PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (On Hold): 1.7 amplified creative world

lordgandalf
07-09-2013, 11:40 AM
In 1.7 theres a new worldgen called amplified which is basicly all huge mountains instead of flatlands
Could we get a new world where this kinda worldgen is applied it a awesome worldtype to build mountainhomes and stuff into the mountains

naithantu
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
From what I've seen from this type of worldgen it is completely useless. They look sort of cool for a bit, but I don't see how you could build on them without first shaping a side into something which doesn't have a completely ridiculous shape.

Anyways, this is a suggestion for a 1.7 feature, all we've seen so far is a first snapshot. Everything can change and things may be added/removed, so I'm putting this suggestion on hold until 1.7 is released.

mrfrightful
09-09-2013, 07:02 PM
It sort of drives a specific kind of building.. bridges/walkways/ rooms carved into caves.. you can get a nice 'Frank Lloyd Wright' thing going. But I already feel quite trapped in my valley as exploring in survival is quite difficult. It kind of brings my machine to a crawl as it loads the new chunks too.

One way to reasonably add this to the map and minimise the manual smoothing/blending to the join would be to find a largish island then use the same seed to regenerate it as 'amplified' then swap the chunks into the regular map. Something similar was done to add a mushroom island to the old survival map iirc.