PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Gate exemption

Wackmo
26-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Hello!
I'm having trouble getting pictures into this thread, because my computer won't let me access my screenshots, but hopefully you'll get what I am talking about.

One of my favorite little additions on the server is the [gate] thing that you can put on a sign and cause fences to lift in a gate-like way. However, I've been a but perturbed by this command causing other fences that are not meant to be part of the gate to lift up. For example, the windows in my horse barn are made of fences, and the windows lift every time i right click the sign along with the gate. I know that I could just move the real gate and stuff, or activate it using redstone, but I know other people have been annoyed by the same thing, and I think this could be an easy solve(although I'm no modder).

Could we have a command, similar to /lock (where you punch to add wg protection to signs), to fences where you could exempt them from being lifted by [gate] signs? Its quite simple but I think would be a nice little addition to the server.

Or it could just be me. :/

Thanks!
Wack

Nankuse
26-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Not just you, I noticed it on a friends stable as well as my own. It's not a game breaker on mine, but on my friends it lifts every fence which creates issues with the horses possibly getting out.

<edit> Spelling fix.

nirosu
27-07-2013, 06:58 AM
This is actually a bug, locked gates used to not open.

Wackmo
27-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Nirosu, I mean the [gate] thing on signs that lifts fences, not the actual fence gates

naithantu
27-07-2013, 08:36 PM
This has been fixed.

Nirosu, I mean the [gate] thing on signs that lifts fences, not the actual fence gates
Could you post coordinates (& world), I could try and change settings until this doesn't happen anymore. The settings for gates are exactly the same as we used to have them, but apparently updating the plugin changed the way it works :(

Wackmo
07-08-2013, 10:47 PM
This has been fixed.

Could you post coordinates (& world), I could try and change settings until this doesn't happen anymore. The settings for gates are exactly the same as we used to have them, but apparently updating the plugin changed the way it works :(

Sorry naith. Forgot about this one. coords are (new survival)