PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Weather on the server!

SparkleUnidog
23-08-2013, 04:18 PM
As the title states, we should have weather on the server!

I asked why we didn't have weather on the server not long after I joined, and was told it was because it made lag. But some other servers I've seen have their weather on, and it didn't make any difference.

I miss running around in the rain, let me do this please! <3

Blake
23-08-2013, 05:51 PM
And No I like that there is no weather on the server, And just because it doesn't make you lag that doesn't mean it makes other people lag Sparkles

SparkleUnidog
23-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Believe me, i have the most crappiest computer ever - i have to stay stuck on tiny distance, fast graffics and such and still I lag bad om the simple things on the server. I can't even really installed mods (the few I currently have just about work). But I didn't lag on a few game servers that had the weather on anymore than I do on this server with no weather.

If the reason wealther isn't on isn't because of lag but because no one wants it on then that's okay, but there has been a good few times players asked why it never rained and I had to say due to lag most likely, which they normally replied it doesn't normally elsewhere.

i'm not fussed really, but the weather gets boring being the same all the time, that's all, lol

jimred9
23-08-2013, 07:27 PM
yea i miss the rain, or even snow...

horsegal00
23-08-2013, 07:35 PM
I'd have snow, but rain is loud and I end up having to turn my volume down alot

Blake
23-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Believe me, i have the most crappiest computer ever - i have to stay stuck on tiny distance, fast graffics and such and still I lag bad om the simple things on the server. I can't even really installed mods (the few I currently have just about work). But I didn't lag on a few game servers that had the weather on anymore than I do on this server with no weather.

If the reason wealther isn't on isn't because of lag but because no one wants it on then that's okay, but there has been a good few times players asked why it never rained and I had to say due to lag most likely, which they normally replied it doesn't normally elsewhere.

i'm not fussed really, but the weather gets boring being the same all the time, that's all, lol

My Computer Blue screens gets ALMOST 0 fps on tiny and fast graphics but i can install a few mods That's it.

SparkleUnidog
23-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Snow I'd love, that's really pretty! But I do miss the "adventure" of leaving the house in the rain or storm, and RPing in my head what's happening and trying to avoid mobs all around me. This is part of survival, isn't it? Adventure time! :D

We're all different though. If the weather stays off, it stays off. This was really just a suggestion, mostly because I'm a little bored of the same weather, haha. :3

nirosu
23-08-2013, 09:39 PM
To be sincere, I hate the weather system, you can't get past 2 hours without beeing fortified inside your home because of rain, it is just too frequent, if this was to be implanted, it should be less frequent as in 4-5 rains a day, that includes snow, and excludes thunderstorms, of course we need to make fires rainproof.

SuperYoshi2525
23-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I love the weather in Minecraft :D and I dont care if I lag :D

Steffany686
23-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Im with Sparkles on this one, Weather in minecraft add difficulty because mobs don't burn in the rain. And if any lag i get maybe, maybe -2 on my FPS if any. Also Snowing would replace the ground snow that people dig up.

Jackster21
23-08-2013, 11:48 PM
I've thought about this a few times recently, and I do miss the weather tbh.
I don't think lag is a factor anymore, I think that was fixed.

Providing it isn't constantly raining/snowing, I'm fine for this in the survival worlds, no point in PVP/Creative.

Stoux
24-08-2013, 01:59 AM
I'd rather not have it. Annoys the hell out of me.

roodypatooty
24-08-2013, 04:27 AM
I agree with Sparkles!!! The weather is great fun in minecraft, gives a bit of relaxation for me when it rains and im exploring.

EndurableJono
24-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Rain in Minecraft is like the most depressing thing of all time.

Laegluin
24-08-2013, 09:08 AM
From experience I can say that snow does not make your pc lag, so what about an option to turn the visible/sound effects of rain off. If you were using a slow computer you'd only see the world getting darker, but nothing else.

SparkleUnidog
24-08-2013, 09:30 AM
How about a bit of both then? Have weather on, but just not as much? Say half the time of rain/snow/storms and the frequency it happens, so it doesn't rain/snow as often as it commonly does?

And as Laegluin says - you can easily turn the particals and visuals of the rain off, so it really is just a darker blue sky for you. Still gives you a more adventure survival aspect yet no annoying rain to come with it. :3

nirosu
24-08-2013, 12:08 PM
How about a bit of both then? Have weather on, but just not as much? Say half the time of rain/snow/storms and the frequency it happens, so it doesn't rain/snow as often as it commonly does?

And as Laegluin says - you can easily turn the particals and visuals of the rain off, so it really is just a darker blue sky for you. Still gives you a more adventure survival aspect yet no annoying rain to come with it. :3

I agree, reduce frequency, as I said before, the current frequency is HORRIBLE, just TERRIBLE, it's depressing, and it kills lots of time, for example with the normal frequency, once in an hour a rain would appear, which would mean no photoing houses, nor having the ability for me to make slap-snap, nor just having a nice day building outside without being constantly blown like a ping pong ball at a creeper's beach party.

hellkaizer29
24-08-2013, 04:05 PM
See? That's why I said couple days ago on the chat. That we should have our weather on!!! It'll be looks more realistic. Snowy, Rainy.. etc. Please, turn the Weather on after the next patch :P I wanna see the weather on the new in-coming biomes. :)

Stoux
24-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Accidental dislike >.<, have a cake ingame

Stoux
31-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Added in Survival worlds.

leon_vakt
01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Is it added in Resource World too?