PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Ideas for future cities/towns

honkin_pigs
11-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I know that southside has only just been built and stoux did a really great job on it but i thought i'd make a couple suggestions for future cities/towns.

Sky island/Airship town/city
Pirate town/city with coves based in a huge bay
Steampunk town/city
Modern/Futuristic town/city
Farming town/city
Fisherman town/city (may be cool after 1.7 release and implementation on the server)

Some of these may of already been built, i dont think i've seen every city of the server yet :)

lordgandalf
11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
A steampunk like town with some zepplins in the air would be awesome :)

nirosu
11-09-2013, 02:57 PM
sky island - not sure, I tried it but it takes too much floaty place and below it are TONS of mobs.

Modern futuristic city - we do have suburbs as kinda modern the thing about towns is the plots, sure it might be nice having a city with a road that looks different, or having for example, podzol for the base of the plot, but the build style is determined by the residents.... downtown does have skyscrapers as it's requirement, but that is only for invite only cities XD as of now that is.

fisherman town - a city with a beach, perhaps with a few beach plots :P can't see it any other way

farming town - kinda confusing, since no farms are allowed on plots >.>

Well, all of these cities were built by people to some extent, did not be official, some got deserted, like my sky city >.> with it's awesome zeppelin by fright :P

in stead, why not make cities for biomes in 1.7 like, town next to a savanah, snowy town and maybe a flowery spring town :P

might be nice to add some parks and lakes to towns, for example lakeside has this pond in the spawn point, would be nice having lanterns, and some green spaces.
of course that would require more time and effort which staff might don't have >.>

jimred9
11-09-2013, 04:14 PM
sky island - not sure, I tried it but it takes too much floaty place and below it are TONS of mobs.

Modern futuristic city - we do have suburbs as kinda modern the thing about towns is the plots, sure it might be nice having a city with a road that looks different, or having for example, podzol for the base of the plot, but the build style is determined by the residents.... downtown does have skyscrapers as it's requirement, but that is only for invite only cities XD as of now that is.

fisherman town - a city with a beach, perhaps with a few beach plots :P can't see it any other way

farming town - kinda confusing, since no farms are allowed on plots >.>

Well, all of these cities were built by people to some extent, did not be official, some got deserted, like my sky city >.> with it's awesome zeppelin by fright :P

in stead, why not make cities for biomes in 1.7 like, town next to a savanah, snowy town and maybe a flowery spring town :P

might be nice to add some parks and lakes to towns, for example lakeside has this pond in the spawn point, would be nice having lanterns, and some green spaces.
of course that would require more time and effort which staff might don't have >.>

It would be nice to have green places or areas instead of seamless homes one after another... Also I'm going to come up with a plan for a city project that people may want to join..,, with a shopping street and more...

Jackster21
11-09-2013, 04:17 PM
I know that southside has only just been built and stoux did a really great job on it but i thought i'd make a couple suggestions for future cities/towns.

Sky island/Airship town/city
Pirate town/city with coves based in a huge bay
Steampunk town/city
Modern/Futuristic town/city
Farming town/city
Fisherman town/city (may be cool after 1.7 release and implementation on the server)

Some of these may of already been built, i dont think i've seen every city of the server yet :)

Feel free to make a sky island town system or any of these towns in the creative world, and If I like them, I will move them into the survival world as a city for the rest of the server!

honkin_pigs
11-09-2013, 05:58 PM
oooh okay will definately work on a lil something and let you know when its done then :P

TheKrafter1923
11-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Steampunk <3

honkin_pigs
11-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Steampunk <3

yeah that does seem to be the most popular suggestion so far :)

lordgandalf
12-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Time to get some area and start building then :P

Stoux
12-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Bioshock Infinite Floating City, DO IT. (I will help)

honkin_pigs
12-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Give me some time to research it and i'll gladly help, sounds awesome but i've never played bioshock so ill have to look into it :P

lordgandalf
12-09-2013, 10:19 AM
so some platforms with brick houses on the and some parks and such and all kept in the air with balloons and some props thats kinda what you want to see Stoux ?? right
Would love to make it non-square so like litle islands with bridges and maybey chain the islands together with iron chains ? And islands on multiple lvls ?

If we can get a WG somewhere in the creative world with the top to max height lvl and like 100x100 area to start with im willing to start and try and build stuff

honkin_pigs
12-09-2013, 12:15 PM
so some platforms with brick houses on the and some parks and such and all kept in the air with balloons and some props thats kinda what you want to see Stoux ?? right
Would love to make it non-square so like litle islands with bridges and maybey chain the islands together with iron chains ? And islands on multiple lvls ?

If we can get a WG somewhere in the creative world with the top to max height lvl and like 100x100 area to start with im willing to start and try and build stuff

Yup i'd also happily try get involved on this :)

Jackster21
12-09-2013, 05:20 PM

Sorted then.
We now have a new server-wide build project.

Someone take project lead, then get the community to help where possible. :)

Stoux
12-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Already started (http://176.9.157.196:8123/?worldname=world_creative&mapname=surface&zoom=4&x=-145.23884778118395&y=64&z=-1284.741425663305)

jimred9
12-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd love to help with this project btw way so whoever is leading it, could I join?

lordgandalf
12-09-2013, 08:16 PM
We are currently busy with making the floating city parts and make it all look nice this is where Stoux,ryu and I are working on atm to get that started

roodypatooty
12-09-2013, 08:36 PM

count me in on that to!!! yes!!! yes!!!!