PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Automated change of RW

jimred9
04-09-2013, 08:24 AM
As the title stated I would like the RW to automatically change to a new world, maybe once a fortnight? Also since the 1.7 has new biomes and everything, more players will go to the RW and it will be more likely to be needed to be reset more often. I would also like it to be reset to a new seed every time as it can prevent anyone making a set home in the RW a and getting a good advantage point.

I may try and code a plugin that will reset it once a fortnite and place a central tp like we have at the moment and then place other teleports in the other biomes. But it will be my first proper plugin, may not work or have other problems. But don't count me in for making it at the moment... :p

My idea is simple and I would just like the RW to reset more often basically. :)

Thanks

Yannis_Ofzo
04-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I like your idea, but the thing is, Admins have to link the tp pads manually so it can't be automated unless a change is made to the way they link,
As biomes move around with different seeds

lordgandalf
04-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Do you know how much power and time it costs to regen the RW.
Also the admins need to add in the spawn place each time so ....

SparkleUnidog
04-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Also, when it comes to plugins, the plugin team would be able to tell you if it can be done or not, so I wouldn't advice suggesting doing it for them. -.-;

Telluur
04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Plugin people aren't going to make this.

Simply because we all are too busy with uni atm and this is absolutely not worth coding.

What that plugin should be able to do.
New world generation
Creating the spawn and working tppads in their corresponding biome.
World guarding all spawn structures.
Setting a world border.
Creating the lb sql tables
Purging/dropping the old world's sql tables.
Removing the old world off the map.
Adding the new world on the map with the correct settings.
Adding the world to multiverse + settings (pvp, firespread etc etc)

Considering you're new to Java, you're going to have a hard time doing the first thing on that list. Let alone the creating structures in a world. Even Mojang failed horribly with the villages at first.

So,

I'm confident to say that this is rejected.

jimred9
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Plugin people aren't going to make this.

Simply because we all are too busy with uni atm and this is absolutely not worth coding.

What that plugin should be able to do.
New world generation
Creating the spawn and working tppads in their corresponding biome.
World guarding all spawn structures.
Setting a world border.
Creating the lb sql tables
Purging/dropping the old world's sql tables.
Removing the old world off the map.
Adding the new world on the map with the correct settings.
Adding the world to multiverse + settings (pvp, firespread etc etc)

Considering you're new to Java, you're going to have a hard time doing the first thing on that list. Let alone the creating structures in a world. Even Mojang failed horribly with the villages at first.

So,

I'm confident to say that this is rejected.

Okidoki, you decision is only the best I could get....

Thanks anyway :)