PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Tab Name Colors

roodypatooty
23-07-2013, 02:40 AM
Hello,

This is just a thought, but every time i log into the server and there are a lot of people it sometimes gets confusing who is who. I was wondering if it was possible to color code names on the tab names page to see what everyone is, to help locate mods etc... easier. Anyway just a thought. Please don't shoot my idea down :) It might be a lot easier for new players who don't know many people to get to know who they are and what "rank" they are, it would be much faster than waiting to see in the chat.

Thanks,

Roody

Madkiller212
23-07-2013, 03:24 AM
I actually love this idea

roodypatooty
23-07-2013, 04:40 AM
I actually love this idea

Thanks! :D

nirosu
23-07-2013, 07:13 AM
I don't think we should color each and every name, but maybe having one name white, one grey, one white, in a checkered pattern could be a bit helpful, but it's a bit hard to do this, well, maybe a bit annoying

roodypatooty
23-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't think we should color each and every name, but maybe having one name white, one grey, one white, in a checkered pattern could be a bit helpful, but it's a bit hard to do this, well, maybe a bit annoying

It doesn't even have to be like completely colored. Maybe just like a colored dot or something next to the name, I'm just saying it gets crazy to identify people when there are like 20 or so people.

naithantu
23-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Not a bad idea, not completely sure if color coding everyones names is a good thing though, might make the list a bit messy. Color coding all staff names sounds quite nice though

nirosu
23-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Not a bad idea, not completely sure if color coding everyones names is a good thing though, might make the list a bit messy. Color coding all staff names sounds quite nice though

yea, that is reasonable... also VIP coloring might be possible... no?

roodypatooty
23-07-2013, 04:12 PM
I like the idea of just having staff color coded. That would be good. And maybe the VIP thing. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

SparkleUnidog
23-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I think haveing every coloured to what their rank are is a good idea. I believe Jack is the only one coloured since he is the owner, but having staff and Guides coloured at least would be useful for when players and new players join.

roodypatooty
24-07-2013, 12:18 AM
I think haveing every coloured to what their rank are is a good idea. I believe Jack is the only one coloured since he is the owner, but having staff and Guides coloured at least would be useful for when players and new players join.

I Agree it would be most useful for new players and ones who just logged in. Thanks for the feedback and support.

roodypatooty
25-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Is There a way to keep a status on the progress of this if it is taken into consideration? Thanks.

Stoux
09-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Started on this last night. Players will be displayed by rank, each in their own colour. Only thing I'm not sure of yet is if there should be a header thingy above each group displaying the name of the rank.

Just a warning for anyone who gets excited for this: I cannot guarantee that we will implement this. It is very depended on another plugin, and I am not sure if that plugin is still being managed or not.

roodypatooty
09-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Started on this last night. Players will be displayed by rank, each in their own colour. Only thing I'm not sure of yet is if there should be a header thingy above each group displaying the name of the rank.

Just a warning for anyone who gets excited for this: I cannot guarantee that we will implement this. It is very depended on another plugin, and I am not sure if that plugin is still being managed or not.

Thanks for starting it. Even if it doesn't end up perfect or in-game thanks for taking your time to work on it. I really appreciate it.

Stoux
10-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Done & on the server.

roodypatooty
10-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Done & on the server.

thanks so much. It looks really good.