PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Suggestion-ish? PvP enabled Arena

MohDaol
09-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey there to all staff members! Pretty much what the suggestion is, is me asking if it would be possible to PvP enable an arena in my kingdom

The Globe from afar. WORK IN PROGRESS

The area itself is called the globe. basically the idea was to have a minecart (Underwater) leading to the Globe's entrance: The Universal Lobby. From there, we will have a bunch of rules shown for the arena. And the main plan is to have an arena in which givebacks are a must.

Anyway, continuing on, from the lobby, the plan was to have 3 lifts, from each side, leading up to the top half of the globe, in which the actual PvP takes place.

My suggestion/question was that, would you guys accept having an arena here? AND, would it be possible to have lifts taking you up to the arena, and have PvP AUTOMATICALLY activated? Aswell as having /leave implemented to take you back to the lobby.

I know this idea might get shot down immediately, but I hope you'll give us a chance. BE AWARE, the globe is not in the middle of nowhere, it is located in a massive scale project kingdom called Arthen, work in progress obviously. If you want to see the dedication we have to make this kingdom, please check out: http://forums.slapgaming.com/showthread.php?8428-Welcome-to-the-land-of-Arthen!&highlight=arthen

The top half of the globe, where PvP will take place. There will be ground, obviously :P WORK IN PROGRESS

So you might be asking? What's the use of this when we already have a PvP arena for the server. Well, to be honest, not much. BUT, we wanted to make a place in the kingdom, to increase the, well, coolness factor of the kingdom, ASWELL as having a place were all players can have a friendly PvP match where givebacks ARE a must, and, might be bannable if you don't give back items. When I asked about givebacks in the regular server arena, my answer from someone ( I don't remember who :/) Was that if you say you want to do givebacks in PvP, it is STILL allowed that you don't give back the items. Which is why we want to continue on with this project, to have a safe friendly PvP arena for all players :)

Thanks for considering the project, it would be a huge shame to have all our work on the globe to go to waste

EDIT: If the idea for a PvP arena gets accepted, but it is not possible for the lifts to automatically PvP enable, then please suggest any other ideas you may have :)

EDIT2: Naith has enabled a PvP arena for JUST two people in the past, so, that's pretty much where I got the idea for this from, and I hope naith will look into something like this again :D

ALSO: Maybe a question you might have about the lifts. What's to stop players from escaping PvP with using the lift to go back down? Well, naith or anybody else can just /cprivate the signs :)

MohDaol
10-08-2013, 08:32 PM
er, no replies? :P

Cats_say_moo
11-08-2013, 05:01 AM
The problem is with this suggestion is that if you have a arena for pvp that is good for you but we arent able to make it pvp enabled for you. If it was given to you then others would want it. Mr naithantu i believe is still looking for pvp maps but for arena's im not entirely sure.

There is only 1 pvp arena in the regular survival world that is in the staff city. The others being in the pvp world. If pvp arena's were given out to all players it would degrade the server in a way that shows sloppiness given pvp arena's in all worlds and everywhere.

naithantu
11-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Nah, I've created small pvp areas for certain guilds in the past. Contact me when it's done and I might also pvp enable this. :)

The arena needs to have good gates with warning signs that it is pvp enabled and you need to make sure only people you trust use it. If there are problems with this arena (people whining about pvp-logging since you can /spawn in that arena, giveback rage etc.) then the pvp area will be removed.

MohDaol
11-08-2013, 04:37 PM
The problem is with this suggestion is that if you have a arena for pvp that is good for you but we arent able to make it pvp enabled for you. If it was given to you then others would want it. Mr naithantu i believe is still looking for pvp maps but for arena's im not entirely sure.

There is only 1 pvp arena in the regular survival world that is in the staff city. The others being in the pvp world. If pvp arena's were given out to all players it would degrade the server in a way that shows sloppiness given pvp arena's in all worlds and everywhere.

I know where you're coming from, but:

Nah, I've created small pvp areas for certain guilds in the past. Contact me when it's done and I might also pvp enable this. :)

The arena needs to have good gates with warning signs that it is pvp enabled and you need to make sure only people you trust use it. If there are problems with this arena (people whining about pvp-logging since you can /spawn in that arena, giveback rage etc.) then the pvp area will be removed.

As naith said, he has created arenas for people in the past. I know that it WOULD feel a bit sloppy, but I, along with many other people, would feel that the staff and community of the server are really open (Which they are!).

So yes, having many of them would feel sloppy, but we don't have many ;)

Thanks for the reply anyway cats :) And thanks for accepting the idea naith, i'll try to get the place done soon :P

MohDaol
12-08-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm almost done with the build! I'll contact you ingame soon.

I don't think there would be many problems with PvP logging in here, since the aim of this PvP arena is to make a safe givebacks only arena. If somebody uses /spawn to get out, it would be pretty much the same as them getting killed then getting their items back.

Speaking of givebacks, I was thinking that we could make that quite strict. What would the consequence be for not giving items back? Temp-ban or something like that? I'd be sure to state multiple times that givebacks are a must in Loud red colours if it were to be a bannable offense