Thread: Skyblock Server

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog

Skyblock Server

So, as we know... the server is pretty much dead.

Now I dunno if that's to players leave, no bumping of the advertising threads, both, none, or whatever - but clearly the server needs to do something to bring the players back!

We have a few servers already, like minigames, survival, creative, I know... but we need some more that players are currently playing as a challenge right now - like Skyblock! Yes, I know we have Skywars, but that's a minigame, and you can't really do on your own. With Skyblock you can.

A lot of servers, both small and big, are keeping a good number of players because they have servers like Skyblock, Factions and Prison. We may have Minigames and Creative, but the other server is Survival. To many this isn't much of a challenge nor different to them. If we had something like Skyblock, it could save the Slap Server.

Now, the real task is if anyone even sees/looks at this and gives it some thought...
    VIP "Rainbow" Sparkleunidog
    ~ Former server Admin and Moderator ​~

X X X X X X X X X X X X

2. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.xiTropicz
    Minecraft Name
    xiTropicz
    Starcraft Name
    Slap Tropicz
    It's all good making the server better but without the advertising it's pointless, and it's going to take a lot of work.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is my name blue

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Quote Originally Posted by xiTropicz View Post
    It's all good making the server better but without the advertising it's pointless, and it's going to take a lot of work.
    That's why we have staff, isn't it? They should be out there advertising the server on the few forums Slap uses to advertise - like we used to! I remember getting a scowling when no one did it by a few days - so how has it gone on this long? Have the staff just given up? There's only so much advertising I can do myself.

I haven't given up. And that's why I'm suggesting something i know players are into right now.

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger4750 View Post
    why is my name blue
    It's blue because you are staff. If you aren't staff then SOMEONE should of removed it by now.

Seriously, standards have dropped since i was last here. Just what's HAPPENED to the server?

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Minecraft Admin
    Plugin Dev
    Memer
    Memes
    Howmany things can I add here?
    Top kek
    Quite a few actually.
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Stoux
    Minecraft Name
    Stoux
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    the server is pretty much dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleUnidog View Post
    Just what's HAPPENED to the server?
    Not "Pretty much", it's dead. But it's been like that for at least, like, 1-2+ years.

The are only a few players who still log in a couple of times a month (?). Pretty much none of the staff have any interest anymore in pouring in hours and hours for only a couple of players. Next to that a lot of them have moved on to other games.
    I think there are only a few staff members who do still log in occasionally. As for the reactions on here; it just became a running gag to react as staff member "whuts mod". See any other post made in the last X months.

We'll prob stay online till MC 1.9 launches, as everything currently just "runs" without us having to do anything as in maintenance etc. However, 1.9 will require us to update plugins, write new code for the plugins, fix all that shit, etc etc. I simply don't have the time and/or motivation anymore to keep doing all that stuff and I fear I'm not the only who has that opinion. I don't know what we'll do with all the stuff of the server (maps, data, etc), but I guess that will be a thing for when we actually shut it down.
    As I see it: The only reason the server is currently still online is just more of a loyalty thing. To allow people to occasionally still visit all the cool stuff they and others have build over the years. Server costs haven't been breaking even for 2+ years.
    Another option is to downgrade the Minecraft server setup and just keep a more view-only like online.

TeamSpeak however is the most active since we've switched from Ventrilo. We pretty much have 15-30 people online every night. There a bunch of people (me included) who do have the motivation and money to keep TeamSpeak running, no matter what.

tl;dr: server is dead, will prob shut down when MC 1.9 releases, TeamSpeak & other games are the main focus.

8. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    SparkleUnidog
    Minecraft Name
    Sparkleunidog
    I find it a shame that Slap would prefer to just shut the server down instead of fighting to keep it up...

I think the server has been staying dead because no one does anything to advertise it, add stuff that other, more popular servers are adding, ect - I can understand if staff and such have lost motivation for it but still, it's just such a huge shame that shutting it down sounds better to people than keeping it open.

But, if those in charge decide to do that then there's nothing to be done. I just hope no one regrets it once it's done. :/

X X X X X X X X X X X X

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone that used to manage the server has stopped playing minecraft years ago and simply isn't interested in it anymore. Before when admins stepped down there were already new players to take their place, now there aren't.
    When I left, Stoux was still active to develop plugins and improve the server, then some time later when Stoux left no one took his place.
    There's not really any point in fighting to keep it up if we aren't using it anymore anyway.

If you want the server to stay up then you'd have to get new staff that are willing to put in time to improve the server as well as find someone who can update everything once 1.9 hits. And unfortunately I don't think we have any active players that can take that role right now.

It is a shame if the server shuts down, but people just moved on to other games.
    naithantu - Slap Gaming Minecraft Plugin Developer

11. Likes xiTropicz liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.xiTropicz
    Minecraft Name
    xiTropicz
    Starcraft Name
    Slap Tropicz
    I think I've played enough Minecraft to last a lifetime, it's not really appealing anymore XD