PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Swearing block system?

nirosu
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Dear members of SLAP-Gaming's minecraft server.

Tired of new newbs logging in for the first time, and the moment you say welcome, they welcome you back with news about your mother and such(AKA swearing)?

Well, let me tell you about another thing that annoyed me, the /blockfaq, the auto frequent asked questions system, this thing can be rather annoying, and I believe we could enter the server something similar that detects swearing and give warning to players, with a counting system, if it counts 3 blocked sentences(because of swearing), then it'll will kick hte player responsible, or any other drastic kind of action, also, because the system would probably annoy everyone else who has the need to swear once in a while(not at other people), then there should be a command called /blockswear (or something) that is avaible to members only to use, because usualy those people are builders.

This system will not destroy the need of mods to supervise the chat, but it'll sure be enough to calm people down, or prevent those who only joined to swear at others.

Maybe more features, or an other similar thing should be added, if you have any suggestion to make this system better, if it were to be added, then just post a comment about it.

Nirosu.

KeroroGX
12-04-2013, 01:20 PM
What if a builder becomes a member on purpose and abuses the /blockswear?
Otherwise, it isn't such a bad idea.

Plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/anti-swear-1-0-1-3-1/

veryunderstated
12-04-2013, 03:27 PM
What if a builder becomes a member on purpose and abuses the /blockswear?
Otherwise, it isn't such a bad idea.

Plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/anti-swear-1-0-1-3-1/

The problem with that plugin is that it blocks all instances of cursing and cursing is allowed on the server so I doubt it will be used.

Cats_say_moo
12-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Swearing is alloud on the server as long as it isnt directed towards anyone, if this rule was changed im sure people would have a hard time adjuesting towards it and it probs wouldnt be able to block all swearing of all types and encourage people to swear in ways the staff dont understand.

the way you describe it it can be used to crash the server and or do some serious damage to the server is self, Imagine a DDoS attack with swear words? The whole chat would be spammed and server crashed in less than 5 sec. Not a good idea. Also it would spam console which would be a very bad senerio

If there was a way around this from happening i would be very supportive towards this idea untill then i honestly think it would be worse if it was added.

naithantu
14-04-2013, 05:54 PM
I really don't see the need for this. If someone logs in and starts swearing they are banned nearly instantly. An automatic swear blocking system is probably going to be pretty annoying.