PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Guide & Mod counselors

lordgandalf
05-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Just a wild idea i had today.
Would it be an idea to get 2 persons one guide/ex-guide and one mod/ex-mod and give them the roll of guide or mod counselors.
I noticed that alot of people think they are ready for the step but dont know if they know all they need to know.
A counselor would be a person who know what it is to be a guide/mod and who would be able to help those wanting to become guide/mod with some expert advice and some hints about things that are handy to be familiar with.
This could spread essential info over a longer periode instead of doing the course in one go and it would make a person to ask the questions about guide/mod-ship so that people can see if its some thing for them or not?

Its just something i was tinkering about after reading some stuff in the guide topic so let me know what you all think about this or which problems you all see with a construction like this

Jackster21
05-07-2013, 12:38 PM
When a user applies for Guide, the current staff all express their opinions on said person and say if they feel its an ideal step up. If people are rejected, they can request feedback from us.
They can use that feedback to improve for a future application, and by all means can speak to people if they so wish, however making that an 'official' role is a no go.

Same with Mods, the whole point in the 'Trial Mod' rank is so we can see how they are, and train them up, and they seek guidance from the current staff.
A lot changes in Slap Gaming, so old staff will not know the updated rules and regulations and will then be providing false information, that will do more harm than good.

- Rejected

lordgandalf
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
kk just a wild idea i had so i tried alrighty