PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Disable short names in /msg command

lordgandalf
28-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Can we disable short names in /msg because people are to lazy to type out full names.
This way people try to talk to daloria type /msg dal <message>
and it sends it to daloria and to me if we disable short names/ name completion.
We dont get msgs to people who dont need to get the msg.</message>

GreenTitanLP
28-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Honestly, I think this is a bad idea. If you know people with similar names are on the server, then type put the full name. But, it should not be required.

lordgandalf
28-04-2013, 06:33 PM
I had the first also but when you get msg after msg meant for daloria you wil talk different :S
It is just people type dal and think it only gets to Daloria but it goes to everyone with the combo dal in the name.
And some of the messages aint any of my business so im trying to get /msg working in a way that peoples msgs to daloria or other people only go to the intended person and not to alot more people

naithantu
28-04-2013, 06:46 PM
If you get messages that you were never supposed to get, then that's the fault of the player that sent the message. They can use tab to complete the name to make sure it goes to the correct player.
It might be a bit annoying for you when you get random messages occasionally, but I feel like disabling this would be much more annoying for everyone.

lordgandalf
28-04-2013, 08:15 PM
alrighty