PDA

View Full Version : Slap-Snap Creativity Corner: Post 1! Sep 2013

nirosu
23-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Heya Guys, welcome to the Slap-Snap Creativity Corner, or in short, SSCC! (Super Smash Cross Crawl... had to say that :P ( sounds like Super Smash Bros. Brawl <3 ) )

This week, for the first time we be having an art corner, and for starters, we'll do something simple, but yet nice: I have no name for it!

Let's call it, Freestyle.... yea, Freestyle...

In the "Freestyle", there's no exact material needed to be used, as long as it fits the theme and the objective of the SSCC, and this week's objective is to write the world SLAP, or Sounds Like A Plan, using games, in that way we'd have SLAP gaming! :P

What does that mean? be creative! show us how you can creatively write SLAP using games! be it board games, toys, puppets and even Lego (please someone do a lego one <3), just find a way to express your creativity or either your adoration and support in the community!

And for my promise, a submission from the lovely Nirosu to show you what I mean(with submission description included):

Name of work: N/A

Source of inspiration/motivation: As far as I know, chess is the game of kings, a quite worthy game to represent the Slap symbol of gaming.

Any other info: Null

Feel free to add w/e you like, for example, minecraft name, age, hobbies, an explanation on the picture or w/e.

The Rules are quite simple:
Freestyle- Freestyle is only limited as it cannot be done by computer.
Appropriate pictures - you should know the forum rules anyways... so... the only thing about here, try to stick to the objective, submitting something a bit off doesn't mean it's necessarily bad, unless it breaks the forum rules or is not appropriate at all(in this case naughty toys would be inappropriate)

Good luck! hoping to see someone getting really creative, and if we get something brilliant, we'll be sure to either post it as it is (with your permission) to the facebook group, or we'd make a collab of the works and upload it to facebook(with permissions)... please also state if you permit that.... but you'd probably stopped reading this description already :P

go go go! Time to some Slap-Snap Creativity Corner~

Swiftblade
23-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Seems like a good way to be a little more interactive with the community good job Niro! :D

nirosu
25-09-2013, 12:37 PM
If you so much object to the idea, say so, ignoring this means nothing -.- you may also suggest next week's thing...

Cats_say_moo
29-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Well minecrafts a game right?
http://i.imgur.com/ReF764c.png

nirosu
29-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Not what was expected, but it's fine! seems like it'll leave a mark on Jack :P

And for another thing, I present you another example, as I also am allowed to post something.

I present you, my newest piece of work, might give you ideas or more of a clue what to do :P

Litterally, Gaming, this one is filled with history, from gameboy, to wii, from p.c to xbox 360, :P

Jackster21
29-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Meh, shows off peoples creativity, and isn't a bad read.

I support this thread.

Swiftblade
29-09-2013, 04:43 PM
558Well I ran out of some other materials so here we go! :D

honkin_pigs
01-10-2013, 04:43 PM
http://i.minus.com/jWUWF8OcGbNFt.png

Didnt have that many ideas, so i thought i'd copy cats but with more swag
All blocks were placed by me the only help i had from staff was where ryuu assisted me with getting tnt in the cake defence, as i couldnt warp there with any in my inventory :)
hope this is alright.

jimred9
01-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Nice artwork here, I will try something soon.. :)

nirosu
01-10-2013, 09:05 PM
gratz honkin and cats! You've made "grieffing" an art :) I'd like to see Jackster's face when he sees this.... that is, if you didn't ignite those tnt....