PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Nether Teleporting?

SparkleUnidog
19-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but just how big is the Nether now?

Because there are a good few places that makes you teleport to above the Nether if you cross certain points, but I dunno if these are just where the Nether stops you, like on the upper world, but instead of TPing you back a few blocks, it takes you above it instead xD;

Also, I dunno if this is another bug, but I have a sethome to my old Blaze Spawner. I TP there, and it says I've reached the end of the world, but am able to move about. But after a while, I start TPing everywhere in the Nether, to then eventually end up above it. But it's not just when I TP to the old Blaze Spawner, if I walk thought the portal normally, and venture out into the Nether, I then start to TP everywhere again.

It could be just me though, but I wasn't sure if anyone else is having this same problem, or if it's something just happening to me, but I thought I'd point it out.

Cats_say_moo
19-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I do not think there is a world border for the nether, I asked flrn about it and the whole point in the world border is for the dynmap, There for the nether isnt implemented.

(I went to some redicious coords like -10000)

Donno about your tping glitch thou (Possible lagging?)

Someb0dy
19-03-2013, 09:32 PM
I have wondered off in the nether quite a lot and after the reset of the nether I've ran a couple of times on "the edge of the world" which naturally didn't let me go any further from where I was standing the only option was to go back from where I came :/, unless it was changed after the day it was reset..., also sparkles I tped to your blaze spawner as well the same result along with some other sethomes I had ;/. But even if you were trying wouldn't it be deleted? since they reseted everything outside the vip plot area(including some plots as well)?

Jackster21
19-03-2013, 10:17 PM
There IS a worldborder in The Nether.

It is set at a 1,000 radius from the portal.

Because the world was recreated by me, and had to be assigned the same name as before (world_nether) it means any old sethomes etc. will still 'work' but they will take you to the coordinates within the old, deleted world.
Because the starting coordinates are very very different from the old Nether when you try and use your /home it takes you to those coords, but they are outside the worldborder, and it then teleports you to the border.

Hope this helps!

@Naithantu, regarding people going on to the top of The Nether, can you work your magic to make it "If above (value of nether top) it teleports them to the next available location below?

SparkleUnidog
20-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Ah, then that makes sense!

Thank you guys :3

nirosu
09-04-2013, 04:24 PM
next avaible place below? sounds like lava is avaible >.< better check that too if we do some magic to tp back down >.<

veryunderstated
09-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Seems like it may be better to just block the tp if you're going to end up above the bedrock as Nirosu has a point about ending up in lava.

nirosu
14-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Seems like it may be better to just block the tp if you're going to end up above the bedrock as Nirosu has a point about ending up in lava.

don't you there even say they should nulify the /jumpto in the nether >.<

veryunderstated
14-04-2013, 04:28 PM
No, it shouldn't allow the jumpto I'd you'd end up above the bedrock, but it should work in any other situation in the nether.

naithantu
14-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Any teleportation that would make you go above the nether bedrock is now blocked (well, after the next server restart).

Completed :)

veryunderstated
14-04-2013, 06:50 PM
w00t! Thank you Naith