawner block itself is to be WGed, from what I can tell. :3
so it would be a 1 block WG then under Y:30 at the price of $15000 or more in-game money correct? without any possibility for expansion correct?

crazyredhead27
22-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Really 15k for one block to be wg'ed and what if you have redstone for lighting and maby a redstone crusher and they just wreck all your redstone and you have to do it all again

lordgandalf
23-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah 15k for one block because it's deeper underground then normal and if you would wg around it then it's just a plot underground isn't it?

Jackster21
23-03-2013, 05:26 PM
So this , if passed, will allow payment for spawners only below y-30? above will still be free? and also we would still have the option of putting furnaces/chests around till we get the money for the worldguard?

Good Point.

I think it'd be a case of any spawners currently WG'd above y-30 will be left the way they are, but once this is implemented, ALL spawners would have these rules apply.

I think a 20x20x20 square around the spawner is sufficient space to build a lighting system + collection system.

Cats_say_moo
05-04-2013, 05:10 PM
May i ask if this is a complete rule now :?

Someb0dy
05-04-2013, 11:20 PM
May i ask if this is a complete rule now :?

It shouldn't be a rule yet since it is not confirmed as completed or not in the title as some others are

Jackster21
06-04-2013, 05:53 PM
We are just finalizing this new change and writing some topics to publish to staff and players,

Expect this change within the next 48-72hours.

SparkleUnidog
06-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Topics posted! Please go check it out!

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7524-WorldGuarding-and-owning-a-Spawner-New-rules-and-guidance&p=123396#post123396