PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Player Heads Plugin

GreenTitanLP
15-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Hello, I would like to suggest a simple plugin for PVP. This plugin is set to drop a player head when a player is killed, it will only drop though .5% of the time, and it will only drop when a player is killed by another player. Nothing else will cause the head to drop. It can also be set up to drop mob heads when mobs are killed, with a whole different set of percentages. This could also be included in a VIP package, where they can get the head if their own, or possibly a friend. I have tried this out before and it does not seem to mess with any other plugins.

http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/player-heads

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/player-heads/

Note: It will drop the head of the player, with the players skin on at the time. It will NOT be the default Steve head, that is unless the player is wearing the Steve skin.

Note #2: The drop rates are all adjustable, and it comes with a set of commands (Op only) that can spawn in player heads without them needing to be killed. All drop rates are adjusted in the config files.

crazyredhead27
15-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey green i suggested that first but i put it in the worng place and i did not have the idea of making it a ramdon chance of dropping, i like the idea and i would really like to see tihs add

GreenTitanLP
15-04-2013, 06:40 PM
The plugin itself is set to drop randomly, but a 100% chance of a head can be enabled, but definetly should not be.

naithantu
15-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Brace yourselves, head farming is coming.
No but seriously, I expect players to just be killing each other over and over again in pvp without even fighting to get heads. I guess we could add this if people want it though, you can't do much with heads anyway :3

GreenTitanLP
15-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Maybe make it a VIP package feature, you get a head for $5 or something like that, so they cannot farm them.

Blake
15-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I do like that because it shows who you have killed besides putting a sign. Plus there will be more people in PvP I agree with this plug-in!!!

Ryuuga
16-04-2013, 07:34 AM
It would be an interesting extra feature in my opinion and if you make it like a package you can donate for you won't have too many people go crazy over it.

naithantu
16-04-2013, 08:29 AM
It'd be best to enable this for everyone if we add it, only enabling it for vips/people that buy a package would make it a useless gimmick. Enabling it for everyone could make it a bit of a competition (a PVP clan gathering heads from another clan?)

GreenTitanLP
16-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Ye, I think having it like that would also be a very good idea. It would encourage people to PVP more, which is good, and there won't be as much complaining about not winning anything in PVP. At least they will have a chance to win a head, but this will increase the number of people trying to head farm, but it shouldn't be that bad. as everytime they die they end up at spawn. It won't be spamming us with "...... was killed by ....."

nirosu
16-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I would probably head farm a bit.... I sure want to put a small head of mine on a sign saying:"Property of Nirosu" or "Built by Nirosu", making a package for a price will be lame, at most adding this as a VIP feature as something like a new grant (/vip head [player] - that might be possible... maybe will work only if player is on... or not... if so, a notch head would be a nice edition for a house)

P.S- those heads might be cool furniture, like.... player going with a box-head-skin and his head is claimed... and there you have it.... a box <3

GreenTitanLP
16-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I think they definetly should be ultra rare. To give players something to aim for.

Wackmo
16-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree that if heads can drop, they should be rare, so people dont just go crazy for heads. However, then that would kind of defeat the point of having heads in the first place. What I get from your post, Green, is that heads would be a reward of sorts for people killing each other in PVP, as something of an incentive to compete.
I'll try and use an example to explain my concern:
Say you, GreenTitanLP, were in a rival PVP clan from my own, and I prepped for a long time to get good gear etc, and then battled you, and won :P. The chances of me getting your head would be very slim.
However, if I were to battle a friend multiple times perhaps in fist PVP, I would be quite more likely to get their head. Therefore, although heads are supposed to be a battle trophy, the true battles would not result in dropped heads.
I really like the idea, but I'm not sure that the point of the mod would really get across.
Thanks
Wack

Cats_say_moo
16-04-2013, 11:54 PM
The only problem i can see with this is having the spawn shop not being able to sell heads in general with this plugin and, the amount of inventory clutter with heads in pvp which people complain about Alot.

Ryuuga
17-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I agree that if heads can drop, they should be rare, so people dont just go crazy for heads. However, then that would kind of defeat the point of having heads in the first place. What I get from your post, Green, is that heads would be a reward of sorts for people killing each other in PVP, as something of an incentive to compete.
I'll try and use an example to explain my concern:
Say you, GreenTitanLP, were in a rival PVP clan from my own, and I prepped for a long time to get good gear etc, and then battled you, and won :P. The chances of me getting your head would be very slim.
However, if I were to battle a friend multiple times perhaps in fist PVP, I would be quite more likely to get their head. Therefore, although heads are supposed to be a battle trophy, the true battles would not result in dropped heads.
I really like the idea, but I'm not sure that the point of the mod would really get across.
Thanks
Wack
so what you are saying is you'd rather that it only be used on special occassions for example when we would host a pvp tournament? or something like that? wouldn't that the whole mod be kinda useless then? seems to me like besides on the rare occasions it is used i would only take up space. or are you suggesting players get a on/off switch for the mod or something :S a I challenge thee to a head dual command or something? seems a darn lot of trouble to me fr just an extra feauture. :S

The only problem i can see with this is having the spawn shop not being able to sell heads in general with this plugin and, the amount of inventory clutter with heads in pvp which people complain about Alot.
how so cats? does the mod remove the original heads from play?

GreenTitanLP
17-04-2013, 10:04 AM
No, but the spawn shop heads would drop in value, and possibly get removed. Leaving space for future items.

nirosu
17-04-2013, 10:33 AM
actually, dropping the price would be nice, and having more place for future items is needed, but remmember that the plugin mentioned here is more about player heads than mobs, I don't think i's nessecery to make mobs drop heads, but i think it is nessecery to lower that high price anyways.

Wackmo
17-04-2013, 03:17 PM
so what you are saying is you'd rather that it only be used on special occassions for example when we would host a pvp tournament? or something like that? wouldn't that the whole mod be kinda useless then? seems to me like besides on the rare occasions it is used i would only take up space. or are you suggesting players get a on/off switch for the mod or something :S a I challenge thee to a head dual command or something? seems a darn lot of trouble to me fr just an extra feauture. :S

Ryuuga, that's exactly my point. I really liked the idea, but I think that the cons of the mod kind of overpower the pros.

how so cats? does the mod remove the original heads from play?

Ryuuga, that's exactly my point. I really liked the idea, but I think that the cons of the mod kind of overpower the pros.

Cats_say_moo
18-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Going to use a Very skilled player for this example (If thats allright)
BassMakesPaste I would say is one of the best pvper's on the server hense him getting ALOT of player heads, And him making a profit off of the heads selling them to people. Hense making he/she Rich. (Tee Hee He/She <3)
Point being this probly wouldnt fit into the Economy of the server making Players rich, Like a Public Farm but this time Allways there.

nirosu
19-04-2013, 03:07 PM
ahhh... not exactly, they would be sold for like 100$ or less, I assume, it's not like people will buy the same head over and over, I find heads quite a usefull step towards a better interior. for example, a wall of your enemies' heads, a private temple for your secret love (people would challenge daloria everyday to get her head for this xD) or simply a memento that reminds you of your closest friends, and as I mentioned before, if somone uses a skin with an item head, that would supply far superior interior.

Heads are a thing in development, and this will develop them farther, why resist the change, didn't we expect the same economical scale change when they released emeralds? but nothing happened much, it'll be a short time before the prices stablize.

naithantu
19-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Making them worth money (as in selling it to the server) is a bad idea, this would encourage head farming.
Heads should only be sold to other players, this would mean heads are only valuable if less heads of that player exist. A head of a really good PVP player could be worth thousands, but a head that was farmed from a random builder would be worthless. Thus making head farming useless.

Cats_say_moo
19-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Well lets say this for example, Jack pvped and lost (Doubt it) And x player grabbed this head that droped, Then it would be worth about i dunno 10k at least thats what id pay for something that rare :p
Maybe just disable selling heads in general will be the way to go but then there will be people complaining about it like with ocelot eggs, If players want them, Let them have them.

:p

nirosu
20-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Well lets say this for example, Jack pvped and lost (Doubt it) And x player grabbed this head that droped, Then it would be worth about i dunno 10k at least thats what id pay for something that rare :p
Maybe just disable selling heads in general will be the way to go but then there will be people complaining about it like with ocelot eggs, If players want them, Let them have them.

:p

in that case we should siallow certain enchant books as well, the prices of a silk touch book are too high >.< and anyways, if someone were to beat jack and get his head, than it would definetly worth 10 k, no doubt, and if someone were to do so, he deserves that, don't you think so? lt could be a nice addition for pvp clans, and a new job for people.... bounty hunters! a price on a certain player's head! this is not a bad thing, it spices up the fun.

So if this goes through, than bounty hunters could be avaible as a job at the server XD of course at first people will do "forbidden head trades" maybe later we could add some plugin that records the pvp count and number of deaths in pvp and such, and will create some sort of bounty-value, which will lower the value of the bounty if someone is killed many times in one day (which indicates perhaps a sold out game, force farming) and raises if kills a varity of opponents(if the same person is killing the same guy over and over, it indicates about a force farm, duh), that could be awesome <3 and also will give pp clans a certain parameter for people to join their ranks XD

player heads can have much uses, such as what I've written above and in me last replies xD

SparkleUnidog
20-04-2013, 08:48 PM
There would be a few different rareness on heads, me thinks -

1. Great PVPer: A player who is very hard to beat (Dal, Jack, Bass, Char, ect)
2. A player who everyone knows and likes, but barely ever PVPs: The goal isn't to beat them at PVP, but more to GET them to PVP to start with.

I dunno, but like Naith said, the rareity of the head depends on who that player is I guess :P (I'd fall on the in the second rareness, as I never really PVP but seems to be loved by everyone. (lol that's a lie))

lordgandalf
20-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I would be in the second category i guess xD

Blake
21-04-2013, 03:23 AM
I would be in the 2nd category as well but people dont love me so i do not know what rareaty my head would be at

Cats_say_moo
21-04-2013, 12:40 PM
In all fairness I would love to see a plugin like this added but I do not know how it would works out persay.

GreenTitanLP
21-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Well, I think it would work out just fine, and possibly promote to the economy of the server (Players buying in-game cash so they can afford rare heads of others).

Cats_say_moo
28-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Thinking about this and wondered wouldn't this ruin Pvp Games?

SparkleUnidog
28-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Not if the plugin was set into the PVP games plugins, I believe.

Cats_say_moo
29-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Not if the plugin was set into the PVP games plugins, I believe.

Yes but ever since it is a plugin for a server not individual worlds wouldnt it work for the diffrent world of the server? Also the pvp arena is in the pvp world so if it is disabled there then whats the point of having the plugin?

nirosu
30-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes but ever since it is a plugin for a server not individual worlds wouldnt it work for the diffrent world of the server? Also the pvp arena is in the pvp world so if it is disabled there then whats the point of having the plugin?

I believe that the arena is indeed in pvp world, but look more closely, it's in the overworld, the pvp games are hosted on another seperate world, so basicly disabling it in the pvp game world won't disable it in the arena, and don't forget we still have the nether as pvp place.

GreenTitanLP
30-04-2013, 02:59 PM
The PVP games and the PVP arena are in the same world. Put the plugin active for all worlds. No harm in putting it for the regular world, as heads are ONLY dropped when someone is killed by another player. What difference does it make if you disable it in PVP games? Aren't inventories cleared when you leave anyway? The Nether would be a good place to get heads, but there's always that chance it could fall in lava, as the nether is full of the stuff.

Cats_say_moo
30-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes but the deal is wouldnt it clutter invetory's of pvp games?

veryunderstated
30-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I highly doubt it would given that the drop rate should be very low any way

naithantu
30-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Had a look at the code of this plugin, with the way they made it the skulls won't drop in pvp games.
That won't be an issue :)

GreenTitanLP
30-04-2013, 08:05 PM
So, are we going to use it?

Yannis_Ofzo
05-05-2013, 01:44 AM
I support this plugin, also it could be nice if you could make it so that the chance decreases when you kill the same guy over and over again, and it resets when you kill someone else, not sure if that possible though.

naithantu
28-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Completely forgot about this, will add this in a couple of days unless someone has new issues with it.

nirosu
26-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Edit: I didn't mean it in a bad way to offend, I only mean to be of a reminder XD really looking forward to it somewhen

Re-edit:since my comment was posted in an offensive way, I'd like to apologize and I've removed it.

Telluur
26-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you for teaching me that couple of days means between 2 days.... to 28.

Can I please remind you that we had 2 MC updates over the last few weeks = half of our shit breaks everytime mojang needs to add and fix their buggy horses?

We do really appreciate your hostile response though! Has probably nothing to do with recent events regarding you, Yeah, i'm 100% sure about that.

nirosu
26-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Can I please remind you that we had 2 MC updates over the last few weeks = half of our shit breaks everytime mojang needs to add and fix their buggy horses?

We do really appreciate your hostile response though! Has probably nothing to do with recent events regarding you, Yeah, i'm 100% sure about that.

actually nope, :S I didn't mean it that way XD I actually wanted to ask when is this beeing released, sorry for the misunderstanding :S

naithantu
26-07-2013, 10:58 PM
actually nope, :S I didn't mean it that way XD I actually wanted to ask when is this beeing released, sorry for the misunderstanding :S
Right......

Anyways, added to slaphomebrew since I don't like the player heads plugin (no multiworld support mainly). Should be on the server within a week

nirosu
27-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks naith :D looking forward to it

lordgandalf
27-07-2013, 03:43 PM
this really is a naith answer xD nope didnt like it but yeah i build it myself for the server just wait and it will be there :P

jimred9
03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm looking forward to it too :) as I haven't been on the server for a while ...