PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): VIP enderchest

nirosu
07-06-2013, 02:45 PM
heya, I have an idea for a new VIP command,

/Enderchest (or for short /chest or something)

The command will open a window of the user's enderchest, it'll be realy helpfull for mining, building and everything, it's a good idea for a VIP perk, and don't come saying it's overpowered or something, cause you can always do anywhere a /spawn (or home) and go to the nearest enderchest, and then /back, also, let's not forget the drop-transfer that is pretty much alike, but with input only.

If we do enter this command, I'd like to give out some special restrictions, since it could be abused if not restricted.

The command may not be used in the PVP world, since it could be used for stealing items in an unfair way, or restock on armour or hide it before beeing killed, also don't forget cake defence, or any pvp arranged game.
the command should not be restricted in the end, since it doesn't mean much, no pvp.

About the nether I can't realy tell for sure, people may go pvp each other, and this may be realy helpfull for quartz mining and such (lava and all be dangerous), but since the nether is pvp and without rules (well, except for laying traps, which is forbidden everywhere) then the command is fair in nether pvp.

Well, I find this command realy usefull for mining, building, and many others, it can be also used for redstone building, or a lunchbox :3 but what that would realy make this command epic and not just helpfull, is making it:

/VIP Enderchest, shows a list of the enderchests name/number
/VIP Enderchest SetChest [name] -ya know that
/VIP Enderchest DelChest [name] (not sure about this one, if the chests be orginaized by numbers, this won't be needed, but if not, it should be added, and also it won't allow to delchest a not empty chest[in the note of that, empty chests don't give out any signal through comparators, so there's bound to be a way to check it] )
/VIP Enderchest [name] - accsess the wanted chest

Yes, the epic twist is having multiple enderchests avaible through the commands, maybe we can do this ike the extra homes, avaible more chests through donating! I'd say if so, maybe even give a member 1 enderchest command :) and VIP will have up to 3 without the extra chests.

The names of the chests help people to catagorize the chests. and also instead of having the long /enderchest or /vip enderchest, we could declare it as /chest or /box , box would be good :) or /storage even, in which case the default box would be /box Ender, which cannot be deleated, also, havingt double chests in the storage might be cool, but overpowered, but still, having acsess to ender chest + having a storage system sure helps!

Please comment with your opinions, do note it's not the final suggetions, in case there's a problem or something, the idea can be modified. :)

Edit:
I'd like to withdraw the idea of multiple chests with the command, I suggest only the command for enderchest accesss, since I find it as an upgrade in efficiency of the VIP powers of the /home command and the /back, rather than making it overpowered.

Charlotina
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't think this'll give the survival feeling anymore. As basicly you have 2 inventory's then.

Cats_say_moo
07-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Something about chests in chat, Doesn't seem right. Having to remember chests like the /home command. Overall I would probably say that its not Survival Aspect Material

nirosu
07-06-2013, 07:14 PM
well, it would be much more usefull for mining and building rather than surviving....

Telluur
07-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I can tell you this, the second part that's about the multiple enderchests is not going to happen. Saving an inventory is a shit ton of work, you have to keep in mind that every enchantment, potioneffect, custom itemnames etc should be saved as well. plus, the idea is like said above, basically, multiple inventories, which takes out the survival aspect.

The /enderchest command to access your enderchest could be implemeted. This has to be discussed by senior staff first though. Unluckily, jack isn't online for the weeked, thus we have to wait till the senior staff approves the suggestion.

For now, I put this on hold.

nirosu
07-06-2013, 08:37 PM

derp.

Hiddey
09-06-2013, 08:17 AM
The command will open a window of the user's enderchest, it'll be realy helpfull for mining, building and everything, it's a good idea for a VIP perk, and don't come saying it's overpowered or something, cause you can always do anywhere a /spawn (or home) and go to the nearest enderchest, and then /back, also, let's not forget the drop-transfer that is pretty much alike, but with input only.

I'm gonna say it anyway. It's overpowered. It's redundant. You already have the ability to, at your leisure, move around the map. Why would you need a second inventory if you can go back and forth from your workarea to your house in 10 seconds or less?

nirosu
09-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm gonna say it anyway. It's overpowered. It's redundant. You already have the ability to, at your leisure, move around the map. Why would you need a second inventory if you can go back and forth from your workarea to your house in 10 seconds or less?

the fact that it is possible prevents it from beeing overpowered, basicly VIPs can /home to store stuff, and then /back, and of course in that way they can store infinite items in infinite chests(theoreticly), but a command that gives access to enderchest is usefull, since VIPs won't be having a enderchest in all of their houses(I assume), it will just be a VIP perk that saves a few seconds, even minutes, since teleport itself takes 3 sec before having the ability to reteleport(/back), and it might take a few sec to load the chuncks, plus 1-3 sec of lag when opening the chests, not to talk about having to check multiple chests in case of not having one of them, or time to go to the chest. and of course loading the chunck on the way back.

This command is to improve efficiency, and not to grant new VIP superpowers, it just saves time.

I do agree that having the command with multiple chests is overpowered, and hard to do so, an enderchest can be used anywhere, but there's only one ender chest inventory.

I really looking forward to this command cause it saves tons of time and effort while building, especially in interior jobs, which need alot of mixture of decorative blocks with non decorative and such, it takes alot of place, I'm sure it might be needed for advenced exterior aswell, or as extra material place which is essesianal.

usualy there are lots of motions calling suggestions at VIP perks overpowered, I agree, but suggestions to make the already overpowered VIP features more efficient, AND NOT MORE OVERPOWERED(there is a diffrence), should be accepted/implanted, it won't realy increase the power of a VIP(not talking about the 2nd part of the multiple chests, that is overpowered), but rather improve it's quality.

Slacky
09-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Isn't necessary in my opinion. If you really want a second inventory while mining, just bring an enderchest with you and pick it up with silk touch. Problem solved.

nirosu
09-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Isn't necessary in my opinion. If you really want a second inventory while mining, just bring an enderchest with you and pick it up with silk touch. Problem solved.

if that's realy that easy, then a command would be no big deal. it makes VIP powers cooler(even if it's not that much of a use)

Someb0dy
10-06-2013, 11:17 AM
you can always use the lwc drop mode if you are bored to go back -->

http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?3815-VIP-VIP-Rank-Guide!

Hiddey
10-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Whoa, that dropmode is kinda neat. If the chunk with the receiving chest stays loaded, you could autosort and autosmelt with redstone and hoppers.

nirosu
11-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Whoa, that dropmode is kinda neat. If the chunk with the receiving chest stays loaded, you could autosort and autosmelt with redstone and hoppers.

that's why i'm saying that a command for a enderchest would only make VIP more efficient, and not over powered.

Hiddey
11-06-2013, 06:40 AM
You're still asking for two inventories, accessible from almost anywhere without any restrictions. To me, that makes it overpowered.

You already have a multitude to travel around the map at your whim as well as the lwc drop command. So I think /enderchest would be redundant too.

nirosu
11-06-2013, 06:52 AM
You're still asking for two inventories, accessible from almost anywhere without any restrictions. To me, that makes it overpowered.

You already have a multitude to travel around the map at your whim as well as the lwc drop command. So I think /enderchest would be redundant too.

without restriction ? I already listed where it shouldn't be, this command just makes it all more efficient, any VIP does't have any restriction to use /home then /back (xcept pvp, and the end(the end is a bit diffrent, can't /back from the end)) the thing is sometimes minecraft can crash from loading too many chuncks, which he loads while /home and the /back, si the enderchest command prevents lag and doesn't give any new power to VIPs, basicly if a vip uses their power coorrectly, it has over 1 inventory. so why call this overpowered if it just suggested to skip the lag and make the system more efficient and cool?

Hiddey
11-06-2013, 07:51 PM
without restriction ? I already listed where it shouldn't be, Which is why I said "almost anywhere." But as you suggest it, it can be used without any restrictions where it's available.

the thing is sometimes minecraft can crash from loading too many chuncks, I assume you mean your program crashes and not the server.

nirosu
11-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Which is why I said "almost anywhere." But as you suggest it, it can be used without any restrictions where it's available.
I assume you mean your program crashes and not the server.

of course, and others might crash/be slowed down, not a single command prevents the server from working or helps it work better, but about the client, that's something else.

naithantu
30-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Fairly sure essentials has something for this, so this is really easy to implement.
I'm not convinced that we really want this though, it's not bad, but not that many people seem to like it either (although I would quite like adding this and then removing the droptransfer, since I never liked that anyway)

nirosu
30-06-2013, 10:55 PM
I believe they do like the idea, but think it'll ruin the survivel aspect, making this for VIP won't do any harm, and of course with the right restrictions it'll work fine.

Stoux
10-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Just as OP as droptransfer.
Added /enderchest in the survival worlds. Will open your Enderchest.

PS. Revive.

nirosu
10-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Just as OP as droptransfer.
Added /enderchest in the survival worlds. Will open your Enderchest.

PS. Revive.

Is it restricted for VIP? as if it is OP as droptransfer, making it for everyone would be... OP?

Stoux
10-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Ofc VIP.