Sounds Like A Plan! - Powered by vBulletin
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Builder
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to become a mod.

I have a lot of experience as a staff. I'm friendly and i love to help. I've been on the server for a while and i wan't to help out.

Why do i want to become a moderator?
    Because I think I'm ready to become one. Ill work hard and be dedicated to this server. Ill be on at least 2 hours a day.

I have ventrilo and i added slap-gaming on facebook. I also have skype if needed. My skype account is deferdefer1231.

I live In canada and I'm 15 now. I'am mature and i won't screw up the server. I'll do my best. I promise. If you would like to know me more, I can talk on skype or ventrilo. I just don't know the network in ventrilo.

Thank you,
    deferdefer123

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Minecraft Moderator(s)

I always play on this server and Im a very respected member, I can talk to people in a manor which is Decent, i also am a very involved team player i also like to help out people its what Im best at, under pressure doesn't bother me xD. i can deal with sticky situations quickly and swift -__- xD Im also Live in the UK i also get along with a few mods all ready i also have ventrilo.

Apprentice
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings,

I am posting to finally apply for Moderator for Slap-Gaming.com Minecraft Server. The main reason I look to try and assist the server as a Moderator is that I feel that this community is a strong, friendly, and great atmosphere for people with similar interested to get together, play a game, meet each other, and have fun.

Living in a small town in Alabama, USA, I have become a late night gamer. I always enjoy finding new opportunities to assist people (either in real life of digital) in any way that I can. As I feel that as a person we should help each other to the best we can in order to make the time we spend together more enjoyable and optimal, in this case, gaming experience.

All of the roles of the moderator listed below would be something that I would willing do, and easily assist in without hesitation or bother.

__________________________________________________ ______________________
    > basic admin stuff (when asked by me/duee/sarah)
    > Worldguarding
    > forum moderation (access given)
    > Giving people in-game cash in exchange for votes
    > Granting items for VIP's
    > Making sure guests to the server register to the website and gain build permissions
    > General assistance on the server
    > Sorting out the fools that play on our server
    > Keeping the peace
    > Making sure everyone enjoys their time on our server
    > Server promotion
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

And beyond these tasks of a moderator I am always looking for new things to create to help, fund, or promote the server. As I am a freelance Business development and Product designer, I would willingly (as time permitted) to assist in creating graphics, website development, T-shirt design, or any other development assistance that my skills and professional experience could assist with.

I look forward to working with you and growing with the community.

MastaMatt (Gragdish).

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    llamaiord
    Minecraft Name
    Murasakiryu

I joined a few weeks ago, and I live in California in the US. I've been an admin on servers before as well as owned my own. I feel I am mature enough to be a mod. I coach high schoolers in speech and debate so I feel that I can not only communicate well with others, but work with those who are younger. I'd like to be a mod since there are times when there are either no mods on or only one, and I'd like to give help where I can since the server is growing. I feel that I am able to complete all the tasks you have outlined for the Mods.

basic admin stuff (when asked by me/duee/sarah): Not too sure what you'll have me do but I can be a happy little minion. =D

Worldguarding: I have a bit of experience with world edit, but not world gaurd. I am a fast learner though so I feel like I will be able to pick it up pretty fast.

forum moderation (access given): I have moderated forums before. I have helped run a few forums for friends, and I believe that I can do this with no problem.

Giving people in-game cash in exchange for votes/Granting items for VIP's/Making sure guests to the server register to the website and gain build permissions: Simple things. I tend to tell those who are knew how things work when they ask any ways.

General assistance on the server: This is the main reason I want to be a moderator. I see Cyro night after night being the only one on the server and having to take care of someone while having 5 other people ask for help. Often I have wanted to be able to take some of the work off his hands, but couldn't. It is the same for the other staff. I'd like to be able to take some of the work load so things can run smoothly. And I'd probably try to fix some of the messed up landscaping. My OCD has forced me to start working on some areas that hurt my eyes to look at.

Sorting out the fools that play on our server/Keeping the peace: I feel like I am good at resolving conflicts since I work with a high school team, and I do a pretty good job at staying neutral. I often have to resolve disputes between student and keep them in line (and being debaters they get heated sometimes ;3). I am pretty good at looking at both sides and not jumping to conclusions. I feel it is a moderators job to stay neutral and try to make sure things are resolved. I also have no problem making sure those who are out of line are taken care of in an appropriate fashion so they do not ruin the experience for others. I feel working with high school students gives me the experience of giving out punishments without being too harsh. It's a balance, you can't be too hard or too soft.

Making sure everyone enjoys their time on our server: Enjoyment is the reason people play minecraft, and so anything I can do to make the experience better for others is something I want to achieve. Within reason, that is. I've had mods make servers more fun for me, so I would like to do the same here.

Server promotion: I have accounts on different sites and twitter, so this will be no problem.

I really enjoy this server, staff, and the community, and I would like to be able to help it grow and be a fun place for people to play on.

<3 MurasakiRyu
    I'm the one who knocks.

5. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello~!

After spending time on the server and getting some of the people/staff, I'm interested in moderating the server. I've got some experience modding - never a public minecraft server, but a few private ones and several other online communities. I was a moderator for a pretty active League of Legends streaming community for a while. I'm from the US (Pacific time zone), and am online a decent portion of the day - mostly at night, sometimes pretty late (often I'm online until between midnight-2 AM at the earliest).

From what I've seen, the staff seem pretty great. I'd be really happy to be a part of it - and maybe take a little bit of the stress off during the slow hours. Late at night in particular there seems to end up being too few staff sometimes when too many people ask for help at the same time. If I can be of use, I'd be glad to help out - this is probably the best-organized server I've been on and I'd love to contribute to it.

I don't have any previous experience using worldguard, but I have a little bit of basic knowledge of worldedit. I helped work on spawn on one of the old servers I was on, and so I did a lot of landscaping and such. I'm a pretty quick learner when it comes to plugins - I learned most of what I know of worldedit by reading the wiki.

I enjoy answering questions and helping people out, especially newer players who are still starting to find their way around. I've gotten pretty used to dealing with people and resolving conflicts. I spent a long time as one of the main chat moderators for a livestream, so I've dealt with a lot of spam and the like.

I'd love to contribute to the server and help out where I can.

7. Likes Blake liked this post
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    Jackster21
    Minecraft Name
    Jackster21
    Starcraft Name
    Denby

Gragdish Is Now A Trial US Moderator!
    Jackster21 - Slap Gaming Owner

Builder
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

ign ac18eye
    im great under pressure, have a skype and a mic and im mature (Fresman in highschool) live in idaho and im a facebook fan plz keep me posted and i been with the server for som time and been on minecraft for 2 months
    i talked with xitopicz

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam Name:
    S!ap.boomchickawahwah
    Minecraft Name
    flrnprdmn

Guys, once you want to post, please make sure you fit the requirements! This is very helpful for us and also for others!

Oh, and please do not double-post, there is an "EDIT" button at the upper right corner of your post.

Builder
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i would make a great mod as I am very sensible and enjoy helping people. I have never been a mod before but i think that i would learn pretty fast just give me a chance you wont regret. i will not disobey a Superior and i will respect and enforce the rules. all i want is a chance plz. i will help anyone when i am needed. thank you shadowsxelite500

Minecraft VIP
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know how i didnt pass a a mod cause i require everything