PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Applying for Certian Things in-game

Cats_say_moo
17-04-2013, 05:07 PM
The reason why i bring this up is because of the confusion of what you can have or what you cant have as a decoration.
Therefor I suggest addeding somewhere to where you can "apply" in a way to have lava placed in certain area's
For example I really wanted to have lava placed as decoration for my Evil Kitty Chamber of Adorableness. Then i would post a screenshot of the area which i would like some lava placed (In moderation) And see if it gets denied of placement or Approved of placement.

Ex:
{FAKE IMAGUR LINK}
{coords for where it is needed to be placed}
Reason Why you would like to have the item placed there:

Using this system it would clear up confusion and give oppertunities to have more Decorational Blocks in the game that are now banned, Like Tnt minecarts perhaps.

Thank you for reading I would more than happly take feedback on this :D

nirosu
18-04-2013, 01:00 PM
that sounds like a realy unnessecery extra work.... but perhaps adding a rule zone where one could see in what ways he can place lava(with the help of mods), and anyways, mods do that sort of job already, making a system would still require the attention of a mod, and it's less direct than just /modreq and having the mod see this worthy.

or perhaps you didn't actually ment this for just lava, still, this method is less efficient than what we currently have.

Cats_say_moo
18-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Not just for lava, Concidering i assume in the furte updates of minecraft there will be MORE banned items on the server.

nirosu
19-04-2013, 02:52 PM
let's see why we should ban future features like.... horses? when they will be out, we'll have to get some sort of plugin of the wg that dissalows people to detach the horses from the fence, that could be a problem... but that is a future issue, and it still seems much less eficient having the need to shoot a picture and write down co-ords, it can easialy be miscalculated, begcause of the feet-pos and head pos that are both displayed.

GreenTitanLP
19-04-2013, 04:50 PM
It will most likely be incorporated into a regular WG, so no need to have a special flag for it. I like the system the way we have it and I suggest we do not change it. Learn to abide by the rules instead of thinking up ways around them.

Cats_say_moo
19-04-2013, 05:01 PM
It will most likely be incorporated into a regular WG, so no need to have a special flag for it. I like the system the way we have it and I suggest we do not change it. Learn to abide by the rules instead of thinking up ways around them.

What rules exactly? Normal players can not see these rules you speak of for lava placement and such, And right now its what ever mod you pick your going to get a diffrent answer from about lava placement. It doesnt seem people are reading this rule if it is there or just ignoring it?

nirosu
20-04-2013, 11:25 AM
What rules exactly? Normal players can not see these rules you speak of for lava placement and such, And right now its what ever mod you pick your going to get a diffrent answer from about lava placement. It doesnt seem people are reading this rule if it is there or just ignoring it?

i think instead of making such a system you've suggested, you perhaps mean we need to give more specific examples of what should be allowed or disallowed with things such as lava placement? perhaps that should be more clear in the rules.

is that what you mean?

Cats_say_moo
20-04-2013, 04:19 PM
i think instead of making such a system you've suggested, you perhaps mean we need to give more specific examples of what should be allowed or disallowed with things such as lava placement? perhaps that should be more clear in the rules.

is that what you mean?

Exactly. Also any specific way of showing "Hey we need [BannedItem] Added for decoration" What you have to do to get the [BannedItem] placement for aproveal. If anyway on this being sorted with set examples like screenshots and things to show ways of how and where you can get the banned item placed. The reason i started this tread was because of the mass confusion on how to get lava or any banned item placed for decoraton :P

nirosu
20-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Exactly. Also any specific way of showing "Hey we need [BannedItem] Added for decoration" What you have to do to get the [BannedItem] placement for aproveal. If anyway on this being sorted with set examples like screenshots and things to show ways of how and where you can get the banned item placed. The reason i started this tread was because of the mass confusion on how to get lava or any banned item placed for decoraton :P

your suggestion caused me confusion, so in other words, we need to make some sort of examples of what is allowed and what is not, right? and not to submit a screenshot and co-ords just to get a simple lava block placed...?

Cats_say_moo
20-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Well you did say "Insted of making a system like this" so theres a second solution :p

nirosu
21-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Well you did say "Insted of making a system like this" so theres a second solution :p

indeed.... <3

naithantu
28-06-2013, 03:40 PM
If you feel like a certain item shouldn't be banned, then just ask me. We've already allowed a fair amount of extra items in the creative world and could also enable more items in the survival world if players want it.

The idea of applying for things in-game has been denied however.