PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Economy Suggestion pt 1: Tax, VAT and fees.

nirosu
25-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Greetings fellow members of the Slap-Gaming Minecraft Server.
Throughout this year, I've never once seen our economy "blossom" as such as now, and I have to admit, this is a bittersweet situation, that is not much of a problem that we must deal with, but we should deal with.
Guys, the server's total money is 28,397,962$ or as known as, 28 mil, but there's no single problem about this fact, none, but looking at the status of the member's wealth, we have 40 members approximately having over 100k, and bluntly and highly inaccurtly, it means 7th of our server's ingame money, about 15%.

It is alerting, and furthermore, these are not actually 15%, as this calculation was made bluntly if these 40 people had 100k exactly, and the truth is, that over 20 people have over 300k, not 200k, 300k.

It's true that this is an online game, and we are not a country or a society with economic power, but I think the face we have so much over wealthy people, hurts the survival aspect of our server, and I'm not a saint, as I am also part of these rich people on the server, and thus is why I can tell you from my view how much it does affect the survival aspect.

My Suggestion is as followed:
Having VAT(extra fee) on spawn shop items, having their price increased in % regarding your wealth, for example, a person having 50k would pay 5% more than normal, and a person with 100k would pay 10% more.
Having lowered income from mobs when you have a large amount of money.
And probably having lowered sell price as well.
Having taxes on additional plots, an extra creative plot would require payment, and having over 3 plots (per world that is) would require payment/tax, which will be 0.25% of your overall wealth.

These sounds harsh, but that is what I can think of right now, I don't want to make this post too long, that is why I'd leave discussion on details and reasons at comments.

SparkleUnidog
25-08-2013, 05:27 PM
But then... no one will want to donate to the server for money, because their newly in-game dollars will be taken away far to quickly for what the shop items are worth, which they used real money for.

And plots are safe places for people to build, and creative is just somewhere to build for fun and ideas. Paying for them in any shape or form isn't really fair.

I really don't like this idea. Some players, like me, doesn't like to mine for her resources. Ever since i first joined I've always bought from the shop - it was easier for me, as I was terrified to go caving for things.

Also, this would stop players wanting to donate their dollars to other players because they know it goes to quick.

This is a game, not real life. Lets keep it that way, hmm?

Ryuuga
25-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Nirosu sparkles already mentioned this but most of the people you mentioned donated real life money for their "millionaire" status adding "taxes" wouldn't only hurt everyone on the server with in-game money loss it would be plain highway robbery for the donators (they pay real money for in-game money and then we take that away i.e. we steal their money) secondly it makes it impossible to save up for let's say a beacon or nether star since they're so expensive. 3rdly where would this money go? you want to forcibly flush money into a dark hole? turn it all over to jack for "the greater good"?

Jackster21
25-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Rejected.