PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Event World

nirosu
22-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Shortened Version is available at the comments.

Greetings fellow members, VIPs and Staff.

I want to suggest an extra world that will be open on special events... the event world.

Before you go saying either "Omg, we totaly need this" or "it's quite a waste of space", I must say I a bit agree with both, so in case a world is impossible, an area/zone can be made instead.

My suggestion is more about the event part than the need of an event world, as we already managed with the survival world for events before.

I suggest an "Event World" that will hold a seasonal festival decorated by staff members(including staff possibly) that will take place each 3 months, during these festivals, there will be a festival market featuring seasonal goods for reduced prices, like cheap snow at winter, cheap flowers and flower pots at spring, and such.

It may be possible to give a special kind of currency that can be used during events that will be known as Event Points, will be recieved by playing event world attractions(which I will explain now)

Event World, or at least the idea, will feature attractions, special games or renovations of existing games according to the event or the season.
Attraction for Event World: Seasonal PvP maps(maybe a tournament :D ), seasonal spleef (winter - ice, spring - leaves) , Seasonal Decoration of Cake Defence(fall - pumpkin pie defence? :P), build contest, parkour/race track.

If event points will be implanted, than of course it will allow purchase of special rewards which some might be available during special times for example(these are the extreme and expensive rewards available): 12 days of VIP-mas(Christmas), Hoe Hoe Hoe(golden hoe with silk touch and unbreaking III, available at Christmas), Headless horseman(gives one horse mutation slot, and maybe a limited access to /head, available at Halloween), Hostile mob eggs(Halloween), VIP Beach Entry(10 days of VIP, available at summer), Fireworks pack(Summer).

Many more fun activities and stuff could be implanted into this idea :)

Rest of the post is an even more specific explanation of the system :

Seasonal Market items(suggested, please suggest if you think of anything to add):
Winter(Christmas) :
Discounted/available in the Market:Snow, Ice, Wool, Cake, Cookies, Wolf, Sheep, Wither Star(20,000$), Ender "giftbox"(5,000$), pine wood(aka spruce), carrot, coal.
Special: Hoe Hoe Hoe!(iron gold and diamond hoes in discounted price), Lump of Coal(Coal Block), snow layer(thin snow), milk(included with cheap bucket :) )
Event Points: Hoe Hoe Hoe!(golden Hoe with silk touch and unbreaking III), Lump of Coal(Wither skull), 12 Days of VIP-mas, Socks(Leather Shoes with feather falling III and protection I), Snow Edge plot(a snowy town with big plots)
Market's Look/theme: Gingerbread House / Huge Chimney

Spring(Easter) :
Discounted: Mob Eggs, Flower Pots, Trees, vines, flowers, Mossy Cobble/brick, lily pads, Carrot, bricks and chiseled stone.
Special: Ferns(jungle grass thingy), egg, Dragon Egg(5,000)
Event Points: Dragon Egg, extra sethome(1).
Market Look/Theme: Garden/Greenhouse
Special Event: Easter Egg Hunt!

Summer(Fireworks Festival/Beach Party) :
Discounted: Sand n sandstone, firework creation section, Fish(raw), watermelon(block), fire resistance potion.
Special: Respiration Enchantment book I, Aqua Infinity Enchantment Book I, Wooden Shovel/spade(with unbreaking III and efficiency II, for sand castles :P)
Event Points: VIP beach entry(10 days VIP), Fireworks Set(maybe yes maybe not.), Emerald Coast Plot(beach/ocean biome town with big plots)
Event:Sand Sculptures contest!
Market Look/Theme: Beach Shack / Aquarium Gift Shop

Autumn(Halloween) :
Discounted: Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin, nether related blocks, soul sand, cobweb, dead bush, mycelium, apple, mob heads, mossy cobble/brick, cauldron.
Special: Wither skull, TNT(it depends).
Event Points: Limited access to /head, 1 extra horse mutation, Hostile Mob Eggs, Nether Star, nether plot(available to members).
Market Look/Them: Graveyard/Haunted Mansion Room/Abandoned school
Event: Ctf Map-Haunted mansion, Spleef - Void(a bigger spleef arena at bedrock level), Dual Dragon Raids: 2 enderdragons spawn for the event period instead of one.

Feel free to suggest about these ^

P.S-This might be ALOT of work, but I believe it should be added next Autumn, it might take time, but remember that holidays comes once a year, if too o/p that can be arranged, i'm basically suggesting seasonal festivals

nirosu
22-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Shorter Version for Jack and etc. :

Making an Event World/Zone/Area that will host seasonal festivals each 3 months.

The seasonal festivals will include a special shop, holiday/seasonal themed minigames, build contest, and maybe a special currency system for special store that can be received during events at minigames, and can get special time-limited perks for the holiday spirit.

In case of O/P or objection or some sort, the specific details can be changed, the main thing is to do seasonal Festival each 3 months with seasonal attractions..

P.S
I've made a graph to show you why it is good :)
Seasonal Events ====> People joining and old members returning and unite === (Insert special holiday Donation packs) ===> More VIPs and such ===================> Pizza.

Jackster21
22-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Rejected

nirosu
22-07-2013, 05:05 PM
>.> was the idea good?

jimred9
22-07-2013, 08:51 PM
>.> was the idea good?

YEA!!! it's really good, I wonder why it was rejected...

nirosu
23-07-2013, 07:13 AM
YEA!!! it's really good, i wonder why it was rejected...

yes, I wonder why >.>