PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): Spawn on tutorial island on first login

honkin_pigs
08-09-2013, 04:36 PM
My suggestion is to make it so that on a users first login, they spawn on the tutorial island, because i know a vast majority of people miss it, a lot of people spawn and see all the awesome things in front of them and walk straight forward, missing the pressure plate teleporters, most players that are new to the server wouldn't realize a pressure plate would teleport them, they may think its decoration.

I'm suggesting this because i myself didn't find the tutorial island for a few days after i joined when i was just exploring the spawn world.

jimred9
08-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Yep this should be implemented :) It prevents newbies from wondering what this server is all about and also promotes some of the cool features like [gate] signs and so on :)

SparkleUnidog
09-09-2013, 10:00 AM
You're right, even after i placed the signs in front of the spawn spot, many players still don't bother to read them and walk right on past.

Maybe a small change to the island a bit, where new players have no choice but to read stuff before they can go forward? I remember past servers I've visited where they have buildings like this, with all the rules, commands and whatnot in it - and the only way to leave was to go through every room with these signs and stuff before reaching the exit. They also placed "blah blah blah only press button/enter doors if you have read all the rules and stuff blah blah blah" signs at the exit.

Gives players no excuse for "I didn't know the rules", "There was nothing about that in the rules", "I didn't know we could/couldn't do that".

The only problem really, is that many players get put off with spawning in a tutorial area on first log-in. They mostly just want to log in and start playing, finding stuff out later, as annoying as that can get.

lordgandalf
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Maybey a plugin giving them a choice goto tutorail island or i know the rules let me play. And until they have chosen a option they cant move or somethign like that

Cats_say_moo
09-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Ive seen some things that involve a question and answer to be released into the normal world, I wouldnt mind seeing this being added then again it would probably go against the Free Build concept

nirosu
09-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Maybe having the "Island of beggining" as a floating island with a choice to go to spawn or to tutorial/rule island

Yannis_Ofzo
09-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I have also seen the idea that Sparkle mentioned before, and I think it would be cool to add a SLAP version of it.

Jackster21
09-09-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't support this one.

Forcing people to spawn in a certain location and read stuff does not go down well.

If people join our server and want to explore first, that's fine. Guides and Staff have the responsibility to assist players in location Tutorials/Assistance at the relevant times.