PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (Completed): Sonic Weekly Scores

nirosu
15-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Heya, I've got a suggestion:

Having a weekly sonic scoreboard(or monthly) in addition to the all time board, to make it possible for people to feel they are first place at something, and maybe having a broadcast each time someone breaks the monthly/all time score.

Cats_say_moo
15-09-2013, 11:43 AM
maybe having a broadcast each time someone breaks the monthly/all time score.

Yet you want it reset monthly? Thats means the day or even week its reset the broadcasts will be spammed. Also I wouldnt think it is that big of a deal with the sonic weekly scores, I wouldnt mind the reset of them monthly.

nirosu
15-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Yet you want it reset monthly? Thats means the day or even week its reset the broadcasts will be spammed. Also I wouldnt think it is that big of a deal with the sonic weekly scores, I wouldnt mind the reset of them monthly.

since I didn't want it to be an essay, and I fully trust our plugin guys, I haven't wrote about how the system would work, I'm sure they'd either do a anti broadcast thingy as long as there were less than 20 sonic scores or they'd set a primary score that need to be passed into order to do the first broadcast, it won't be to spamy.

Also, if a person in first place beats his own score, he won't get another broadcast. And breaking the all-time score would have a fancy broadcast :P

If sonic becomes abandoned one of these years, we could use the system to also give a small reward(small as in cake, not as in the sonic shoes or something :P)

Ryuuga
15-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I think it's fun to add a temporary list next to the all time list I'd personally would go for a monthly board although I wouldn't recommend a broadcast for each record breaker for the monthly board since the chat would be spammed by it every month at least once.

p.s. I disagree with the reward idea since we already have the lottery to and out free cakes and none of the current mini-games give you a reward besides a broadcast (spleef) with the exception being Cake Defence (which can only be run by staff).

honkin_pigs
15-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Yup i would love monthly boards but i think weekly would be two often, and as brought up by the others i think the broadcast system would be to spammy everytime the board was reset, would be cool to see this implemented nonetheless

SparkleUnidog
15-09-2013, 10:10 PM
A monthly board sounds fair - that way, those who feel they can't break the current high scores (those times are crazy!) would have a chance to get their name up there. :3

nirosu
16-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Lol, just having the headline say weekly makes all rage while I said monthly or weekly, we already decided it is monthly XD

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 03:05 AM
A monthly board sounds fair - that way, those who feel they can't break the current high scores (those times are crazy!) would have a chance to get their name up there. :3

i always thought i'd stand no chance in hell at getting anywhere near the top 50, but now im ranked 6, with enough practice i think someone could even beat skilzy, although to get to number 6 i have been practising like a couple hours a day for a while now :3

nirosu
26-09-2013, 10:22 AM
so.... monthly scoreboard, is it possible then?

Stoux
28-09-2013, 05:48 AM
I like some parts of the idea and will start fiddling with it when I have time.

Stoux
28-10-2013, 10:03 AM
With the release of the new minigames plugin I also reworked sonic, took this with me in one go.
Need to fix the /sonic help command, but /sonic time <player> will give you the best time of that player (or your own if you don't enter a player), the checkpoints & the player's best time of the current month.
For leaderboards: /sonic leaderboard <monthly>