PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Economy Suggestion pt 2: In game donation

nirosu
25-08-2013, 03:51 PM
As I tried to explain last thread, the economy which is flooded with wealth ruins the survival aspect.

Unlike my last suggestion, this one instead of demotivating the economy of the wealthy, having an encouragement to reduce the money while trying to change something.

Therefore, I thought of the in game donation idea:

People would be able to donate up to a certain amount a week for up to 2 causes they want to support, the money gathered would more or less survey the will of the members, and the causes sometimes be replaced when they are either achieved or unwanted in relation to the others.

In other words, this is a vote poll that will also reduce the over-wealth of our members and also will let them show their opinion without trying to post countless of suggestions with the support of a few, and will instead show the interest of the members at the nature of the suggestions.

Let me now give an example, let say that this was accepted, and in game donation stations were placed, after a month, it was discovered, that the cause that was most funded, was "having the ender dragon spawn 2 times a day", and as a result, the staff would bring up this into further discussion, and rejoice! a 2nd ender dragon flaps his wings today.

The Interest of the causes will be proven not by the amount of money gathered at total, but in comparison to the other causes, with maybe also a count of how much different people donated for this cause.

The causes can be suggestions that are in debate, they can be a way of action, like "more contests" or "more cities", and much more.

It could also be used in order to repriorotize the server's list or prioroties.

Thank you for reading.

SparkleUnidog
25-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't think it ruins the survival aspect. Players work HARD for the money they have, weather it be donating or mining none-stop for diamonds to sell. sometimes they don't even feel the need to bother with their money, so it just sits in their banks.

As more players join and leave the server, money will always keep going higher and higher.

i really see no point in this :/

EDIT: Also, it doesn't matter if someone is rich or not. I'm only rich because a quarter of my funds goes to my "The Griefed" charity. I love donating to players, so being rich allows me to do this. And yet your saying being rich is wrong?

That's what I'm getting here anyway.

nirosu
25-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't think it ruins the survival aspect. Players work HARD for the money they have, weather it be donating or mining none-stop for diamonds to sell. sometimes they don't even feel the need to bother with their money, so it just sits in their banks.

As more players join and leave the server, money will always keep going higher and higher.

i really see no point in this :/

EDIT: Also, it doesn't matter if someone is rich or not. I'm only rich because a quarter of my funds goes to my "The Griefed" charity. I love donating to players, so being rich allows me to do this. And yet your saying being rich is wrong?

That's what I'm getting here anyway.

nope, not at all, I'm saying that lately money began being easy to gather for some reason, especially since the enter of daylight sensors and auto farms in the server, I said it's not crucial, especially because it's not an economy concentrated server, but having easy ways to gather money while not doing anything(auto farms, barely require maintenance after they are built) does a bit hurt the survival aspect.

And anyways, this suggestion is about putting this money in to use, donation funds in game that will be used as a survey and a way to check what interests our members have.

SparkleUnidog
25-08-2013, 06:08 PM
But to make such farms you need to know what your doing. I say those who make such farms have worked hard in doing so. so I think they have a right...?

Not my call though. I think it's just a little pointless having something like this. If players want to find legit ways to make regular money then i say let them. It's not like their cheating or anything.

that's what I think though. I just don't want to start feeling like "real-life" money-wise thinking is getting put into something that's just a game. Kids want to earn money on the server. i say let them. It would no longer be fun otherwise :/

nirosu
25-08-2013, 07:05 PM
ok, i get the point, but even so.... what about this suggestion about having this donation thingy, XD

Ryuuga
25-08-2013, 07:52 PM
But to make such farms you need to know what your doing. I say those who make such farms have worked hard in doing so. so I think they have a right...?

Not my call though. I think it's just a little pointless having something like this. If players want to find legit ways to make regular money then i say let them. It's not like their cheating or anything.

that's what I think though. I just don't want to start feeling like "real-life" money-wise thinking is getting put into something that's just a game. Kids want to earn money on the server. i say let them. It would no longer be fun otherwise :/

correct sparkles I completely agree for you further more these farms don't bring that much health without effort (even AFK'ing counts as effort since you would have to be online for that)

2ndly the "rich people" you are talking about are mostly people who have been online for a very long time an have been saving up i.e. put in a lot of effort to gather it.

3rdly why would we demotivate people to donate rl money to us? I don't know if you are aware of this but the server can exist because people donate more donations is better for us and the in-game money is one of the rewards we give people in exchange for donating. So saying demotivate the donations = less money to run the server= server has to shut down = I wanna kill Slap-Gaming minecraft. I'm sure that isn't your intention now is it Nirosu? :S

Jackster21
25-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Rejected.