PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): New Contest

MaxRoktanskyCrmb
07-04-2013, 09:45 PM
I asked Jackster in game about a new contest and he told me I should post a suggestion on the forums. I know there has been some mixed feelings from a lot of people about the rumor of a redstone contest. Some people like the idea, some people hate it. I had a thought that we could do a contest with a theme of "Movies". Whether in pixel art or 3d. I thought the set up like that Slap-Gaming Hall of Games could be used. Instead of computer monitors, it would be movie screens. Although it worked good for the Hall of Games , I think the plots should be a little bigger, still 50 tall and 50 deep, but probably 60-65 blocks wide, just so it looks like a movie screen. The players could say they want to be in the contest and then an admin will assign a plot. I don't think its necessary to know what everyone's doing. I think we should keep it secret. Yes , even if we have 5 people doing Jurrasic Park, I think the surprise of seeing the builds will be interesting, without first knowing what each build is based off of. The other reason for this is because someone might want to do a movie themed build about several movies (like a movie franchise), or they might want to just create their local movie theater or the local drive-in movies theater. I think the movie theme needs to be obvious in the build but doesn't need to be any specific film. We haven't had a contest in awhile and there is a lot of grumbling and mixed feelings about the redstone idea.
.............Max

GreenTitanLP
08-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Well, I think the idea is a great one, I will not be participating in it, as I am awful at this kind of stuff. Hope to see some cool creations if this goes through!

Cats_say_moo
09-04-2013, 03:53 AM
I would support this <3, Sounds like a epic Contest!

Ryuuga
09-04-2013, 08:12 AM
okay I'm a bit confused about this suggestion you want to make a competition right? what's holding you back from making one yourself? or are you suggesting staff built/starts/does this kind of competition?

concerning the redstone green made a wonderfull tutorial on it so anyone could use that as a cheat sheet to at least use the existing redstone present there as a base to built they're own redstone contraptions

MaxRoktanskyCrmb
09-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Don't be confused ryuuga. I had asked Jackster on the server when the next Slap build contest will be. He said there was nothing planned, but if I wanted one I should suggest it on the forums. That's why I started this thread. I will participate in any server sponsored contest , but I am not interested in doing one on my own. Server build contests have been a good tradition on Slap, but we haven't had one in awhile. As stated above, I only suggested the movie theme idea because there seems to be a definite split in wanting a redstone contest. I have asked for several weeks (months?) for the redstone contest, but have been met with little or no interest. I thought the movie theme would bring more players to the build. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. That's why its a suggestion.

veryunderstated
12-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I would love to see this contest. I'm pretty sure I would t enter, but it seems like a topic that would result in some really neat builds.