PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): 1.7 Books, and VIP grant changes

nirosu
01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I know this is a bit early to make this suggestion, but it should be discussed, even briefly.

As of 1.7, Written books can be cloned, as seen in this picture officially tweeted:
http://dinnerbone.com/media/uploads/2013-08/screenshots/Minecraft_1.6.2_2013-08-30_12-22-29.731288376.png (too large too post in here)

In other words, this would make our current VIP grant copybook practically meaningless, which in fact is not mainly a problem, as having one VIP feature open for all won't hurt that much of it's unique benefits(especially because books are not exactly the most exclusive feature).

However, as of this announcement, I suggest we'll remove the grant copybook from the VIP grant at 1.7 and in stead add a new category of grants, which I suggest would be referred "Decorative"
The Decorative category will contain: 32 of a flower or 64, depending on rarity(grass, dandaleon and rose will remain 64, the new flowers will be 32 or 16 at first in order to prevent profit making from selling these flowers for high prices), apart from flowers, it'll have 32 item frames(or 16), 15 signs(if there will be still place in the menu after all colors of turnip), 64 paintings, 32 flower pots.

That's the base of my suggestion, however, I tend to have doubts at the new ability of having the ability to copy books freely, and maybe we should disable copying books that are not written by the player, as he or she hold copyright of it's content.

jimred9
01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
All sounds like a good idea I give my full support.

But keep that VIP command as it means vip's can easily clone books without crafting bench/matterials, so it will still rename as a plus of having VIP.

Cats_say_moo
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I know this is a bit early to make this suggestion, but it should be discussed, even briefly.

As of 1.7, Written books can be cloned, as seen in this picture officially tweeted:
http://dinnerbone.com/media/uploads/2013-08/screenshots/Minecraft_1.6.2_2013-08-30_12-22-29.731288376.png (too large too post in here)

In other words, this would make our current VIP grant copybook practically meaningless, which in fact is not mainly a problem, as having one VIP feature open for all won't hurt that much of it's unique benefits(especially because books are not exactly the most exclusive feature).

However, as of this announcement, I suggest we'll remove the grant copybook from the VIP grant at 1.7 and in stead add a new category of grants, which I suggest would be referred "Decorative"
The Decorative category will contain: 32 of a flower or 64, depending on rarity(grass, dandaleon and rose will remain 64, the new flowers will be 32 or 16 at first in order to prevent profit making from selling these flowers for high prices), apart from flowers, it'll have 32 item frames(or 16), 15 signs(if there will be still place in the menu after all colors of turnip), 64 paintings, 32 flower pots.

That's the base of my suggestion, however, I tend to have doubts at the new ability of having the ability to copy books freely, and maybe we should disable copying books that are not written by the player, as he or she hold copyright of it's content.

Shouldnt matter thou, I wouldnt mind taking out the ability to copy book if it would be craftable in-game

nirosu
01-09-2013, 02:18 PM
All sounds like a good idea I give my full support.

But keep that VIP command as it means vip's can easily clone books without crafting bench/matterials, so it will still rename as a plus of having VIP.

Do remember that this copybook command uses a grant, in other words, 3 books can be cloned a day, in the price of grants, it's not going to be used, simply put, making a book and quill is cheaper than most grant able stuff, it is unlikely it would be used when 1.7 comes out.

SparkleUnidog
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I say we keep the grant.

Because sometimes, players just want the lazy way to to get things - like the shop. :P

nirosu
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
I say we keep the grant.

Because sometimes, players just want the lazy way to to get things - like the shop. :P

but wouldn't changing it to something players actually need for building would be better? after all, VIP grant was meant to give a bit of building aid for VIPs.

naithantu
01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
but wouldn't changing it to something players actually need for building would be better? after all, VIP grant was meant to give a bit of building aid for VIPs.

Yes, but after all, it was originally made for VIPs to get only the most basic blocks (dirt, sand, stone, wood and that's it)

nirosu
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes, but after all, it was originally made for VIPs to get only the most basic blocks (dirt, sand, stone, wood and that's it)

that does make a point, anyhow, copying books was added because of the need, there wouldn't be any need at 1.7 for this command, and 1.7 blocks would take a bit more place in the vip grant, such as podzol and flowers, which are also kinda basic blocks(if you count rose mycel and grass)

Nankuse
01-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Or they keep the feature and then add in the new blocks that they deem pertinent to the VIP grant. I'm pretty sure that they'd keep it. Having the ability and not using it is different than not having the ability and wanting to use it after you once had the ability. A VIP will probably still use the grant, even if it's not you.

Telluur
09-09-2013, 08:09 PM
We will not remove the copybook section,
I like the addition of the decorative section, however, we will not add this section till 1.7 is out.

Suggestion on hold.