PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Having a 1v1 Arena

Blake
27-07-2013, 05:06 AM
Hello Blake here and i was thinking how there is alot of people who like to 1v1 each other in the PvP arena, but there is always other people interfering. So the people get mad and such. So i would like to suggest that we create it. If you don't want to create it its fine its just a suggestion. I thought it would be nice to put it out there.

nirosu
27-07-2013, 07:00 AM
usually, you can just use the nether for that.

Blake
27-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Yea but most the time in the nether the Pigmen are mad at you, ghast shoot at ya or even you things could get burned up or fall in lava.

nirosu
27-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Make an arena there, a closed one >.>

SparkleUnidog
27-07-2013, 09:10 PM
But then wouldn't everyone who wanted to have a 1vs1 arena had to make one as well? There would be clutters of arenas all over the Nether. Not to meantion only VIPs can have WGs there, so any player could break in.

If I remember correctly, a while ago players were asking for more PVP games and Arenas to use in the PVP world, and were then challanged to make them themselves to have copied to the PVP world or something? Is that still happening or am I thinking of something completely different? :S

nirosu
27-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Well, I'm always rooting for more pvp arenas, but i'm not sure if 1 vs 1 could be that needed, if we had multiple arenas, it could be easier to mask where your battle is, using msg, however, creating pvp rooms is probably possible as well,

Blake
28-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Then we could have other types of arenas. But I think we should have at least a 1 v 1 arena.

Wackmo
28-08-2013, 11:16 PM
PVP is a risky thing on this server, mostly because a supposed 1v1 turns into a 2v1 etc. I have nothing against this. You go in the arena, you take that chance.

But the great thing about having a 1v1 arena would be that you could duel people for a challenge, for fun, for loot, for heads,for whatever. And you could win because of your pvp skills. Not because you recruited people to come in and bail you out. I have no idea how it would be done (idk, like a sign that you right click to join, and there are only two spots, kinda like pvp games?) but I really like this idea.

Just my two cents.
Wack

horsegal00
29-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I like the idea. It will stop people complaining at others for 'ruining their PvP fun' and stop them complaining at staff about someone interupting them fighting. Only downside is I won't be able to go, kill people, get loot and leave :P

Ryuuga
30-08-2013, 10:54 AM
I like the idea. It will stop people complaining at others for 'ruining their PvP fun' and stop them complaining at staff about someone interupting them fighting. Only downside is I won't be able to go, kill people, get loot and leave :P
not that I'm against it but I do see some down sides to this:
1. how would you prevent multiple people (like 3-4) entering instead of only 2 people?
2. we would multiple arena's (no one likes to wait to use a pvp arena)
3. Do you seriously think people will ever stop complaining about pvp? ( it's basically a high risk bet in which you bet all or nothing once you enter any arena and the loser always have something to complain about if he wants to)

horsegal00
30-08-2013, 11:03 AM
3. Do you seriously think people will ever stop complaining about pvp? ( it's basically a high risk bet in which you bet all or nothing once you enter any arena and the loser always have something to complain about if he wants to)

No, they never will. But it will reduce the amount of people that complain about other people coming in and 'ruining their fun'

Cats_say_moo
31-08-2013, 04:56 AM
1. how would you prevent multiple people (like 3-4) entering instead of only 2 people?
2. we would multiple arena's (no one likes to wait to use a pvp arena)

Im sure its possible to make a Redstone gate similar to the old pvp arena (Speef Arena) and have a 1v1 player arena out of it :/, It shouldn't take multiple arenas thou if at all possible once both sides are ready for the pvp arena have it to say they have about 15 min till pvp arena reset? Reset being tping the players out of the pvp arena giving other players a chance?

Wackmo
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Commenting to pull this back into people's attention. I like the idea. Can we get some new opinions or maybe some admin comments about if this is doable?

honkin_pigs
05-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Commenting to pull this back into people's attention. I like the idea. Can we get some new opinions or maybe some admin comments about if this is doable?

Well im currently in the middle of making a small arena, i was told by sparkle however that players arent allowed their arenas to have pvp enabled, but i know that other players have had this done, im more than willing to donate an arena to being a 1v1 arena, im also working on building a spleef arena, stoux said we need a new one :)

SparkleUnidog
05-09-2013, 02:56 PM
That was what I was told ages ago Honkin, but from what another Admin has told me, the rule may have changed (this also seems bacjed up since you said other players have arenas for PVP already). But you'll need to speak to either Naith and/or Jack about it, as we may still be wrong. :3

honkin_pigs
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
That was what I was told ages ago Honkin, but from what another Admin has told me, the rule may have changed (this also seems bacjed up since you said other players have arenas for PVP already). But you'll need to speak to either Naith and/or Jack about it, as we may still be wrong. :3

I have a foolproof plan of getting my arena to have PVP enabled now sparkle :3

i plan on asking naith or tellur next time i see either online, but if i'm denied then maybe a pizza will get sent jack's way for a little bit of bribery ;)

Jackster21
07-09-2013, 02:20 PM
I support this feature, and If I can fix my current issues with MC I'll make a 1v1 arena at the start in the PvP world, then ask the Plugin Geniuses to make it all work.

Cats_say_moo
09-09-2013, 11:21 PM
There isnt really a need to add a plugin based feature to this thou is there? Cant we just use the system used before?
http://i.imgur.com/x0l3tWM.png
http://i.imgur.com/nRpRuUF.png

nirosu
10-09-2013, 04:19 AM
There isnt really a need to add a plugin based feature to this thou is there? Cant we just use the system used before?

plugin based 1 vs. 1 is better, considering the fact people tend to over-press buttons and levers and such, also, having multiple "rooms" for pvp is a great advantage, and saves place and spare your computer from minor redstone lags(that, well, happen with weak internet/computer)

honkin_pigs
10-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Well i've built a 1V1 arena that jack seemed to like, he just had a couple requirements that i've now implemented, so the arena is more or less ready provided he likes the updated version, the plugin for it is whats needed next i beleive :)

http://i.imgur.com/U450gSo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NeyGHNw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/utGC1PI.jpg

Stoux
15-09-2013, 11:43 PM
It's located left of the PVP arena. The plugin part is done, will be available in the next version of SlapHomebrew.