PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (In Progress): PvP - Bannable Offence Suggestion

horsegal00
30-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Because of a minor argument we had on the server today, I have decided to post a suggestion which is more for Naith/Jack to think about.

Basically my suggestion is to make logging off in the PvP arena (and being logged off for more than 15 minutes) a bannable offence, because this way it prevents players from logging off in the PvP arena adn then logging in lets say and hour later, whilst people are fighting and then suddently killing them/being killed.

Ryuuga
30-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Because of a minor argument we had on the server today, I have decided to post a suggestion which is more for Naith/Jack to think about.

Basically my suggestion is to make logging off in the PvP arena (and being logged off for more than 15 minutes) a bannable offence, because this way it prevents players from logging off in the PvP arena adn then logging in lets say and hour later, whilst people are fighting and then suddently killing them/being killed.

Just to clarify.
I presume with this you mean the actual pvp-enabled area right? not the entire pvp arena/pvp world?
I was around during this argument and basically someone who was left alone in the arena logged off while inside the gate /pvp-enabled area an logged back on later on and killed a random unfortunate pvp'er if I remember correctly.

Stoux
31-07-2013, 01:08 AM
I do not think this should be a bannable offensive. It's about the same as managing to get to a different gate and then attacking someone from behind (surprise attack). The person did not log out while fighting, nor where there any players in the arena to fight with.

Cats_say_moo
31-07-2013, 03:15 AM
If anything id suggest not having it a bannable offense but if the player is timed out in pvp due to internet loss or something of the sorts they would be tp'ed back to spawn or if they left the server by disconnecting themselves and are in the pvp arena have it auto jail them for a certain amount of time?

Madkiller212
31-07-2013, 04:12 AM
If anything id suggest not having it a bannable offense but if the player is timed out in pvp due to internet loss or something of the sorts they would be tp'ed back to spawn or if they left the server by disconnecting themselves and are in the pvp arena have it auto jail them for a certain amount of time?

Is there even a way to tell if they lagged out? Because that is a VERY important part

Cats_say_moo
31-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Is there even a way to tell if they lagged out? Because that is a VERY important part
When a player leaves the server i believe it tells console that that player disconnected from the server however if a player lags out on the server i believe it sends a different message to console saying Timed Out or something of the sorts

Madkiller212
31-07-2013, 05:12 PM
When a player leaves the server i believe it tells console that that player disconnected from the server however if a player lags out on the server i believe it sends a different message to console saying Timed Out or something of the sorts

Ah, alright then :D

naithantu
31-07-2013, 05:14 PM

Yes and no. If you quit by pressing the disconnect button then the reason is "quitting", but all other ways of disconnecting all count as timed out (closing minecraft by simply closing the window).

Madkiller212
31-07-2013, 05:44 PM
but all other ways of disconnecting all count as timed out (closing minecraft by simply closing the window).

So, they could just press ESC and close minecraft? Thats not very fair

naithantu
31-07-2013, 06:25 PM
So, they could just press ESC and close minecraft? Thats not very fair

Uh... I was saying that checking for the disconnect reason doesn't work (it's been suggested as anti pvp log measures before, but it's pretty pointless for that since it's so easy to bypass it).

I'll make something so if you log in inside the pvp arena that you will be teleported to spawn.

Wackmo
31-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I'll make something so if you log in inside the pvp arena that you will be teleported to spawn.

I don't see any logic behind a person purposefully logging off the server in the arena other than to escape death. Most people can wait the ten seconds of /leave.

I'm also worried that this will be the newest way to pvp log because not only does logging out keep you from dying, but it also gets you out of the arena. People can pull the, "oh I was lagging, but now I'm not in the arena" card.

Not mention, I often lag in pvp and the only way to stop the lag is to relog. I'd rather not be tp'd to spawn when I relog in pvp for a good reason and I'm not in combat.

I'm no mod, but I think that the current pvp logging rules should stick, and if a person chooses to log out for a long time in the arena, they should face the consequences.

naithantu
31-07-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't see any logic behind a person purposefully logging off the server in the arena other than to escape death.

Not mention, I often lag in pvp and the only way to stop the lag is to relog.

You are sort of contradicting yourself there.... :p

Anyway, we want to stop players from logging in inside the arena because they might log in while others are in there as well. Not sure why being tp'd to spawn when you log in would really be an issue, if you want to be in the arena you could just walk back... it's not that far.

Wackmo
31-07-2013, 07:08 PM
You are sort of contradicting yourself there.... :p

Anyway, we want to stop players from logging in inside the arena because they might log in while others are in there as well. Not sure why being tp'd to spawn when you log in would really be an issue, if you want to be in the arena you could just walk back... it's not that far.

true. and sorry about the contradiction. I meant people logging out for the purpose of logging out. NOt logging out to log back in a few seconds. I'm not so much concerned about the spawn thing for me as I am concerned that it will be a pvp logging tool.