PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Interactive Boss Battle system

nirosu
19-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Heya there.

Nirosu The Dragon Hunter is here(I still have many more self proclaimed titles).

I've been thinking, and I reached a conclusion we should spice up Boss Battle system.

First, as suggested by others, 2 dragons a day, I agree with that, but my suggestion is not here for that, but I think it's required to have that feature to make sure this suggestion shall be efficient.

The interactive system is basicly spicing up the Dragon Boss battle, giving him the so called power of "invading" the chat.

it'll be based on auto generated(well, not auto generated, but random) sentences, and it'll appear before he's spawned, and 5-10 min after he's spawned (or when the end first loaded after restart) and when he reaches low health and when he dies. more times will be avaible, but I still have to explain what do I mean.

The Dragon will be given the power to talk... as a NPC, but to talk. he'll have messeges in chat at certain times and conditions, as mentioned in the sentence above, it'll taunt us before he's spawned, he'll taunt us when he's spawned, he'll threat us when he's half dead, and he'll have a death sentence when he dies, along with the sounds, which will make the battle system a little more epic and spiced up, and silence those people rapidly asking:"wen iz dragun?" or "com figt dragun!" ( when he's already dead, can't you check before making an army? sheesh)

I thought of doing similar system to Wither, but doing that interactive in overall chat is bad, since multiple withers can be spawned, but an inner chat system to display the system in the arena could be nice, a spawn and death messege for a wither.

now you ask, except for the fact it might help letting people know when dargon is coming or fighting, won't it be boring? Well.... No, it won't! cause the system will be totaly based on random behaviors, each dragon spawn will have a message chain of 4 unique personalities, each having unique sentences.

For example, 30 minutes before spawning, a message is shown:"I'll be reborn.... and I shall not be stopped..." -> that's the agressive/searious message chain -> "I've been ressurected! and I shall bring this world to an End!"(spawn) -> "You've yet to see the final form of my power~!"(half hp) -> "It can't be! No~~~! I will be back~"(death message)

of course, the messages are random, but they belong to the category of first messages.

Another chain would be the victim/lone type, featuring the Dragon as an helpless lost creature:"I'm almost there... so close to my freedom" -> "I've finally was born.... deep into this ethernal darknesss..." -> "Have mercy upon me!" -> "All I truly wanted... was a friend..."

Another message chain would be the comic chain, which wil feature jokes: "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our host for tonight! Enderdragon!" -> "The Dragon is in the house!" -> "Even my grandmother shoots better!" -> "But you've yet to hear my punch line.... arrrgh~"

The last message chain, The harmony/sage/wise type: "Prepare to meet thy fate" -> "I've been awoken by thy destiny, it is our fate to meet in battle" -> "Darkness and light are both sides of the same coin, one can't exist without the other" -> "All things must come to an End..."

making this system would spice up things, but notice things be random, I won't be writing all the sentences here, it's more exciting to hear them first on the battle field :)

About wither, it'll have less messages, no message chain, it'll have random spawning message and random death message, for example:"I've been waiting... time to die, mortal" -> "Ahhh~ it can't end like this.... not by the sword of a mere mortal~!"

Well that is my suggestion, feel free to suggest additional message chains, or any ideas to spice up things even more, I'm sure a perespawn message is possible, (as it is based on server time).

Sinecerely,
Nirosu,
Dragon Hunter, expert interiorist, master builder in training, pokemon trainer, forum maniac, infamous titlist, wolf, and more.

nirosu
19-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Update, with addition, I suggest each type of dragon will give diffrent types of extra rewards:

Agressive type:weapon enchant(excluding bow)

Comedy Type:a random spawn egg(maybe ocelot for you cat luvers, but at your own risk, you might fail to tame)

Loner type: an ore(might be a few ores, emerald, lapiz, gold,diamond)

Wise type: special enchant (fortune/silktouch/infinity/looting/flame)

and maybe also effects for each dragon:

agressive - no special effect

comedy - when End is regenerated, 25 chickens be in it

loner - when End is generated, 3 extra heal towers be in it

Wise - this might be harder to make, 2 ender dragons are spawned! but only the latter that dies gives rewards and egg.

Jackster21
19-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Instead of writing an essay, can you just write a few lines of text?

There is way too much there for us to read.

Thx.

Madkiller212
19-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Thx. Well...Jack , I'm sure he has an A+ in English.....

nirosu
19-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Well...Jack , I'm sure he has an A+ in English.....

I do.

But if I wrote it in "a few lines" it'll be like this:
"suggestion: making dragon say epic sentences, with 4 diffrent flavors, each flavor comes with special reward and tons of random messages! trust me it be good"

now, it seems like it has alot of information, but it basicly screams "I'm a noob that thinks everyone imagine like i imagine, and everyone loves the same food i like" , now, is this realy going to make you listen to a noob's suggestion or a suggestion that is made out of lots of thought and dedication, one would rather seem more searious.

Ryuuga
25-06-2013, 06:47 AM
I do.

But if I wrote it in "a few lines" it'll be like this:
"suggestion: making dragon say epic sentences, with 4 diffrent flavors, each flavor comes with special reward and tons of random messages! trust me it be good"

now, it seems like it has alot of information, but it basicly screams "I'm a noob that thinks everyone imagine like i imagine, and everyone loves the same food i like" , now, is this realy going to make you listen to a noob's suggestion or a suggestion that is made out of lots of thought and dedication, one would rather seem more searious.

maybe nirosu but unlike your essay people will read the entire post if you use just a few sentencess and if we need more clarfication we can ask and you can give it to us :D

Blake
25-06-2013, 07:09 AM

Thx.

Not Trying to be mean Jack Shouldnt you read the entire post if its a suggestion?

(I dont care if i misspelled something)

nirosu
25-06-2013, 12:24 PM
any comments about the suggestion itself and not about it's layout?

naithantu
28-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I already gave my opinion on this in the chat we had about a week ago, this topic doesn't seem to give any new better ideas.

Verdict: I do like the idea of making boss battles more interesting since they are rather boring by default, however this idea is a lot of work to make and it doesn't make the battles that much better. The fact that the bosses don't really have stages (something like extra spiders spawning in a boss battle, the main boss makes a comment about minions attack or something like that) makes it difficult to come up with decent messages, the lack of messages that this will cause will most likely make this more annoying than good after a while. Denied