PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): VIP lottery

nirosu
20-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Look in the comments for a shorter version and the concept of this thing, the whole "essay" is stating also how the idea should be done.

I have a suggestion to make the VIP experience more fun/valuable, by suggestion a special lottery that will take place once a day for VIP only.

This lottery is not like the general lottery taking place each hour that is avaible for all, but instead it takes "rolls" from VIPs once a day, and in the end of the day, it'll choose 1 winner and when he logs he'll get a notice of his win, and will have 24 hours (from the end of the lottery) to claim his reward using one of the lottery's commands.

Basicly, it's a daily lottery for VIPs, but this lottery's rewards are quite diffrent than the regular one, and also the requirements:

A VIP can participate with the lottery, but it costs 5$ ( in game money of course) to participate in it, and the lottery will only take place when at least 4 people are participating.

unlike the reward in a usual lottery, the reward is one access to a a system similar to VIP grant, with only one grant, in other words, a choice between rewards, and to spice it up, there is a choice between 3 rewards, but the choices/rewards are random, and are chosen randomly based on the number of participants and luck.

Also each Sunday, the VIP Lottery will cost 20$(in game money) and require 6 people to participate, this lottery will have special and more valuable rewards, including the money gathered throughout the week by the lottery system, excluding the sunday lottery's participation fee, that if added it would be too overpowered.

Possible Rewards(these are suggested rewards, and they might need changes):

Common(low number of participants):1-3 iron bars, 2-5 coal, 32 quartz, gold tools, low enchanted books, cake, diamond, 3-9 books, 10 fireworks,16/32 glowstone, 1-3 redstone blocks.

Uncommon(about 9-13 participants):1-2 iron block, medium enchanted books, 2-5 diamonds, 64 cookies, diamond tools, 16-20 books, animal/mob spawn egg(not including villager, ocelot, horse, wolf, may be spider, skelly and zombie), 1-4 emeralds, 50$(will appear as paper with this tooltip).

Rare(14+ participants):3-5 iron blocks, diamond block, emerald block, rare enchanted books, spawn egg(horse/villager/wolf/ocelot), extra vip grant(adds one grant for only the current day of the reward, appears as paper with a tooltip), 100$, 1-2 mob head, enchantment table.

Sunday Lottery Rewards(the amount is based on participants): 1-3 diamond blocks, 1-3 emerald blocks, 1-2 dragon eggs, extra vip grant, VIP time extention(only avaible for none-lifetime vip, gives 5 extra vip days), spawn egg, 1-3 super golden apples, 2-5 gold blocks, 1-3 mob heads, nether star(low low low chance for that), and any UnCommon - Rare class reward of other day's lottery.

If the rewards are too much, we can:

Raise the lottery participation price to 25 - 75( and the money gathered for the sunday lottery will be reduced by 50%), raise the sunday lottery participation price to 50-100, or lower amount of rewards, or maybe both in case of OP.

Also, there's also a possibility of making this a system for member+, but that would require less reward quality, excluding sunday lottery.

Edit:
restrictions:
no ability to claim prize anywhere except survival inventory/world(s) . well, that's all basicly for restrictions.... and one participation per day after you win you can't participate on the day of the award(unless someone objects to that, I just think it's fair)...

Jackster21
20-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Nirosu for the final time,

STOP WRITING ESSAYS! -,-

I don't know about everyone else, but all I ever do with your posts is go "too long - didn't read"

You don't need to write that much info!!

But yeah, unless someone summaries this is a few lines, i'm not reading all that.

Yannis_Ofzo
20-07-2013, 05:52 PM
TL;DR
1 Lottery for VIP's every 24 hours
- 4+ participants needed Mon-Sat, 5$ entry fee
- 6+ participants needes Sun 20$ entry fee

- Mon - Sat = tier 4, 3 and 2 items (more paticipants = better tier)
- Sun = Tier 1 items (with beacon very rare)

Value of fee's and rewards TBD

Personal opinion: Looks good, but make sure the rewards get balanced out well, as if it isn't perfectly balanced, stuff might drop in value.

nirosu
20-07-2013, 05:59 PM

STOP WRITING ESSAYS! -,-

I don't know about everyone else, but all I ever do with your posts is go "too long - didn't read"

But yeah, unless someone summaries this is a few lines, i'm not reading all that.

A special daily lottery for VIP (or member if it's too much for VIP).

Reward is based by number of participants, and there will be a cost in order to participate in that lottery.

and a Sunday lottery with better rewards with higher cost in order to participate.

That's it for short, all the other i wrote is the functional part and not only the concept.

more or less what yannis shorted :)

Blake
20-07-2013, 06:00 PM

STOP WRITING ESSAYS! -,-

Jack Why dont you get someone to read it for you? Nirosu This is a Great idea I support it 100% and keep writing the essays

Someb0dy
20-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Suggestion:
Soo Nirosu seems to suggest a VIP lottery which would happen once a day every day (1 winner, 24h notice to accept award) except Sunday which will be a special VIP lottery.

Requirements:
It will have somekind of entry cost (5$) and it would require at least 4 people to make a roll. Except Sunday's lottery which will require 20$ entry and at least 6 people to make a roll.

Reward System:
When someone wins the lottery, they will have access to a menu like /vip grant and choose their reward out of a number of randomized stuff depending on the number of participants ( the items are mentioned in the original post).
Also, Sunday's lottery except the rewards mentioned above for the normal days it will have an extra reward, the total sum of money gathered from the Monday-Saturday lotteries.

Pretty much that's it. (He suggests some corrections in the end if some stuff of those seem OP).

Edit: oh as it seems people got there before me :P

nirosu
20-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I wonder who won the prize for the best short way to summerize my essay.... probably not me :P

naithantu
20-07-2013, 06:13 PM
If we add another lottery in which you need to pay to enter, then I see no reason to limit this to VIPs.
Not too sure about the suggestion, it's not really bad, but I don't think it would really add that much either.

xiTropicz
20-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I would suggest a bigger entry price, just to up the ante, i mean to make a beacon you nead a nether star which is worth 25,000 and a few diamond blocks if im correct? and $20 for a chance to win something as big as that in it's self just seems OP.I would suggest a price of around $500 - $1000 depending on the amount of players rolling. and $100 - $500 on week days. lower players rolling means higher price of course.

But yea i really like the idea.

jimred9
22-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I think it is a great idea, but do we want to (kinda) promote gambling on the server?

Stoux
22-07-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm against this. The current hourly roll works so great because you don't have to do anything except from /roll. With something like that you have to buy tickets, do bets, chech when it's starting/done etc etc.
Just the current lottery is fine with me.

nirosu
23-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I'm against this. The current hourly roll works so great because you don't have to do anything except from /roll. With something like that you have to buy tickets, do bets, chech when it's starting/done etc etc.
Just the current lottery is fine with me.

not that of a hard thing, a command like /ping that will return a message saying: "the daily lottery ends at midnight at -1 GMT"(the time i entered is kinda derp :P not sure of it). the lottery also starts at the same time ( 0:01 am), or we could do it once 24 hours at the time of the restart, which isn't likely, also tickets are not much of a hassle, one ticket per person, and the tickets have not much of a numberic value which the highest wins, just an ID number that is randomly chosen by the console.

The current Lottery is cute, but a daily lottery, or even just a sunday lottery could add much to the server's experience, it'll give people all the more reason to log in here and there and have some fun :)

jimred9
23-07-2013, 10:35 AM
It's a good idea but it should be opened to everyone. Maybe VIPs get an advantage or 2 tickets instead of one for them?

Jackster21
24-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Rejected - Not something I feel should be implemented at this stage.