PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): PVP Arena

honkin_pigs
31-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Whenever I've been playing in the PVP arena, I've noticed that a lot of the time people will camp the entrance with Knockback words or Punch bows, then they only need to hit you once and you fall in the lava and die.

I think this is a problem because some people seem to use it as a tactic which is a very unfair advantage. My suggestion would be to change it to a ring of fire, or just remove the lava from right in front of the entrances. Hopefully this idea will be supported because i think it'd make for a more fair fight.

lordgandalf
31-08-2013, 11:20 AM
If they do it tell the staff it or make screenshots because you not allowed to attack people from outside the pvp arena

naithantu
31-08-2013, 11:24 AM
He's not talking about people attacking from outside the arena, he's just talking about people camping in front of the gate (inside the arena) that knock you into lava when you try and walk into the arena.

You should be able to avoid campers like these quite easily by using the tp pads to the left/right of the gates (unless it's a 4 man team camping at every gate, but I don't think that really happens). If other players also have this issue we could change it though

Yannis_Ofzo
31-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Imo it shouldn't be lava or fire, as you can permanantly lose stuff in it, which is annoying (people that are losing a fight even tend to jump in it just to make sure you get nothing.)

My suggestion is to make it a pressure pad ring that activates dispensers with infinite arrows. It damages people like lava would but is not instant death/ loot doesn't disappear.

PS: Doesn't this belong here? : http://forums.slapgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?155-Bug-Reports-and-Suggestions

lordgandalf
31-08-2013, 12:39 PM
The lava should be there maybey not in front of the doors then ?

Cats_say_moo
31-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Moved to Minecraft Suggestion forum.

honkin_pigs
01-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Well for now I'll keep an eye out for people using this to their advantage, and i can try get some proof of it one way or another, failing that i'll just bring this topic up again giving you my word that I've seen it happening again lol.

honkin_pigs
04-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I have noticed this happen a few times again, with players standing in the centre, hitting players as they walk through the back with punch bows, it really is kind of a suckish tactic. I find this hard to get proof of though i have tried printscreening it but haven't had much luck as it's a tricky one to catch, as you often don't know its going to happen until you burn to death.

Also when pvping with horsegal she knocked me into the lava and I lost all of my gear when we were supposed to be doing givebacks, so i then didn't get any of the stuff I was expecting back, so I really dislike the lava right now, but thats not my reason for posting this i'm just trying to make you aware of how problematic it can be.

PinkHotDog
05-09-2013, 12:31 AM
I have noticed this happen a few times again, with players standing in the centre, hitting players as they walk through the back with punch bows, it really is kind of a suckish tactic. I find this hard to get proof of though i have tried printscreening it but haven't had much luck as it's a tricky one to catch, as you often don't know its going to happen until you burn to death.

Also when pvping with horsegal she knocked me into the lava and I lost all of my gear when we were supposed to be doing givebacks, so i then didn't get any of the stuff I was expecting back, so I really dislike the lava right now, but thats not my reason for posting this i'm just trying to make you aware of how problematic it can be.

I've had the same issue with loving armour in the lava. I feel like it would ruin the theme a bit, but wouldn't water do the trick. No broken items or player damage, but it will slow you down if you were to fall in.

Might I also suggest you just drink a Fire Resistance potion? Those always do the trick for me :D

honkin_pigs
05-09-2013, 02:22 AM
I've had the same issue with loving armour in the lava. I feel like it would ruin the theme a bit, but wouldn't water do the trick. No broken items or player damage, but it will slow you down if you were to fall in.

Might I also suggest you just drink a Fire Resistance potion? Those always do the trick for me :D

Water would be good, it'd also somewhat trap players to give others an advantage, but no one would lose their stuff and wouldn't be an unfair advantage :3

SparkleUnidog
05-09-2013, 03:11 AM
When you go to PVP you risk the chance to lose your items, wether it be to a player or the lava. It's just the risk you take. If you don't want to lose your items... don't PVP.

And like hotdog said - drink some potions if you don't want to die in the lava.

honkin_pigs
05-09-2013, 03:42 AM
That's not what this thread was about, it was about people who simply sit there waiting for people and use knockback/punch to knock them straight into the lava as a tactic as the player enters, if to you that seems like fair fighting then i don't know i guess i just see things differently, cos i see that as cheap tactics and abusing the lava's placement, i understand i risk the items and losing them isn't what bothers me

SparkleUnidog
05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
To me, it would be the same as teaming up with 3-5 other players and killing anyone who enters. Or using arrows from the center, or hiding round the corner and pouncing on you. All of these tactics would seem "unfair" to the one who died, but I have a feeling that if it was you on the winning end, you wouldn't be complaining.

Everyone has their own tactics in PVP, be it cheap or not. It's not an "abusing use" of the lava, that's a tactically way of using it. Also, players like jumping in the lava to stop others having their stuff when they die, as someone else in the thread said.

honkin_pigs
05-09-2013, 01:32 PM
To me, it would be the same as teaming up with 3-5 other players and killing anyone who enters. Or using arrows from the center, or hiding round the corner and pouncing on you. All of these tactics would seem "unfair" to the one who died, but I have a feeling that if it was you on the winning end, you wouldn't be complaining.

Everyone has their own tactics in PVP, be it cheap or not. It's not an "abusing use" of the lava, that's a tactically way of using it. Also, players like jumping in the lava to stop others having their stuff when they die, as someone else in the thread said.

Well alright, i would just see the pvp arena is being more fun without it, but if that's only me then fair enough, this thread may aswell be closed now