PDA

View Full Version : Nirosu's Creativity Corner:Suggestion

nirosu
16-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Heya fellow people of the community, I have a suggestion that is not for the site, the suggestion is more like asking you if you want me to proceed with my idea:

Nirosu's Creativity Corner - What's that?

I'll give an example:

for example, let's say this week's creative tool is "magnet", and the subject is "someone important to you in the community", then the expected comments and submissions would be pictures of fan-made magnet with figures, or symbols of someone who is important to you in the community, it doesn't really have to be a working magnet, just a design, but it's up to you to make it a magnet, or even make a magnet collection of community people, and it would probably be awesome posting it in the community's facebook page!

In other words, the point of this post is boosting the fellow members of the community to express their artistic talent, or devotion to the community! whether it'll be a fan-made piece of art, or a well designed craftsmanship that might be absolutely amazing! And who knows, maybe this could become official, like a contest.

And of course I won't leave you clueless, I myself will participate and post my piece at the thread, to give you an example... but be warned... while I'm good at minecraft building, essay writing, making random stories and maybe a bit of papercrafting, I'm derp when it comes to painting, my art usually gets crooked... whether it's a sketch or a sculpture.

So what is this thread then if not the Creativity Corner?

Well, all I want here is just replies whether you ant this thing to happen or not, and also deciding the name of this thing, I don't plan to keep it "Nirosu's Creativity Corner", I'd be glad if it'll be something that will belong to the community, like "Slap-Snap Creative Section" or "Sounds Like An Art"(SLAA >.>)

If this will get support, then maybe even this week I'll release the first one.

Also feel free to suggest themes and subjects.(YES, I already have thought of making a dessert, sculpting, cosplay(No way i'ma do that, you do it for halloween creativity corner, but leave me out XD I don't even celebrate halloween :/ ), papercraft)

Cats_say_moo
16-09-2013, 09:59 PM
ummm hows about this, We make it like Slap Snap but insted of making a new thread everytime you want to post, post in in 1 thread? And ill add a few of me arts <3

nirosu
16-09-2013, 10:04 PM
I've decided to make an example with a real picture(sorta)

Theme:Painting/Computer
Subject:Picture a painting of you meeting someone you admire in the community for the first time out side of the internet.

This is an example, as you see, the theme is painting, it could've been said black and white painting but not this time, so I put color.

A few words about the submission:"I wuv Jackster21, and Cody wuvs him too"

And it also fits the subject: meeting with someone you admire - painting you with that someone

*do note this example is given in a serious way to show the use of them and subject, however the painting itself is completely humorous in this case, and in case of fail or joke submission we'll probably dislike, if a submission looks good, don't be afraid to give likes, if you don't submit anything cause you are not experienced with this theme, then you could still have the chance to look at the sweet things others did, and like them (or dislike in case it looks like a joke or disgraceful)*

P.S to cats: The use of multiple posts is needed to distinguish the theme and subject, BUT, we could do a monthly post, I don't like having old post being held alive by bumps, but a post once a month is the most I can do >.> and still it will come out derpy, since the heading will have the art of the post(for example: Nirosu's Creativity corner:Painting Sep2013)

Cats_say_moo
16-09-2013, 10:19 PM
The thing is thou we dont need 50 threads for 1 picture a thread....

nirosu
16-09-2013, 10:39 PM
The thing is thou we dont need 50 threads for 1 picture a thread....

o.o errr.... you didn't get the idea then....
It won't be 1 picture a thread, no no.... it'll be AT LEAST 1 picture a thread, the first picture I'm posting, to show the concept of the week's them and subject, and members will submit their art related to the them and subject within that post, I'm just the host, the declarer of the week's theme, every contest needs a judge, although I'm not one, I'm the one arranging the theme and subject.

Cats_say_moo
17-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Dont think too many people are going to post art slap related weekly lol, Even if you did theamed the amount of people actualy submitting is close to none.

nirosu
17-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Dont think too many people are going to post art slap related weekly lol, Even if you did theamed the amount of people actualy submitting is close to none.

It's a try >...> doesn't have to be weekly, and the point is tolook for the creative people in slap, for example Sparkle can draw, I'm sure someone can bake, and there might be people who will try it anyways.
I'd put in game rewards in minecraft, but this activity needs to come from people's own artistic need/way of expression rather than greed.

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 11:07 AM

Did i do it right? - You may need to click on the images then zoom in using CTRL+Scroll or CTRL + +

nirosu
17-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Lol..... you made my day honkin xD

This is example of how the thing goes, a theme - the type of art, and the subject- what is it about. and people post their creations.... but a bit more serious than these here, since they are only an example.

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 12:16 PM
rofl, i'd probably participate no matter how horribly i do, just for the luls :3

nirosu
17-09-2013, 12:18 PM
rofl, i'd probably participate no matter how horribly i do, just for the luls :3

That's the spirit! Although I'm quite sure you'd find something your good at, creativity isn't only paintings and sculpture, it can even be a story, but that's later on.

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 12:35 PM
That's the spirit! Although I'm quite sure you'd find something your good at, creativity isn't only paintings and sculpture, it can even be a story, but that's later on.

well im more than willing to enter the guide cup regardless of the fact im the newbie guide, and i'll enter my book into the cook competition :3

honkin_pigs
17-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Edit: posted the wrong reply in the wrong thread :3
but yeah hopefully i'll do well in something hehe :D
should make coffee art a thing at some point ;o

MohDaol
18-09-2013, 12:44 PM

i'm so good at drawing XD

nirosu
18-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I think they get the concept.... except the fact most things will be irl arts, rather than paint... that is more impressive xD

nirosu
19-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Anyone else support the idea or wanne submit some funny random picture for the lols?

naithantu
19-09-2013, 06:38 PM

i'm so good at drawing XD

That is a horrible joke.

I must use this pic somewhere :P

jimred9
19-09-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm going to give it a go soon but I only have a mouse and paint+net.... So I don't have the best stuff but I'm sure it will give some laughs :p...

nirosu
19-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm going to give it a go soon but I only have a mouse and paint+net.... So I don't have the best stuff but I'm sure it will give some laughs :p...

Goddam >.> This is only an example, I've yet to make the official post >.>

But seeing there's much support, I'll stick with it.

Btw, please give ideas for a name for this >.>