PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Rejected): 'Pvp' based contests and minigames

nirosu
12-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Please see summary at the 2nd comment :

My suggestion to add special, and probably exclusive, minigame contest(s), for 1.7:

- Fishing contest : players be moved into a small beach, with 1-3 fishing rods, and a bit of food. The goal is to get to a certain number of points (or have the most when the time ends), points are based on what fish you get, you need to get the most fish, also, Junk would decrease your score, and some treasure raise it. also, in the middle of the island/beach, there will be a enchanting table(or more, with variety of lvl), which could be used for enchanting the rods with exp from fishing. if it'll be time based, the winner will get a reward based on points (some fish, rod, or keeping the treasure or something), and if it'll be on set score, the reward is based on number of participants and the difference between the scores.

- Flower Arrangement Game - This one is a bit more filled with action, each player gets a place where there are 4-6 flower pots(depending on how difficult it will be in the end, each extra one adds much difficulty), and also basic leather armor (colored if possible), each player must fill the flower pots with different flowers from 4-7(again, up to you) in a certain order in order to win, the order is set by the system(maybe different for each player), but in order to get the flowers, you must clear a small challenge, and you can only get one flower of 1 type, no duplicates, the challenges include: a jump quest, traveling to an island, a small maze, or even pvp enabled hill, where players can fight for a flower that restocks once every minute. after the 2nd try guessing the "flower code", a hint will appear above your flower pots, which gives you the exact position of one flower. If you get the code wrong, the flower pots will reset, of course. Awards could be included, but aren't needed for this, it could be fun doing this in groups of 4-8 people, but might be possible with up to 15.

- Castle siege (pvp mode parhaps) - basicly, it's like ctf, but in stead of a flag, you must take tnt from the center to one of your castle's cannons, each time a team does it, the enemy team will loose a cannon(BOOM >:D), the winning team is the one that still has cannon(s).

- Attack of Titans - Players will scatter and search for supplies in a dark forest (of course having equips already made, because of the mobs), the supplies can contain ores, swords, enchanted books, xp bottles, iron, and an anvil will be hidden as well, once a player gets enough materials, for his opinion, he can use lunch a firework, which on use, will teleport him to a room where he can craft or enchant weapons, and armor, the player will stay there until 5 minutes have passed from the start of the match, which means player will get notices reminding them they should use the firework before the time is up. After the 5 minutes have passed, all players will be teleported into a field, having giants(huge zombies) start appearing (5 giants, in a delay of 20 sec between each one's spawn), the players who have survived(if you die while in the forest, you are out) will then fight against the mighty "titans", the player who lands the last hit on a titan will receive 100$ in game cash, and during the titan fight, mobs could also spawn but having no bounty, the player or team who survived will win the match.

- Mage pvp - A pvp with a small twist, you have no sword, it's a fight between 2 great mage teams, could be a nice ctf with a twist.
Pyro mage- begins with a stick with sharpness I, a book with fire aspect I(Tome of Flame), throws fire charges as projectiles.
Ice mage - has a stick with knockback I sharpness I, a splash potion of slowness I(short), Throws snowballs as projectiles.
Snowballs and fire charges will deal same damage, and will also have a cool down between each throw.

- Skelly Vs. Zombie - team pvp, with one team having skelleton heads and the other zombie, and each team has 2 horses, mutated, for the use of a player, once a horse dies, it'll take 20 sec for it to respawn in it's place :P (could be ctf or w/e the normal pvp is)

Well, these are my suggestions, they might seem hard to do, but it might be fun to try and make them, or these could be base or inspirations for other minigames we should have :)

Stoux
12-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey Wackmo, You should have a talk with Nirosu & teach him a thing or 2.

nirosu
12-09-2013, 07:54 PM
suggestion in a sentence? sorry, but it's composed of 5 parts, I can shorten it here :P

1. fishing contest minigame with enchantments and score ( might include reward)
2. Flower arrangement - arranging flowers in a certain order to win, can only gather a type of flower through challenges(look up for details)
3. Castle siege - a capture the flag with a twist that there's no flag, but instead a cannon ball in the middle of the map which is used to blow the other team's cannons using yours.
4. Attack of Titans - get to treasure hunting through a dangerous forest before the time comes to face the Titans(giant zombies, look up for details)
5. Mage Pvp- instead of swords, one team will use fireballs and wand as a sword + a spellbook of fire aspect I, and the other will use snowballs equally powerfull and a wand as a sword and potion of slowness.

Happy :D?

Slacky
12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Why do you have to write an essay again before posting a summary? Really discouraging to start reading that...
On topic: Don't really think any of these ideas will be implemented, though it would be cool to have another Pvp gametype.

nirosu
12-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Why do you have to write an essay again before posting a summary? Really discouraging to start reading that...
On topic: Don't really think any of these ideas will be implemented, though it would be cool to have another Pvp gametype.

Well, I sure could throw some words into air, like "I suggest we should have more minigames"....
or "We should have parkours".... but I aim on specific things, I'd thought of, I don't go and suggest something that can be helpful if I'm unsure of what specificly would help, it would be like saying:"we need more VIP features", it's too darn general, and my heads like to get creative, that is why I write the system down, and this was also my way to summarize it already, I could've kept on blabbering on what fish gives points in the contest, what shape of island, what lvl, but it isn't that important for me >.> as first I need to get the main frame built before getting to the details of the interior :P

Cats_say_moo
13-09-2013, 01:48 AM
i dont know if this would be a server for minigames thou. Its main focus is survival. Not minigames ? I dunno if it is going to stay this way lol, But i do have to say Good Luck to who ever wants to make a plugin from scratch in minecraft that works with a Attack on Titan theme. GL x.x

honkin_pigs
13-09-2013, 09:50 AM
i dont know if this would be a server for minigames thou. Its main focus is survival. Not minigames ? I dunno if it is going to stay this way lol, But i do have to say Good Luck to who ever wants to make a plugin from scratch in minecraft that works with a Attack on Titan theme. GL x.x

I'm pretty sure a minigame world is something that was talked about by staff (either heard stoux or jack mention it) and also i know there's at least 4 pvp gametypes now, KOTT, simple PVP, 1v1 PVP and some pit surrounded by fire that i fell in exploring the pvp world >.>

Cats_say_moo
13-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure a minigame world is something that was talked about by staff (either heard stoux or jack mention it) and also i know there's at least 4 pvp gametypes now, KOTT, simple PVP, 1v1 PVP and some pit surrounded by fire that i fell in exploring the pvp world >.>

A minigame world and what minigames are entirly diffrent. Im saying "Hey lets add hunger games" this wouldnt be the server to say yes.

nirosu
13-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Well cats, these things here suggested are more or less minigames operated by mods+, just like the team pvp, they mightn't be easy to code, but they could be awesome, having a skelly/zombie pvp shouldn't be that hard if you got a normal pvp plugin that you can change a bit (might be hard if cannot be changed >.>), and skelly/zombie horse spawner is possible, making them auto tamed - that's a bit different, but it could be part of the experience :D Mage pvp also shouldn't be impossible, there's the special hoe that throws fireballs, and enchanting a stick is possible with creative, adding a delay between fireballs and snowballs might be something else, but I'm sure our plugin guys can do that.

Maybe having the mage pvp as a seperate 1 vs 1 pvp that you automatically get a set of mage-weaponery, and have increased health and armour, making this a nice long ranged mage battle :P

Cats_say_moo
13-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Thats the main thing thou nirosu, Are we a suvival server or a Minigames server? If we focus on minigames rather than just a few of them it would take over the survival aspect and make players want to go to the minigames part of the server. If anything we need the simple minigames, Golf, Spleef, Cake Defence. Thats is all that is needed. I dont think we need a special custom plugin that has you being able to do 50+ things as one time.

nirosu
13-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Thats the main thing thou nirosu, Are we a suvival server or a Minigames server? If we focus on minigames rather than just a few of them it would take over the survival aspect and make players want to go to the minigames part of the server. If anything we need the simple minigames, Golf, Spleef, Cake Defence. Thats is all that is needed. I dont think we need a special custom plugin that has you being able to do 50+ things as one time.

50 things at a time? hellz no, this be minigames ran by mods+, people won't be loggin just for these, but it will make the experience more fun... and besides, what can uou suggest to make the survival aspect better? it's up to mojang atm >.> all we can do is have cool features and events to attract more members.... it's true that we shouldn't overuse or have too many, but neglecting them is also bad, from my point of view, the server is at first a community, and only then survival, and well, a community needs more than just a server host.... it needs something to keep the community alive, and making the server unique in it's own way.

Cats_say_moo
13-09-2013, 11:07 PM
50 things at a time? hellz no, this be minigames ran by mods+, people won't be loggin just for these, but it will make the experience more fun... and besides, what can uou suggest to make the survival aspect better? it's up to mojang atm >.> all we can do is have cool features and events to attract more members.... it's true that we shouldn't overuse or have too many, but neglecting them is also bad, from my point of view, the server is at first a community, and only then survival, and well, a community needs more than just a server host.... it needs something to keep the community alive, and making the server unique in it's own way.

Atm the pvp plugin that runs the pvp games isnt even i beta yet xD, It would be something to see maybe later on when its been polished up. But atm im allright with left clicking ans yelling at eachother on teamspeak about capturing flags.