PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Moveable Spawners?

zapados3
28-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Wouldn't it be great to be able to have staff members move spawners to a different location? think of all the the amazing results:
Less sethomes, easier acess, fewer world gaurds, safer spawners, etc. In short i think staff members should be able to move a spawner through a modreq

Ex. /modreq can you plz move this skelly spawner to my mansion.

BTW let's say some 1 finds a nether fort and finds a blaze spawner, they don't want it destroyed but they can't world gaurd it cuz they're not vips. If moving spawners was possible, non-vips could world gaurd blaze spawners in the overworld.

Ex. /modreq can u plz move this blaze spawner to my house in the overworld?

veryunderstated
28-04-2013, 02:39 AM
The problem is having a spawner in populated areas leads to lag issues. Also I don't think staff can place spawner blocks because they revert to pig spawners.

Cats_say_moo
28-04-2013, 03:22 AM
More than positive if this was a option this would be VERY abused, and cause the server more troubles over spawners. Don't think It would be a good idea to add this :/

crazyredhead27
28-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Ahh what a over powerd suggestion. imadgen this you walk in to a room full of spawners wow that would make the server lagg so much if they did not have a on off switch and it would make xp grinding too op

SparkleUnidog
28-04-2013, 11:37 AM
^ All the above.

Not to mention Mods do not have the power to WorldEdit, as you know.

Sorry, but I see this as a pointless suggestion, and not really needed. :/ Also, we have new rules and Guidelines about Spawners - so this kinda completely defeats the object of this thread - http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?7524-WorldGuarding-and-owning-a-Spawner-New-rules-and-guidance&p=123657#post123657

zapados3
28-04-2013, 01:51 PM
yes i do agree with what you all say and i'm not going against it,but i think at least it should be allowed to move a blaze spawner to the overworld from the nether if your a non-vip so that you can at least worldgaurd it. Of course they're would be rules to this sorta of thing like:

"non-vips can only have 1 blaze spawner moved to a location in the overworld that isn't near another spawner."

i just like the idea of creating a mob grinder or whatever using a blaze spawner in the over world where members can worldgaurd it.

i found a nether fort and wanted the blaze spawner to be mine for my shop but since i'm not vip i wasn't able to have a staff member world gaurd it.

so i think staff members, the ones that can anyways, should be able to move only 1 blaze spawner that the members/non-vips found to the overworld so that they can get a worldgaurd for it.

MaxRoktanskyCrmb
28-04-2013, 02:18 PM
This is a bad idea. If you want the perks of VIP, then you need to donate for VIP, just like the rest of us.

naithantu
28-04-2013, 03:31 PM
All the above, suggestion denied