PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Senior Member

nirosu
20-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Heya, I've got a suggestion, as I don't want to make much of an essay, I'd write it in short and leave it up to you to suggest/ discuss removal or addition of details.

My suggestion is basically giving something special to the members who've been here for so long :D in order to remind them Slap-Gaming is a home they are always welcome in:
Members who have been playing on the server for over 2 years will get a title called "Senior Member" (or something).
At Each of a members Anniversary, a member will receive 2 extra sethomes and 7 day VIP*(or 2,500 ingame cash for lifetime VIP) for the celebration of a full year of membership, the sethomes is a little reminder of having Slap-Gaming as a home that our members are always welcome, especially those who've been with us all these years.

My Suggestion is also not meant to affect already old members(such as I), and will take place only from the day it would be implanted, a player must log in the day of anniversary to receive the rewards, and will get a reminder 5 days before the anniversary(and everyday since).

If it does sounds too much, or too less, just comment :3

*- The VIP received at each Anniversary does not include extra VIP sethomes nor VIP bonus of 2,500 ingame cash at join as VIP.

lordgandalf
20-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I like the idea about some recogniction for members who are active for a long time kinda like a badge but the VIP and sethomes will cost the server because those people wont buy VIP etc.
maybey you could get a chat message and a cake for the person on the server for 1+ the first year maybey only the title ?

nirosu
20-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I like the idea about some recogniction for members who are active for a long time kinda like a badge but the VIP and sethomes will cost the server because those people wont buy VIP etc.
maybey you could get a chat message and a cake for the person on the server for 1+ the first year maybey only the title ?

a 7 day VIP per year....? that would take about 50 years to reach a full year of VIP, 7 days a year is ok, instead of 2 sethomes, even one is enough, but people aren't going to be that patient, but yet it'll finally show them the benefits of being a VIP and having extra sethomes.

Cats_say_moo
20-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Some of the issues i can see of this being added is, How would this affect the normal member status? And Why add another rank as a Old Slap Player if they wouldn't get any specific perms?

However I like the idea of being able to know how long a player has been on the server for but i honestly dont think they would be able to look at the logs from when the server started to add everyone.

nirosu
20-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Some of the issues i can see of this being added is, How would this affect the normal member status? And Why add another rank as a Old Slap Player if they wouldn't get any specific perms?

However I like the idea of being able to know how long a player has been on the server for but i honestly dont think they would be able to look at the logs from when the server started to add everyone.

It's not about the logs, it's about membership date on forums, really old players (out of logs) would be automaticly classified "senior members", the senior title won't apply to VIP nor builder, and it is based on the day that the person became a member.

Stoux
20-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Meh, not really siked about this. I prefer less ranks, instead of more (like how S. Admin got removed). And if we should implement this, it should be based on Playtime, not on when they applied. Example: I play 1 hour -> becomes member -> plays another hour -> wait 2 years -> logs in again -> Yay senior member -> knows nothing about the server.

jimred9
20-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I overall like this idea as it reminds us that we are not forgotten about and also could keep plares on the server to try and unlock it?

And if we should implement this, it should be based on Playtime, not on when they applied. Example: I play 1 hour -> becomes member -> plays another hour -> wait 2 years -> logs in again -> Yay senior member -> knows nothing about the server.
That could be a problem. Instead of having to have 2 years on the server it could be replaced by the number of hours they have played on the server as Stoux has said. So, when they have a sertian number of hours worth of game play on slap they would be promoted...

Another idea is that you have to be a senior member to be staff or admin ect. to prevent those who just came on the server from applying and so on.

nirosu
20-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Meh, not really siked about this. I prefer less ranks, instead of more (like how S. Admin got removed). And if we should implement this, it should be based on Playtime, not on when they applied. Example: I play 1 hour -> becomes member -> plays another hour -> wait 2 years -> logs in again -> Yay senior member -> knows nothing about the server.

Yea, I thought of that, didn't want to write a long essay, so I might've slipped it through, the member must have a play time of at least 365 hours or been on on at least 100 days within the year, playtime isn't something we all can afford, but activity is possible, and anyways, I don't really think we'd have some sadistic maniac that will do such a thing I think banned players' (full ban) will have their "anniversary time" reset if they are unbanned, as the title and the gift are also a proof of good membership.

Jim, you said something harsh, if you read closely, 2 years is the requirement for senior member, we can't afford to let only 2 year members ( which most might not be coming) as staff >.>

jimred9
20-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Jim, you said something harsh, if you read closely, 2 years is the requirement for senior member, we can't afford to let only 2 year members ( which most might not be coming) as staff >.>

yea..... , i understand. But i would change the 2 year thing to something like 100hrs (ish) of ingame time to be promoted to this rank

nirosu
21-08-2013, 12:15 PM
pfft, I do 100 hours in a month XD

Sporklyn
21-08-2013, 12:27 PM
It's not about the logs, it's about membership date on forums, really old players (out of logs) would be automaticly classified "senior members", the senior title won't apply to VIP nor builder, and it is based on the day that the person became a member.

But Jack deleted my account before and I had to make a new one. So it says I'm kinda a newbie. :P

Blake
21-08-2013, 07:02 PM
(like how S. Admin got removed).

Wait So S. Admin is Gone for good?

Stoux
22-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Discussed this: rejected.
I get the idea and do like the sound of rewarding players that have been around for a hilw, but we really don't want more ranks. So I'd rather see it in a different way. Dunno how yet.

If you ask me, yes.

Jackster21
23-08-2013, 12:06 AM

Yes. It Is.

leon_vakt
26-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Noo :( S. Admin is gone :(