PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): VIP Toolfix

nirosu
02-09-2013, 10:04 AM
I'd like to suggest a new feature available for VIP.

As the title inaccurately suggests, a tool/armour fix feature.
I can 100% guarantee people going to scream "Ruins the survival aspect" before reading the next lines, and might still do after, but please give a moment to get the idea.

The idea is to have tool fixing as a VIP grant, BUT, don't be mistaken, this tool fix won't fix all of the tool, not half, and not a quarter, let me explain:

Every tool has a value of durability, if you press F3 + h simultaneously (not while in the inventory pannel), you could see detailed information of an item, and there it is, the durability, the number shown means how much uses left out of uses that were potentially available at first, and this VIP grant will restore some of these durability points:

My suggestion is that it would work like the VIP Copybook, as in, it auto detects your tools or w/e and show them in the interface, clicking on them will use a grant and fix 3% of the total durability(the accurate % will be decided by staff or the plugin guys), or instead will restore 4% of the durability that was missing, which means the more the tool is broken, the more it'll be fixed while keeping it not "too o/p".

Why? well, we all have tools, some of them are precious and non-repairable, it is hard to loose a tool you've been trying to make so long and worked for, including armor, and this will let us keep them for even just a little while.
By my calculations, the latter of my suggested methods(% of missing durability) is bound to keep this feature for being too op, let me show you an example:

A tool with 1000 durability total, and with 300 left, after one fix, 4% out of 700 were added >>> 328 uses left, after another grant >>> 4% of 672 added : 354 uses left, which is not too much blocks.

That's all for my suggestion.

horsegal00
02-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Um no.

What if someone makes a tool, and just continously fixes it using ALL 3 VIP grants for a few days, then BOOM new item. I think it needs to stay how it is, you repair using levels or you don't repair at all

nirosu
02-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Um no.

What if someone makes a tool, and just continously fixes it using ALL 3 VIP grants for a few days, then BOOM new item. I think it needs to stay how it is, you repair using levels or you don't repair at all

Theoretically possible, but as I described in the 2nd method of repair, the amount of repairing would decrease if the tool is unused between fix, but since it only fix 4% of the durability that was already lost, it'll stop at one point, and won't give any more fixing(the tool will never be new, it'll at max have 24 durability missing, but the closer you get there, the more grants you need).

if it seems even too much, the % can be lowered to 3%, it's a small fix, but it still makes the grant useful sometimes.

I always get silk touch fortune, and I can't stand building with these op picks :S which I still do unfortunately, this small grant won't save them, but let them stay a bit longer.

Also, by my calculation, the repaired durability is appromaxly 46 uses at a 3% rate, and 62 uses in 4% rate, will take alot of time fixing a tool like that to almost full durability, ALOT. a day fixes up to 11% when durability is realy low, and about 1% when it's high.

Telluur
02-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Rejected.

There is a perfectly fine repair feature already, which is way better balanced than your suggestion.

Having the ability to repair OP Armour at the cost of 1 vip grant is pay2win in my eyes. Even if it repairs only a few uses.

nirosu
02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
what if the times which a tool can be repaired in the feature would be limited? that would make it not that op, like having 5 grants a tool approximately, that is, if it is possible and not too hard to make.

Blake
03-09-2013, 09:26 PM
So like a cooldown time to repair the item?

MrSliverMan
03-09-2013, 10:42 PM
What if one thing is only limited to One repair in it life time?

Telluur
09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Limiting to one repair per item is nearly impossible...
And even if we would allow it, it is still too op.

Rejected.