PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): TP Pads/Signs to Sethomes

Yannis_Ofzo
27-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey all, I was thinking of adding a sign command to tp the maker of the sign (maybe at a cost like ExpVaults) to a defined sethome

like this

or like this
(button or prssure plate activated)
Let me know what you think!

(I know you can easly just type it, but it would look cool) (after all [disposal] signs are also just an easy was out of throwing stuff to a cactus)

nirosu
28-08-2013, 11:30 AM
It ruins a bit of the server, makes tps a bit useless if they open for all, also, having all that access into information like sethomes that is saved in player files takes much of the console's time(relatively to other commands), it's pretty challenging doing so, and the fact I can expect people using this to trap player and stealing their items, and staff will have tons of extra work.

Also it's op, the server barely uses tp pads at such frequency, and I do understand if you were to suggest this to VIP+ and having private signs that it would make some kind of a point, but just having /sethome and tpa is enough, having tp pads to do the tping for you when you are offline and such, it's just too overpowered and a bit unfair...

HOWEVER, if this was to be implanted, the sign setting up would cost about 20 k, and it would require a mod+ approval(checking the location), also, in order to prevent use of this in order to lure people into traps and plots, this thing won't work with nether or end sethomes, and will not be allowed on plots.

Yannis_Ofzo
28-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Did you even read the couple of sentences that I typed

Hey all, I was thinking of adding a sign command to tp the maker of the sign
And about making it VIP+, that's up to staff not me.

and 20K? It's a tool for comfort, like disposal signs, do they cost 10K ea? No. I'd agree with like 500$ or something like that for one.

also, in order to prevent use of this in order to lure people into traps and plots, this thing won't work with nether or end sethomes, and will not be allowed on plots.
It's up to staff, not you where they allow/disallow it.

nirosu
28-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Did you even read the couple of sentences that I typed

And about making it VIP+, that's up to staff not me.

and 20K? It's a tool for comfort, like disposal signs, do they cost 10K ea? No. I'd agree with like 500$ or something like that for one.

It's up to staff, not you where they allow/disallow it.

if it's to tp only the maker of the sign.... then it's a bigger waste, you'd make a home just for home warps? >.>

What is /homemenu for then?

Yannis_Ofzo
28-08-2013, 01:32 PM
For comfort as I said, so you don't have to type /home ------ all the time, just as disposal signs are for comfort, now I'd like if you react with constructive criticism 'It's a waste' is not constuctive.

/homemenu is just a fancy version of doing /home name but requires asmuch action, the menu is just easier to see what homes are where etc.

Cats_say_moo
28-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I can see this being helpful if added on the server but With Expvaults its $300 to place down a new one. It would probobly be double since it is a More "Lazy" sign in a way.

nirosu
28-08-2013, 03:04 PM
For comfort as I said, so you don't have to type /home ------ all the time, just as disposal signs are for comfort, now I'd like if you react with constructive criticism 'It's a waste' is not constuctive.

/homemenu is just a fancy version of doing /home name but requires asmuch action, the menu is just easier to see what homes are where etc.

The disposal signs serve something you can't do easily, dropping blocks on the floor would require a while for them to disappear and not everyone have a lava pit, however, we all have /home, and well, doing more coding for such a thing won't be in a top priority, I think we need to take care of other things in stead of this, as it serves barely any use, takes up place, and you can do it in 2 words.

Yannis_Ofzo
28-08-2013, 06:06 PM
I can see this being helpful if added on the server but With Expvaults its $300 to place down a new one. It would probobly be double since it is a More "Lazy" sign in a way.
And I agree with you, they certainly would cost like 500-600$, as Nirosu said, doubt he would say it if it isn't true, it costs more "space to do it via signs/pads so a little fee for them is nothing but right.

@Niro
Look, I know your against the suggestion, but
"items take a while to disappear"
/spawn old -> right hand side lava AND Cacti.

Know what, /spawn old are 2 words too.
(note that I'm not hating nor disliking the disposal signs, just using it as an example)

crazyredhead27
28-08-2013, 07:04 PM
i think this is a great idea even though im not a vip

Telluur
28-08-2013, 08:02 PM
also, having all that access into information like sethomes that is saved in player files takes much of the console's time(relatively to other commands),

Hi, my name is nirosu, this argument right here is the best I've ever given. I can guarantee you that this is 100% true. Cuz. You know, I'm awesome and I know everything about how minecraft, Java and essentials work. Ehermagawd.

Do your homework boi, you be talking shit my friend.

nirosu
29-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Hi, my name is nirosu, this argument right here is the best I've ever given. I can guarantee you that this is 100% true. Cuz. You know, I'm awesome and I know everything about how minecraft, Java and essentials work. Ehermagawd.

Do your homework boi, you be talking shit my friend.

You don't have to be so mean, I wrote this on my first comment, I didn't fully read the details of the suggestions closely, but I guess you are right.

for my defence, I do know C#, which reminds me, I wrote that comment after a long day of school, with trying to figure SQL, takes time, and makes everything seems impossible at first.

lordgandalf
29-08-2013, 05:47 AM
C# != java.
Programming clean & understandable code is hard.
And bukkit with all dependencies is hard to code for. I have tried bukkit plugin development an it's a b**ch sometimes.

nirosu
29-08-2013, 12:07 PM
C# != java.
Programming clean & understandable code is hard.
And bukkit with all dependencies is hard to code for. I have tried bukkit plugin development an it's a b**ch sometimes.

i know, java coding looks derpier ( for me) but it has more potential.

Yannis_Ofzo
29-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Stoux confirmed me the coding is possible by the way (no idea if it is easy/hard)

Telluur
29-08-2013, 04:38 PM
You don't have to be so mean, I wrote this on my first comment, I didn't fully read the details of the suggestions closely, but I guess you are right.
for my defence, I do know C#, which reminds me, I wrote that comment after a long day of school, with trying to figure SQL, takes time, and makes everything seems impossible at first.

If you really know C#, then you should also have a basic understanding of databases/data reading and writing. You would have been able to figure out yourself that the only difference with a normal /home teleport is the player-object.

Anyway, The coding for this is fairly easy, and doesn't take more CPU time than a normal /home teleport. Whether or not we want to implement this is the real issue here.

nirosu
29-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Well, as of now, I see no reason why would this idea do any harm, but I also see no point in having it, as long as I don't see people crying about how it is hard to write two words, then this is meaningless, unless you see any deeper aspect of this feature.

But hey who knows, maybe those who have a though time writing two words, can't write a complaint :3

Yannis_Ofzo
29-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Well I haven't heard people complaining about getting rid of items either yet that got accepted.

nirosu
30-08-2013, 10:20 AM
well, cause people found a need to also vote for it, as it is an addition to the abilities of the members, but in this case, it's just a different way of doing what we already have, that's the difference. people would be also okay with a disposal command, but it was suggested as a sign. we already have /home, and the suggestion is a place to have complaints said in a way to promote our server by suggesting solutions.

I am not saying the server won't accept it as it's not really up to me, but I assume it would take a bit more support to pass this.

Ryuuga
30-08-2013, 10:49 AM
well, cause people found a need to also vote for it, as it is an addition to the abilities of the members, but in this case, it's just a different way of doing what we already have, that's the difference. people would be also okay with a disposal command, but it was suggested as a sign. we already have /home, and the suggestion is a place to have complaints said in a way to promote our server by suggesting solutions.

I am not saying the server won't accept it as it's not really up to me, but I assume it would take a bit more support to pass this.

so you suggest we all vote as whether or not it gets added then? how many yes votes would we need according to YOU to get it passed then? O_o

If it's relatively easy to implement I would like to see it implemented at some point but for now I think people would rather have skyblock working :S

Stoux
09-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Gonna go for no. It's just lazyness to the max.